The Official NBA Thread: Lakers Fire Darvin Ham

If you wanted "championship experience" could've just overpaid Bruce Brown and Gabe Vincent for much less and still win the same 30-35 games.

You're gonna be a lottery team regardless and that OKC pick is top 4 protected.

Brooks chucking 20 shots a game on 35% shooting wont take away from the young guys minutes but will change the culture.

Lol ok.

Sabonis was a bum when it counted
Like Randle; injured ankle be dambed we know who he is come postszn.

The ‘win now’ move that led them choosing him was made to disappointing fashion so far.

Lowkey depressing unless they make it to the Finals with this dude.

Obi still going to better than him in just a couple szns. Maybe Jacob can blossom, stick around, and come big bro to come back home some day. Idk, **** really sucks.

Dude stay dying on these bum *** hills.

This new money has changed the game & as mentioned if you’re trying to develop your young core, don’t need a glut of vets taking up minutes.

Brooks doesn’t have any green lights to chuck his shots neither. He’s been brought in to be a 3&D guy but his focus is the latter. Good coaching should determine that at least.

Just say ‘oh ight I was wrong’ & dead the **** b4 you look more foolio.

They dont have needs. They suck.

I like FVV, but there are much cheaper point guards out there for a team that'll still be in the lottery with or without him.

That Ime hire to speed up the rebuild, not a fan of at all.
As has been explained in here already, under the new CBA the Rockets had to spend a certain amount of money this off-season or be penalized. They were basically incentivized to overpay for a couple vets.

The FVV contract is essentially 2 years which is totally fine. They needed a PG who can play, but is still a vet. They overpaid but they had to and 2 years is fine. That third year was where people were outraged.

Guaranteeing 4 years and at that price for Brooks is a lot. A bit much for me. I get the signing, but they have a lot of young guys that play that position. If they don’t overtake Brooks soon that means they aren’t good. You’re going to have 20 million on the bench. But they needed some hard nosed defenders.

Ime is going to lean heavy on the vets. The young guys really need to show up to get their minutes.

Not sure what the Rockets objective is. I thought KJ Martin was one of their most consistent players last season. They traded him away for nothing.

I understand the FVV signing. The Rockets played an incredibly sloppy brand of basketball. Fred will take care of the rock, run the offense, and make life easier for everybody else. As a last place team, they had to overpay.

The Brooks signing is puzzling. 4 years/80 mil. Who exactly were they outbidding? I don’t think he was a hot commodity. He made a fool of himself in the playoffs.

If they get one thing right, I hope they make Sengun a centerpiece of the offense.

As has been explained in here already, under the new CBA the Rockets had to spend a certain amount of money this off-season or be penalized. They were basically incentivized to overpay for a couple vets.

The Rockets had to reach a certain level by the start of the season. Instead of overpaying to be stuck in the lottery on the first days of FA there are other ways (trades) they could've explored throughout the offseason.

As soon as Ime came in, the objective wasn't to just get a PG. It was to pay anyone and everyone they could to try to win as fast as possible. They were linked to every vet (FVV, Lopez, Jaylen Brown, Khris, etc).

I'm all about meaningful games matter for development, but not this fast. It's literally been 2 years and your pick is still top 4 protected.

Look at the Spurs. They have cap space and young players and aren't out there overpaying and adding long term contracts as fast as they could.

The Rockets had to reach a certain level by the start of the season. Instead of overpaying to be stuck in the lottery on the first days of FA there are other ways (trades) they could've explored throughout the offseason.

As soon as Ime came in, the objective wasn't to just get a PG. It was to pay anyone and everyone they could to try to win as fast as possible. They were linked to every vet (FVV, Lopez, Jaylen Brown, Khris, etc).

I'm all about meaningful games matter for development, but not this fast. It's literally been 2 years and your pick is still top 4 protected.

Look at the Spurs. They have cap space and young players and aren't out there overpaying and adding long term contracts as fast as they could.
You think they were going to hit the floor right before the season started?

Clear as day agents were using the rockets cap space as leverage

Why are you complaining about which players were linked to them who didn’t even end up there

They ended up with two new starters who can be easily removed from their equation at anytime

And now the current spurs are some kind of barometer and model of success

wut is going on in this post

Ime has to reach and get these players. He pretty much was black balled. He has 1 shot to get it right

Why are you complaining about which players were linked to them who didn’t even end up there

They ended up with two new starters who can be easily removed from their equation at anytime

And now the current spurs are some kind of barometer of success

wut is going on in this post

What man?

You gotta be joking about a 40m/year FVV or a 20m/yr Dillon Brooks being easily removed if things dont work. They're gonna have to attach a pick to get rid of Brooks.

Was there even any other team linked to Dillon Brooks?

What man?

You gotta be joking about a 40m/year FVV or a 20m/yr Dillon Brooks being easily removed if things dont work. They're gonna have to attach a pick to get rid of Brooks.

Was there even any other team linked to Dillon Brooks?
FVV only has 2 years guaranteed

After those 2 years they can easily pivot away from both of them

If your gripe is strictly with brooks’ deal, alright- it isn’t the best but you’re acting like it’s going to set the franchise back even more

Your proposal of Bruce brown and Vincent makes less sense than what they did and that’s assuming those two even realistically wanted to come

You dont even know what you truly have with Green, Sengun, Amen, Jabari, Cam yet

It's been a solid 2 years. Ime coming in acting like they gotta win right away asap.

Its w.e I gave my 2 cents about w.e the Rockets FO thinks they're doing.

Back
Top Bottom