The Official NBA Thread: Lakers Fire Darvin Ham

Why in the **** is John Collins even on the overrated list. He’s not good enough to qualify.

Biggest issue with AD is lofty expectations and optics.

He's easily a better defender than Gobert. But he's 25ppg and has the whole LAL/taking the mantle from Bron 1a/1b expectations surrounding him.

Another thing is @Lizakers Jokic/Sabonis/Nurkic have had their way with AD this year. So it looks like he's not doing well when in actuality, he is the Lakers defense. All the numbers bear it out. Jokic does Rudy even worse.

Before they became teammates, Ant said Rudy wasn't even that good. :lol: It's weird that he's a shoe in for the award year after year and he's not even well perceived nor liked.
Yeah, miss me with that easily better than Gobert nonsense on defense. He is not an anchor defensively for a top defense on the perimeter or in the post. I dont think AD has been apart of a top ten defense in like 5 years.

And don't hit me with some advanced analytics I watch the games. It's like the Kobe haters that want to say he's not even top 10 because of some data. Can't tell me what I have seen.

Kobe top 10 talk time?

1713804917282.png

There needs to be a case study on the voting boost euro bigs get when it comes to season awards.
Don't think it's any sort of boost so much as they're legit the best at their positions out by some margin these days :lol:. Just look at their production these last 5 years compared to their domestic counterparts.

I'm gonna need something more substantial to even imply that the league or writers have some sort an anti-american agenda :lol:

Gobert about to get his 4th DPOY this year is why he's overrated.. This puts him same category defensively as Mutombo and Ben Wallace

AD has never won it. Bam has never won it. Giannis won once. Draymond won once.

Gobert is a great defender, but not a 4 year DPOY IMO

Gobert about to get his 4th DPOY this year is why he's overrated.. This puts him same category defensively as Mutombo and Ben Wallace

AD has never won it. Bam has never won it. Giannis won once.

Gobert is a great defender, but not a 4 year DPOY IMO

You have media voters who are content with giving Jokic MVP each year and Gobert DPOY. Why??? I don't know. Very interesting.

AD should have won it back in 2020

Gobert getting cooked every playoffs should have the same effect they do for MVPs not getting consideration for the regular season award as backward as that is.

But yea Vic being there is pretty much a slap in the face to AD so I get that.

AD gotta go up to Ham and demand to check Jokic all game
can't have the Best defender in the world and decide to let Rui get cooked

Honestly AD should guard Jokic all game. Even if he doesn't shut him down it will reduce the amount of easy buckets Jokic gets. Just make life harder for him the whole game.

Yeah, miss me with that easily better than Gobert nonsense on defense. He is not an anchor defensively for a top defense on the perimeter or in the post. I dont think AD has been apart of a top ten defense in like 5 years.

And don't hit me with some advanced analytics I watch the games. It's like the Kobe haters that want to say he's not even top 10 because of some data. Can't tell me what I have seen.

There's nothing he does better than AD besides be taller and less effective. Which is why the numbers bear it out. Forget that AD gives you 25ppg on the other end and is still a better all around defender. Nevermind that he has Ant and McDaniels on the perimeter as plus defenders to help him out. Gobert really only has to focus on one thing, and he still not better than AD. They really not in the same category :lol:

There's nothing he does better than AD besides be taller and less effective. Which is why the numbers bear it out. Forget that AD gives you 25ppg on the other end and is still a better all around defender. Nevermind that he has Ant and McDaniels on the perimeter as plus defenders to help him out. Gobert really only has to focus on one thing, and he still not better than AD. They really not in the same category :lol:
Offensively they not even in the same hemisphere 😂 AD>>>>>>>>>>Gobert

Gobert had defensive bums in Utah though

THEY want the NBA's 1st Team All-NBA to be

Luka, Giannis, Joker, Embiid, Wemby

Joker gets MVP, and then Gobert get DPOY. This is what THEY are trying to do.

Back
Top Bottom