The Official NBA Thread: Mavericks-T'Wolves Game 1 on TNT

The few times I've had to drive south, I get queasy going down the Hampton Tunnel Bridge.

nvl0VN-5RUwc5zwKUJ3KdPmnrt3zPkviNHROBvB91GZg0uZzLgfyL2sWRXlo22yE6AO2JOqkqEmHqpKqTEOuXnm5-7NwkHIpPJzdTbLF8rrCtVnhTisU0g

A bridge and tunnel under water. ****.

You would think it should be some stuff in place not to allow a whole ship to run smack Into a bridge, but also not really surprising seeing how things are run overall in this country
I read the ship lost power, the crew couldn't control it.

They started putting out mayday calls.

And they was only a few minutes until it made impact

Not enough time to get everyone off, but a few people were warned and prevented from driving into it

Mane im trying to tell you, folks can have these water bridges…if I can’t fly there I’ll just stay on my side I’m good :lol:

SF bridge, those Miami joints etc I want no parts

You need to look at the joints they have in Asia…. omg. Them joints be looking like church shoelaces floating in open water.

Scary as hell. And some even tunnel under the water then jut back out into the open water.

Those Miami causeways ain’t nothing compared to the 7 mile bridge in key west. That’s the only way to access key west by car

Not enough time to get everyone off, but a few people were warned and prevented from driving into it
Sounds like a mishap you can’t really control…They’ll def put some barrier or suspend it higher when they rebuild tho

The few times I've had to drive south, I get queasy going down the Hampton Tunnel Bridge.

nvl0VN-5RUwc5zwKUJ3KdPmnrt3zPkviNHROBvB91GZg0uZzLgfyL2sWRXlo22yE6AO2JOqkqEmHqpKqTEOuXnm5-7NwkHIpPJzdTbLF8rrCtVnhTisU0g

A bridge and tunnel under water. ****.

Favorite part about going up to Hampton as a kid was crossing that bridge and going into the tunnel. Light work.

Now as an adult I hate driving on it.

Yup. Those joints don’t just stop like regular vehicles. Same as a train.

The engines and what not be turned off but they don’t stop on a dime.

Taking the bridge. It's not THAT bad. Just don't look to your left or right.

Lock in.
It doesn’t bother me, but I know several people that are too scared and have been going up and around through Delaware for years. Adds like another hour or more to the trip :lol:

My wife gets a bit uneasy in the passenger seat though. Especially if I’m in the left lane and it has you go on the other side of the bridge against traffic :lol:

Any engineers here?

I dont think bridges are supposed to collapse like that on impact. That entire bridge came down. You would think only a section of it would.

Any engineers here?

I dont think bridges are supposed to collapse like that on impact. That entire bridge came down. You would think only a section of it would.

It didn’t get hit by an ordinary ship. That container ship probably weighs over 120,000+ tons including cargo

Corporations currently gearing up "supply chain issues" lies to jack up prices.
this will be true if something happens to the Port of LA

as for the ship, these container ships run on duel motors and and have auxilary power. they shouldve been able to divert the direction of it.
port captain got some more explaining to do

EYE am not an engineer
but i know some things

pic of an lng fueling operation

Attachments

• 5CDAF9C1-FE01-4AC4-BA9A-8A0F07E4111B.jpeg
    5CDAF9C1-FE01-4AC4-BA9A-8A0F07E4111B.jpeg
    382.4 KB · Views: 74
No it wouldn't

Bro. Listen to me.

We just got a new bridge up here. One of the requirements was that it had to withstand a fully loaded container ship collision.

A container ship can hit a few columns and it still wouldn’t matter. There are like 60 dual columns on it.

The new Tappan Zee Bridge btw.

1711469673975.png

I’ve said this many times in the Political Thread, but the infrastructure in this country is absolutely terrible and is a huge national security risk. The bad guys know that if we spent on infrastructure we would create jobs and we would be safer but they refuse to get on board. Just look at any random bridge or overpass in your cities and towns and it doesn’t take a structural engineer to know that we are playing with fire. Not to mention our power grid is very dated and overloaded as well.

Back
Top Bottom