The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

i might be becoming an old cynical piece of **** but i cant stand any character in umbrella academy. victor, klause, ben, no eyes crow ***, five, diego, no longer a virgin gorilla arms.. none of these characters are likable

i might be becoming an old cynical piece of **** but i cant stand any character in umbrella academy. victor, klause, ben, no eyes crow ***, five, diego, no longer a virgin gorilla arms.. none of these characters are likable
I’m only a couple episodes in but this season hasn’t hit at all like the first two. They really had to go and make my guy Ben a dbag too…SMFH…

Hmmm gonna check out Resident Evil. Anyone peep yet?

needed this reminder, thanks! loved the game series since RE1. the movie adaptations been mehhh

just turned off UA and started “You Don’t Know Me.” it’s slow so far but they’re really building this story line from the jump

Anyone watch Black Bird on Apple TV?

Caught the first episode last night and peaked my interest.

Naw ain't buying another streaming service, on the fence with canceling Netflix with these unwarranted price increases.
Really, I hated Allison this season, liked... Damn had to think hard. I liked Diego then they brought in the kid angle and I instantly got pissed. If I had to pick someone, it would be Klause and the dude with the monkey DNA. Son finally gets that cherry popped then chick vanishes. Annoyed with Viktor, just makes some of the DUMBEST decisions. Also really included her personal choice in the show. SMH.

I really kee trying to get into Season3, it I just don’t care for those characters anymore. Interested in checking out BLACKBIRD, I’ll sub APPLE AGAIN for that. Done it for THE MORNING SHOW and it was well worth it.

Can’t get into the new BOYS season either.
I just want a Season2 of the Al Pacino Nazi hunter SAGA, not Boys or Unbrella Season, give me season 2 of that…what Umbrella Academy thinks it is.

needed this reminder, thanks! loved the game series since RE1. the movie adaptations been mehhh

just turned off UA and started “You Don’t Know Me.” it’s slow so far but they’re really building this story line from the jump
just started it yesterday but so far so good. some characters I just want to strangle out of annoyance. stupid kids. so far, the only movie adaptation that I liked the best and stayed true to the story and the game or atleast close to it is Welcome to Raccoon City. my only small criticism was that I was hoping they implemented the classic Leon look rather than the grunge look. the story was pretty solid though.

this new series though looks like taken for the later Resident Evil games. so far, the series is not bad but seeing Charon from the John Wick movies makes me laugh and was hoping that he would say, "he was a good dog. I enjoyed your his company". :rofl:

2 episodes left for Resident Evil

I like it so far, flashback + main story going at the same time. Usually I hate that kinda thing, especially when it spans the whole show/movie but its done well here. No real complaints, just nitpicks if anything. Its not AMAZING, and hasnt really blown me away honestly but its solid and a good watch.

Is this RE supposed to be aimed for a younger audience? Maybe its just cause of the girls but it has a younger audience vibe to me, and RE has never really been that? Maybe thats my only "real" complaint.

2 episodes left for Resident Evil

I like it so far, flashback + main story going at the same time. Usually I hate that kinda thing, especially when it spans the whole show/movie but its done well here. No real complaints, just nitpicks if anything. Its not AMAZING, and hasnt really blown me away honestly but its solid and a good watch.

Is this RE supposed to be aimed for a younger audience? Maybe its just cause of the girls but it has a younger audience vibe to me, and RE has never really been that? Maybe thats my only "real" complaint.
it does seem to target a younger audience. although the kids were annoying as hell.

If they didnt do that one dumb thing in the beginning then there would be no movie you right. :lol:

But that plus the music they use, def younger audience vibe.
sure but they could have executed it better. it's reminiscent to how stupid can you get to spreading a global pandemic much like how Covid spread. the plot somehow is a reminiscent of "28 days later/ 28 week later". pretty much how stupid everything went down.

sure but they could have executed it better. it's reminiscent to how stupid can you get to spreading a global pandemic much like how Covid spread. the plot somehow is a reminiscent of "28 days later/ 28 week later". pretty much how stupid everything went down.

Ive seen 28 days/weeks but forgot how that started.

Ive seen 28 days/weeks but forgot how that started.
days started pretty much the same how that dog got out, but it was those MF animal activists breaking in a lab with a contaminated monkey. weeks started when patient zero was allowed to have a visitor inside a high-level security site with no freakin guards on site, pretty much allowed the visitor to contaminate himself by exposing and kissing patient zero. the movies were good in terms of genre but the plot on how it all started was so dumb.

Just finsihed RE, I thought it was 9 episodes but its 8. Def setup for a 2nd season and I hope they actually green light it. A few unsolved questions.

I was def more interested in the earlier timeline (remember the story is split into 2 timelines, basically a flash back story line and current storyline but it isnt confusing and is well done) than the current timeline, which was a LITTLE messy? A few things were messy overall in the show generally, but not bad.

It is getting KILLED on the reddit forums by the RE nerds though. :lol:

Last edited:
Just finsihed RE, I thought it was 9 episodes but its 8. Def setup for a 2nd season and I hope they actually green light it. A few unsolved questions.

I was def more interested in the earlier timeline (remember the story is split into 2 timelines, basically a flash back story line and current storyline but it isnt confusing and is well done) than the current timeline, which was a LITTLE messy? A few things were messy overall in the show generally, but not bad.

It is getting KILLED on the reddit forums by the RE nerds though. :lol:
2-3 episodes to go. man, I really want to strangle Jade. stupid-butt mutt getting everyone in trouble. she's like the Sansa of this show.

Back
Top Bottom