The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

If you liked End of the F****** World, Dark, The OA, Reqium for a dream, Fight Club, Mr. Robot, Super Dark Times, Stand By Me, & Stranger Things (dark type genres). I'd recommend Donnie Darko (based in the 80's) if you havent seen it. I've suggested this film before I don't know if everyone's seen it, or just it's just been overlooked. Soundtrack & cast are killer. Hard to believe the budget for Darko was only around 4 million. I watch it at least every couple weeks, and it never gets old.
if you like the OA... please leave :rofl:

People recommending DD in 2018 based on current ****?? That's already a cult classic. Granted I had to watch it 3 times and read some explanations before I fully understood it.

So End Of The World is good? I watched that Katt Williams special and I was browsing stuff and saw that and the trailer(LG automatically starts playing it) looked interesting

Shameless 1-7 done, started Peaky Blinders Season 4 last night after football. I dig it so far. stinks the season is so short.

Reactions: Ube
Just finished Atypical. Very cringey, but I couldn’t stop watching. :lol: In for next season.

You ask the same questions when you watch Batman?

It's a movie! It's not real.

You ask the same dumb *** questions when you watch fast and furious? Any action movie, ever?

Characters were casted based on the setting.

If you old like a lot of us then you would know living thru the 80s and 90s (not being born in the late 80s or 90s) but actually grew up in those 2 decades...we were awkward.

yeah they nailed the casting imo especially samurai sword kid ... like if ur going for the jealous dweeb that’s possibly homicidal look that’s the guy

wormwood is fascinating

the dramatization stuff with saarsgard (nice to see him too) is pretty seamlessly integrated w/ the interviews with the son, news footage etc. pretty impressive

makes you wonder if this is the stuff we know about re: cia/govt. abuse of power how heinous the unknown must be

Thought I was the only one who liked that show. Felt the same. Like what is going on... But can't stop watching.
Yeah I had no idea what to expect; the show just popped up after I finished End of the F--king World. :lol:

You ask the same questions when you watch Batman?

It's a movie! It's not real.

You ask the same dumb *** questions when you watch fast and furious? Any action movie, ever?

Characters were casted based on the setting.

If you old like a lot of us then you would know living thru the 80s and 90s (not being born in the late 80s or 90s) but actually grew up in those 2 decades...we were awkward.

You really just compared this normal *** high school kid in a non-action non-superhero movie to ****ing Batman....like that was your one comeback. That Batman wouldn’t have died from a sword right through his stomach being dug straight through him into the ground after getting sliced all over his body and then choked and punched in the face. And then need zero medical attention afterwards either.

Nah buddy...that movie was complete garbage. If you’re a nerd and want to watch other young nerds be awkward as hell on your TV screen in a low budget film then go ahead and watch it. But when I read people on here hyping it up I was going into it thinking it was going to be a good movie. I’d rather just save people’s time by letting them know that **** was trash.

Netflix Pulled In A Shocking Amount Of Year-End Subscribers

Netflix is taking over, even more.

Netflix's Q4 earnings have been revealed and the most popular online T.V. network has surpassed many expectations. The platform that is home to Orginal content such as Orange Is The New Black, Narcos, House of Cards and by far the most popular, Stranger Things, pulled in 8.3 million new subscribers at the end of 2017

Those numbers include almost 2 million of U.S. members, proving that a good chunk of new subscribers are coming from Europe and Latin America. These results pushed Netflix shares up by 9% after Monday's closing at $227.58 per share. “We had a beautiful Q4, completing a great year as internet TV expands globally,” company execs said. Netflix now has 117.6 million customers worldwide.

Bloomberg reports that Netflix will be spending more than $8 billion on programming and will increase its content to have more non-English series, with anime and local language production.

This success for Netflix comes as no surprise since the streaming service made history at the end of the year when they signed on for another instalment of the Will Smith lead film, Bright. The film is the first to ever start a franchise on a streaming platform.

https://www.hotnewhiphop.com/netfli...ord-growth-of-new-subscribers-news.42672.html

Coming

Avail. 2/1/18

3000 Miles to Graceland
42 Grams
Aeon Flux
American Pie
American Pie 2
American Pie Presents: Band Camp
American Pie Presents: The Book of Love
American Pie Presents: The Naked Mile
Ella Enchanted
Extract
GoodFellas
How the Beatles Changed the World
John Mellencamp: Plain Spoken
Kill Bill: Vol. 1
Kill Bill: Vol. 2
Lara Croft: Tomb Raider
Liberated: The New Sexual Revolution
Lovesick
Meet the Fockers
Meet the Parents
Men in Black
National Parks Adventure
Ocean’s Eleven
Ocean’s Thirteen
Ocean’s Twelve
Paint It Black
Scream 3
The Hurt Locker
Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story
Z Nation: Season 4

Avail. 2/2/18

Altered Carbon: Season 1 — NETFLIX ORIGINAL
Cabin Fever
Coach Snoop: Season 1 — NETFLIX ORIGINAL
Kavin Jay: Everybody Calm Down! — NETFLIX ORIGINAL
Luna Petunia: Return to Amazia: Season 1 — NETFLIX ORIGINAL
On Body and Soul — NETFLIX ORIGINAL

Avail. 2/6/18

Fred Armisen: Standup For Drummers — NETFLIX ORIGINAL
Valor: Season 1

Avail. 2/7/18

Imposters: Season 1
Queer Eye: Season 1 — NETFLIX ORIGINAL

Avail. 2/8/18

6 Days
The Emoji Movie

Avail. 2/9/18

Fate/Apocrypha: Part 2 — NETFLIX ORIGINAL
My Next Guest Needs No Introduction With David Letterman: George Clooney— NETFLIX ORIGINAL
Seeing Allred — NETFLIX ORIGINAL
The Ritual — NETFLIX ORIGINAL
The Trader (Sovdagari) — NETFLIX ORIGINAL
When We First Met — NETFLIX ORIGINAL

Avail. 2/14/18

Greenhouse Academy: Season 2 — NETFLIX ORIGINAL
Love Per Square Foot — NETFLIX ORIGINAL

Avail. 2/15/18

Deep Undercover Collection: Collection 2
Re:Mind: Season 1 — NETFLIX ORIGINAL

Avail. 2/16/18

DreamWorks Dragons: Race to the Edge: Season 6 — NETFLIX ORIGINAL
Evan Almighty
Everything Sucks!: Season 1 — NETFLIX ORIGINAL
Irreplaceable You — NETFLIX ORIGINAL
First Team: Juventus: Season 1 — NETFLIX ORIGINAL

Avail. 2/17/18

Blood Money

Avail. 2/18/18

The Joel McHale Show with Joel McHale — NETFLIX ORIGINAL

Avail. 2/19/18

Dismissed
FullMetal Alchemist — NETFLIX ORIGINAL

Avail. 2/20/18

Bates Motel: Season 5
The Frankenstein Chronicles: Season 1 and Season 2 — NETFLIX ORIGINAL

Avail. 2/21/18

Forgotten — NETFLIX ORIGINAL
Lincoln
The Bachelors

Avail. 2/22/18

Atomic Puppet: Season 1

Avail. 2/23/18

Marseille: Season 2 — NETFLIX ORIGINAL
Mute — NETFLIX ORIGINAL
Seven Seconds: Season 1 — NETFLIX ORIGINAL
Ugly Delicious: Season 1 — NETFLIX ORIGINAL

Avail. 2/24/18

Jeepers Creepers 3

Avail. 2/26/18
El Vato: Season 2

Heyday of the Insensitive Bastards
People You May Know
Sin Senos sí Hay Paraíso: Season 2
Winnie

Avail. 2/27/18

Derren Brown: The Push — NETFLIX ORIGINAL
Marlon Wayans: Woke-ish — NETFLIX ORIGINAL

Leaving

Leaving 2/1/18

Brubaker
Corpse Bride
Day Watch
Desk Set
Enquiring Minds
Everyone’s Hero
Hard Candy
How to Steal a Million
King Arthur
Magic City: Season 1-2
Night Watch
Open Season: Scared Silly
Perfect Stranger
Project X
Silver Streak
Stranger by the Lake
The Benchwarmers
The Five Heartbeats
The Fury
The Longest Day
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Tin Man
Top Gear: Series 19-23
Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea

Leaving 2/2/18

A Ballerina’s Tale

Leaving 2/3/18

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning

Leaving 2/5/18

Hannibal Buress: Animal Furnace
Hannibal Buress: Live from Chicago

Leaving 2/10/18

Dragonheart: The Shadowed Claw

Leaving 2/11/18

A Little Bit of Heaven

Leaving 2/12/18

Honeymoon

Leaving 2/14/18

Family Guy: Season 1-8

Leaving 2/15/18

12 Dog Days Till Christmas
A Christmas Kiss II
Before I Go to Sleep
Burn Notice: Season 1-7
Christmas Belle

Leaving 2/16/18

Our Last Tango
Save the Date

Leaving 2/17/18

Freakonomics

Leaving 2/19/18

An Idiot Abroad: Season 1-3

Leaving 2/20/18

Aziz Ansari: Dangerously Delicious

Leaving 2/21/18

Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room

Leaving 2/24/18

Jane Got a Gun

Leaving 2/28/18

American Genius
Brain Games: Season 3-4
Cesar 911: Season 1
I Am Ali
Miami SWAT: Season 1
The Catch: Season 1

https://www.hotnewhiphop.com/heres-whats-coming-and-leaving-netflix-in-february-2018-news.42710.html

You really just compared this normal *** high school kid in a non-action non-superhero movie to ****ing Batman....like that was your one comeback. That Batman wouldn’t have died from a sword right through his stomach being dug straight through him into the ground after getting sliced all over his body and then choked and punched in the face. And then need zero medical attention afterwards either.

Nah buddy...that movie was complete garbage. If you’re a nerd and want to watch other young nerds be awkward as hell on your TV screen in a low budget film then go ahead and watch it. But when I read people on here hyping it up I was going into it thinking it was going to be a good movie. I’d rather just save people’s time by letting them know that **** was trash.

You’re simple. Ain’t no other way to put it.

Don’t watch films or tv series and nitpick the most trivial things.

Like we really gonna sit here and complain that Dewey survived scream?

Or how rebar impaled a driver through the head and missed every vital organ in 911?

They’re movies! It’s not meant to be real.

Avail. 2/19/18

FullMetal Alchemist — NETFLIX ORIGINAL
Batman-Chin-Rub.gif

You’re simple. Ain’t no other way to put it.

Don’t watch films or tv series and nitpick the most trivial things.

Like we really gonna sit here and complain that Dewey survived scream?

Or how rebar impaled a driver through the head and missed every vital organ in 911?

They’re movies! It’s not meant to be real.

I don’t think you understand you’re naming muuuch much different movies/characters than the ones in Super Dark Times.

The movie was garbage to me. You can go ahead and think it was great if you want, you’re entitled to your opinion.

Back
Top Bottom