The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

Rudy been ruined his "career".

Dude has just been another talking pawn cor Trump.
He’s the PersoNal Attorney of the POTUS.
That’s nothing near ruined.
He may be a “talking pawn” but his career is very much flourishing. When he fills out a credit application his Current Job will state that he works with the POTUS, not talking pawn.
His career is ruined in the same way that Tekashi69’s is, it’s not.

Finally just finished White Dragon.
Well done.
Series said a lot about people and the World that we live in.
This one is going to stick with me for a while.
Left me with a heavy heart.
John SIMM was cooking with grease.
I didn’t know who he was.
I’m checking for him now.

He’s the PersoNal Attorney of the POTUS.
That’s nothing near ruined.
He may be a “talking pawn” but his career is very much flourishing. When he fills out a credit application his Current Job will state that he works with the POTUS, not talking pawn.
His career is ruined in the same way that Tekashi69’s is, it’s not.
You're dreaming.

He's literally done nothing worse than what Trump has done or been accused of. He's not going to get any sustainable blowback from this.

You're deluding yourself to think otherwise. People who have said and done the things Rudy has publicly don't get their career ruined by that one scene in a Borat movie. The defense and excuses are already on deck and being sent out.

Maybe you saw a different movie though.

started watching The Queen's Gambit on Netflix
3 episodes in and I'm really enjoying it so far

I said his career would be ruined after this.
You said it’s been ruined.
Now you’re saying a scene from Borat won’t ruin it people won’t care.
You’re all over the place.
His career “has been ruined”, you said that.

Saw Barbarians mentioned in here....
My Father said is was fire.....I think I’ll wait until Britannia wraps before I start that.
Loved The Crown until Queen Elizabeth got old and the Actress changed and I never could get back into it but with the New Season coming and it co wrong the time of Princess Di, I might go ahead and get in Season3.

Started a rewatch on Breaking Bad. I left off on the episode after Tuco kidnaps the duo and it’s crazy after all this time and after having finished the Series, it’s still so good.

I said his career would be ruined after this.
So a meaningless statement?

Exactly what do you mean when you say his career will be ruined?

He won't be able to get another job after this? What exactly will happen?

You said it’s been ruined.
Now you’re saying a scene from Borat won’t ruin it people won’t care.
You’re all over the place.
His career “has been ruined”, you said that.
Since Rudy stopped being the mayor of NYC and ran for president he has ruined his "career".

This scene cant make his career worse than it already is.

What exactly is all over the place? This isn't hard to comprehend. If you read what I actually said; "People who have said and done the things Rudy has publicly don't get their career ruined by that one scene in a Borat movie. "

If you say you broke that mirror by dropping it and I say the mirror was already broken then yes dropping the mirror didn't break the mirror. It was already broken.

You cant break something again that was broken already. You cant ruin a career that was already ruined.

Its not complicated.

Last edited:
Just finished Barbarians. Was good. Something was missing but it had all the right ingredients. Not sure what was missing but it didn’t draw the same emotions out of me that Troy, Gladiator, Spartacus, or 300 did. Of that sort of genre those 4 are my 8/8 rated picks. Probably because of the lead characters and the fighting skill character development. This was a solid 6/8.

Did blumhouse mass produce all these movies at once? I look on Amazon and it looks like they released a bunch of stuff at once.

Barbarians hits WAAAAY better in Germanic, with English subs. I swear, the dubs on Netflix bring some shows down.

Wait what?

You mean like people watch the show with it dubbed speaking in English? Instead of it being in a foreign language and reading the subtitles? lol

Did blumhouse mass produce all these movies at once? I look on Amazon and it looks like they released a bunch of stuff at once.
It's like they didn't stop filming movies despite the shutdown :lol:

Barbarians hits WAAAAY better in Germanic, with English subs. I swear, the dubs on Netflix bring some shows down.
Which is why I never watch those dubbed versions.

I only enjoy dubbed English for martial arts movies.

Wait what?

You mean like people watch the show with it dubbed speaking in English? Instead of it being in a foreign language and reading the subtitles? lol

Apparently. During early quarantine, my girl changed the settings to watch Kingdom. I never got around to changing it back :lol:. Sparked up Barbarians....and was immediately turned off. They find the corniest or worst voice actors or something lol.

These studios are gonna be dragged kicking and screaming to streaming. :rofl:

Preserve the theatrical experience for moviegoers. Not try to save an industry that was on life support well before Covid.

Y’all want me to wear a mask but still buy popcorn and snow caps?:lol:

What?

The movie industry brings in trillions.

Streaming doesn't bring in the same dollars. Not even close. Mulan isn't going to bring in $150 in a weekend from streaming.

What?

The movie industry brings in trillions.

Streaming doesn't bring in the same dollars. Not even close. Mulan isn't going to bring in $150 in a weekend from streaming.
Right, and that’s why the industry is dying and has been for years. It may bring in tons for studios, but it is no longer the destination it was even 5 years ago.

It’ll continue that way if they can force the industry through this pandemic, and risk people’s lives in the process, but I don’t see enough people willing to do it. Times change. Either you evolve or you die. Theaters can’t evolve any more to accommodate a virus that’s passed over the air.

Better to concede now and plan for a business model going forward than to be stubborn and be forced into it by consumers.

Back
Top Bottom