The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

1618242046781.jpeg

Saw this Korean gangster movie last night and it was pretty good.

Korean gangster movies are a dime a dozen but I really enjoyed this one for the main character. Ending was somewhat cliche but overall, worth the watch.

Anyone watch Pennyworth S2? I see the ratings took a dip for this season.

Bout to get Epix again for Godfather of Harlem on Sunday.

Anyone watch Pennyworth S2? I see the ratings took a dip for this season.

Bout to get Epix again for Godfather of Harlem on Sunday.
About to binge it when I get some time. I started some of it.

I can see why it dipped. They got Alfred hell bent on leaving England and he's just raising the money after bad luck and getting robbed, ppl dying, country still in the midst of this civil war/insurrection, etc.

Either have Alfred leave or stay and fight for his country

Has anyone seen “In and Of Itself” ? It’s on Hulu, it’s an actual live show /story telling presented by a magician

My friend recommended it to me... he thought it was fire, thought provoking, deep

To me it was entertaining in moments but overall boring and wanted my time back

Curious where some of y’all land on this one...

Does the whole season get released at once? Or is it week to week? I'm tryna see if I should get a week trial if they let me do it again.

Week by week. Then the last 3 episodes are in August smh. Epix needs those subscriptions lol.

Has anyone seen “In and Of Itself” ? It’s on Hulu, it’s an actual live show /story telling presented by a magician

My friend recommended it to me... he thought it was fire, thought provoking, deep

To me it was entertaining in moments but overall boring and wanted my time back

Curious where some of y’all land on this one...
I was caught up by the emotion watching. The more I thought about it though, the more it reminded me of this dude:

It was entertaining for sure, but I think this is the kind of show either you’re crying after watching, or snickering. I went from light emo to a heavy snicker. I don’t know if I’d recommend it.

I went into it expecting something like Neal Brennan’s Three Mics. If you came away from this disappointed, I’d suggest you give that a look. It’s much more genuine.

“New World”, “I Saw the Devil”, “Memories of Murder”, “Train to Busan” (sequel isn’t as quality as the first), “Burning”, “Minari”, and “Parasite”. Those are jus off the top of my head
Burning is ****ing amazing. Clear an afternoon and just let that movie take you where it goes.

Last edited:
Two Distant Strangers is really good. I see why it got a Oscar nomination. I started to turn it off with the subject matter and the past week.

I thought it started off fine but kind of meandered towards the end. I comprehend the message and appreciate them putting the spotlight on a very real problem in society, but the conclusion was needlessly nihilistic and frankly, kind of offensive. “American History X” tackled the issue of race in America in a much more nuanced and grounded way imo.

That app he had to feed his dog treats was pretty neat tho ngl

I thought it started off fine but kind of meandered towards the end. I comprehend the message and appreciate them putting the spotlight on a very real problem in society, but the conclusion was needlessly nihilistic and frankly, kind of offensive. “American History X” tackled the issue of race in America in a much more nuanced and grounded way imo.

That app he had to feed his dog treats was pretty neat tho ngl

You serious?

Started watching Gotham, I seen it before when it was on TV (few episodes) and liked how it was shot, so decided to give it another shot since nothing on Netflix is really interesting me.

Killed 9 episodes of S1 quick, was wondering how long each season is. Bruh, how the hell is each season (minus the 5th) 22 episodes. They had the crazy budget for this show. :lol:

dude who plays zsasz is great.

Josh looking fit though :wow:

Wonder if he’ll ever show up in an MCU or DC project. I know he was first choice for Batman in Nolan’s trilogy. Then dude passed and went on to do Lucky Number Slevin after that :smh:

Back
Top Bottom