The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

finished 13 reasons...i thought it was ok. nothing spectacular...the acting was pretty bad in some parts

looking to run through dear white people pretty soon...still trying to get into sens8

Looking forward to new season of OITNB. Felt they really improved last season compared to the previous one.

Also looking forward to final season of Bloodline. Last season was real good and that cliffhanger left many questions to clear up, hope they tidy everything together nicely.

where is black mirror? 
nerd.gif

i ran thru that **** so fast 
mean.gif

Just finished Dear White People. That was so necessary. I appreciated how they showed the perspective of black people from different backgrounds, with different p.o.v . The characters were enjoyable as well.

Definitely in my top 10 Netflix series.

watched the first 2 episodes of Master of None, Lovin it so far, nice starter episodes, but they feel like they both should've been released as a prologue to season 2, hoping episode 3 gets it back to what it was

surprised there's not a thread for this show

watched the first 2 episodes of Master of None, Lovin it so far, nice starter episodes, but they feel like they both should've been released as a prologue to season 2, hoping episode 3 gets it back to what it was

surprised there's not a thread for this show

You took the words out of my mouth.
I literally tweeted this morning i just finished the first 2 episodes and MEH. I said the same thing, I hope things pick up in episode 3 now that hes going back to NY.

I wish that was a prologue set up too, if it was released a few months ago as a tease for the real season...

I liked the first episode of S2 Master of None. Nice change of pace. It can't all be about hipster adventures in Williamsburg. Black and White, Italian art house vibe, why not?

Last edited:
Basically finished the first episode of 13 reasons and it's too blah for me, I'll finish at some point this year I'm sure. Took me almost a year to finish Chewing Gum's first season. Ran through the second quick tho.

I liked the first episode of S2 Master of None. Nice change of pace. It can't all be about hipster adventures in Williamsburg. Black and White, Italian art house vibe, why not?

I didn't mind it either and it was a change of pace, but after watching the S1 finale which pretty much hyped him going to Italy, including the promos, which led me to believe most of, if not all of S2 would have him there and then only having him spend 2 episodes there(so far as I'm only on episode 3) The premiere even played like a prologue and I figured this is what to expect from the entire season, new friends, half Italian spoken, and him acclimating to life there

it's kind of a letdown, Of course this is only speculation(again only on episode 3) but it seems like it's going back to hipster adventures in Williamsburg after only 2 episodes. Would've been nice if they set up a nice love triangle with the british chick, she was :pimp:( :lol: they'll probably do that anyways)

Damn, Aziz was at Smorgasburg. I try to go every year, incredible food. I *** with the mofongo (with pork tho) from Mofongo NY. This season will be Mofongo's last season.

Thanksgiving episode was dope (great use of a New Edition song).

Last edited:
Damn, Aziz was at Smorgasburg. I try to go every year, incredible food. I *** with the mofongo (with pork tho) from Mofongo NY. This season will be Mofongo's last season.

Thanksgiving episode was dope (great use of a New Edition song).
I have no idea what you're talking about, but I'd like to.

Uhtred of Bebbanburg?
More like Uhtred of Yambs.

My dude gets all the yambs, all the birds feet, all the hog maws.
I like birds feet, I like hog maws....this dude gets them all though.

Masters of none is awesome.

Haven't started season 2.

When they kept doing flashbacks of his pops and the asiasn dudes pop. Mess had me rollin

His chick was cute in the show. I feel for her :nerd:

I have no idea what you're talking about, but I'd like to.

Smorgasburg is an outdoor food festival that runs from Spring through the Summer in Brooklyn. On Saturday it takes place in Williamsburg and on Sunday's it's in Prospect Park. Basically, independent food vendors set up stands and sell different kinds of food from a variety of cultures. One of my favorite stands is called Mofongo NY. They sell Mofongo which is a Puerto Rican dish made up of fried, mashed up plantains and pork with your choice of sriracha mayo. This year is going to be Mofongo NY's last year at Smorgasburg. I mention the pork because it's an important part of that particular Master Of None episode.

On the show, Dev and his cousin go to the Williamsburg one which is the one that I always go to.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom