The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

Started watching Manifest with the wifey few days ago with the wifey, we dropped it around episode 8. We were interested with the mystery and story at first, but it started to drag for us. Each episode had the same recipe and wasn't progressing with the story much. Dropped it, and picked up Lupin

started watching who killed sara.. im about 6 episodes in. at this point, i dont even care about the plot or what happens to cesar. im just here for the random nudity and borderline uncalled for sex scenes

Bro - y'all ever watched that 2015 movie, Cop Car with Kevin Bacon? I haven't hate watched a movie like that (because of characters) like in quite some time.

1. I thought stealing a cop car at 10 YEAR OLD was one of the most white privilege things I've ever seen
2. Then they somehow surpassed that amount of white privilege by joy riding at 100MPH
3. Then these little mother****ers displayed ULTIMATE white privilege by parking in a field and ****ing around with his assault rifles!!

Call me a bad person but I don't think I ever wanted to see kid get murked in a movie so bad :lol:

Let this movie have starred two 10 year black kids. Joint would have been 5-10 minutes long. They woulda seen that cop car, looked at each other like

and been out of there so fast :lol:

I’m watching that joint Felon. I’m only 20 minutes and never been more confirmed that I’m not about that prison life :lol: Oz too but I maybe can get away with being an Augustus Hill type (I think he survived :lol: )

Interesting you write that…….watch shot caller…..

Interesting you write that…….watch shot caller…..
I saw Shot Caller but kind of forgot about the premise outside of the DUI Involuntary Manslaughter. That man got himself in DEEP.

Do they have any movies like this from a black prisoners perspective? I’d be curious to see similar/dissimilarthe process is and how they move.

Man. I don't know why I feel like prisoners are fighting off being anally raped 23 hours of the day.

I was thinking about that too…Is their like some mental shift when you go to jail that’s like “Welp. I guess like male anal now. Let me go find some bootyholes!”

I was thinking about that too…Is their like some mental shift when you go to jail that’s like “Welp. I guess like male anal now. Let me go find some bootyholes!”

Always think about my guy Andy Duftane and how the Sisters just tortured him for years

Fresh Meat on the Yard!

I saw Shot Caller but kind of forgot about the premise outside of the DUI Involuntary Manslaughter. That man got himself in DEEP.

Do they have any movies like this from a black prisoners perspective? I’d be curious to see similar/dissimilarthe process is and how they move.

Cool thing about shot caller was dude was a square…….then at end hes running things…… he took the soap and ran with it

I ‘m a fan of prison movies, since I saw the classic(for me) blood in and blood out…

Black prisoners perspective, I ‘d watch The Hurricane and the green mile(Jesus like stuff in this, meaning not realistic)
I’m trying to catch “stir crazy” steaming somewhere….Poitier directs!

Shawshank Redemption is a must watch movie…..Morgan freeman narrates and co-stars, I mean come on…if any of you haven’t seen this wake UP

Cool hand luke and escape from alcatraz are great

the fugitive ——not really a prison movie as you could guess from title hes on the run…..but this is a movie I love love to rewatch its amazing!…….US Marshals is the sequel…. snipes stars….plot is blah

Nick cage flicks worth checking out again not really prison but kinda of….the rock and con aIr

TV
Escape at Dannemora based on recent true story directed by Ben stiller….most of this show is prison life, the escape is really just a bit in final ep as I recall…..its mostly story about these guys making in prison working on their plan

Oz (HBO)- many claim this was the most realistic display of prison life to appear anywhere. One of the first R rated TV shows I watched As a teen….think I was 16 when I first Watched this show, late 90s….BLEW MY MIND…..back then nothing like this was available…..many people think of sopranos as the first R rated drama to appear on cable but Oz was few years before sopranos and dont think anything else came out before Oz….

Last edited:
Master Zik Master Zik I'm almost done with season 3 of Person of Interest. Yo this is, by far, the best procedural I've seen. A very good show with a really dope story. Much better than The Mentalist and incomparable to The Blacklist.

Master Zik Master Zik I'm almost done with season 3 of Person of Interest. Yo this is, by far, the best procedural I've seen. A very good show with a really dope story. Much better than The Mentalist and incomparable to The Blacklist.
EXACTLY!!

If only PoI was on a more popular network. Cuz even for a procedural it was GREAT!

The series got me saying Christopher Nolan is the best Nolan.

The story telling, the character development, the plots are just so intricate and smart in the right way where its not too complicated, even the by the numbers action is good. They handle the A.I. gaining sentience and the big brother is watching angle so well.

Just wait til you get to seasons 4 and 5. They do some pretty cool episodes as they head towards the end

Vigilance :wow: That boy Collier 8):smh:
Samaritan:angry:

John 🔥
Harold :pimp: :smokin
Carter :evil:
Root 💣
Shaw 🔥 :evil:
Fusco 👍
The Machine :wow: 🔥 💣:pimp:

Last edited:
EXACTLY!!

If only PoI was on a more popular network. Cuz even for a procedural it was GREAT!

The series got me saying Christopher Nolan is the best Nolan.

The story telling, the character development, the plots are just so intricate and smart in the right way where its not too complicated, even the by the numbers action is good. They handle the A.I. gaining sentience and the big brother is watching angle so well.

Just wait til you get to seasons 4 and 5. They do some pretty cool episodes as they head towards the end

Vigilance :wow: That boy Collier 8):smh:
Samaritan:angry:

John 🔥
Harold :pimp: :smokin
Carter :evil:
Root 💣
Shaw 🔥 :evil:
Fusco 👍
The Machine :sick::smh:

Perfect summation of everything that makes this show great. Including the emojis.
That twist at the end of S3 :wow:

I'd add:
Kara Stanton :evil:

Just finished ep 3 last night and couldn't stop laughing when Big Man kept telling Sweet Tooth "don't do any deer shhh". Enjoying it so far and likely finish it by the weekend.
He’s the most wanted Man in France and the whole Season he just goes anywhere he wants in PUBLIC, completely undetected.

Back
Top Bottom