-----The Official New England Patriots 2018 Season Thread - (14-5) - 6 Time Super Bowl CHAMPS!!!

Agreed.

I liked the Michel pick and think hes gonna be good. But Us forcing it to him every play he’s in is killing us.

so everything y'all are saying is right. it's baffling. my only thoughts:

1) Why White isn't the feature back - they're seeing what they have in Michel while it's still early in the year and games don't mean as much (even tho when the Dolphins are 3-0, games in Sept matter too). Also, they're keeping White as fresh as possible. They NEED to get to January with multiple healthy backs, and that'll include both Michel and White

2) As far as who this team is and what's going on - the offense will be OK. Between Brady and Josh, Edelman coming back, Gordon getting into the mix, they will be OK. The offense has the experience, talent, and coaching to do well. The defense absolutely horrifies me right now. There's just no talent. They lack speed, skill, and overall intensity. It really doesn't seem like it's going to magically fix itself. Just like last year, they're going to get exposed and be a major weakness all year.

that game was god awful. GOD awful. i didn't think they could do that two weeks in a row, but here we are. i don't know why we ran the ball so much. way too many back to back runs. way too many runs on 2nd and 3rd and shorts which are just predictable. we don't have a power back or an OL that has a power run style of play. can't keep doing that.and then defense, my god. they had NOTHING. nothing at all. way too many yards given up on first down which led to easy 2nd or 3rd down conversions. like i said, that's not really going to change.

big game next week. not a must win but we gotta have it. can't come out like this.

Jesus, I’m just glad that game is over. May have been worse to watch than the chiefs game in 2014. We got majorly outplayed by the chiefs, but I atleast saw some effort.

Offense is just so frustrating.
The fascination with Michel is costing us major points. Hes shown flashes and I’m not blaming him, but it seems if he’s in the game, it’s a 75% he’s getting it.
Brady was meh. I can’t really fault him since the receivers are so terrible. Gronk is getting doubled/tripled and not 1 receiver can beat a single coverage. Hogan is so disappointing.
I think Ive said it in here before, but James White is our best offensive player right now. He’s so damn good.

Defense is so bad.
Are problem in the super bowl was our defense and was we were too big and slow. So genius bill decides to even get bigger and slower lol. The problem with that now is we can’t even stop the run anymore. It’s almost a 5 yard run every first down. Shelton and brown are really struggling.
I love Hightower but god he looks so slow and washed. Hoping it’s just rust.
I loved the emotion and game from wise tho. Him, Bentley, and slightly Gilmore were the only ones to show up.

And finally, the coaching staff. My dislike of them is growing by the day. I’ll always appreciate bill but his arrogance is getting old. I think Tom curren tweeted something along these lines. We had so many holes on defense and a wr core of Edelman, hogan, Dorsett, and cpatt at the time. And the staff is taking up time during draft week to trade gronk who is on a great contract. It’s time for the staff to look in the mirror and realize this is on them and needs to be fixed quick.

Next week is almost a must win. Gordon better be active or it could be another long week.

Last edited:
We had so many holes on defense and a wr core of Edelman, hogan, Dorsett, and cpatt at the time. And the staff is taking up time during draft week to trade gronk who is on a great contract.

****ING BINGO

you can't fix 10 medium holes up by creating one more MASSIVE hole in the roster

i think Sony will be a fine player, but was that the best move for the team in the first round? probably not.

Brandin Cooks is EATING out in LA. talented player, good dude that stays out of trouble, and totally bought in to the team...but nah let him walk so we can give Kenny Britt and the slew of other garbage *** WRs a shot at making the team.

Malcolm Butler might have issues with straight line speed, but the dude can press and cover a lot of the WRs that are making us look stupid.

How do other teams pay their QBs $100M, pay their RBs $85M, defensive studs $50-$60M, but we can't pay half that to keep dudes in town? Oh right, the GM is weird when it comes to vendettas and paying folks. It has to change. It worked back when QBs topped out at $80M and you had the one guy willing to just play for whatever, but all that is changing now. Need to open up the wallet. The lack of talent and athleticism, especially on defense, is glaring

Brandin Cooks is EATING out in LA. talented player, good dude that stays out of trouble, and totally bought in to the team...but nah let him walk so we can give Kenny Britt and the slew of other garbage *** WRs a shot at making the team.

Yeah this one is still baffling. They better hope Jules is 100% and Gordon is as impactful as we all expect. Then the offense will be fine. Burkhead's injury woes are a little concerning. Left with a neck injury last night.

The defense is simply awful. I really can't think of another season where all three facets of the defense were just flat out bad. 2009?

I agree completely. We have no cap space and the talent is not there.

Something that bill has done lately I think has a lot to do with that. He never wants to extend players early. He’s on the “let the players test the market” and return to us to match. It’s a reason why McCourtys contract looks so awful, and we’ve lost players because the markets overpaid them. The report with solder was we never even offered him a contract and he then got an offer we couldn’t afford.

We finally did it this year with mason and the contract looks good for the future. There’s no doubt in my mind if we offered cooks a contract for 13-14 a year when we first traded for him, he would have taken it. Instead we wait and the market dictated a major increase in WRs salary.

You can’t pay everyone but we’ve been letting so much talent walk away in the last 3-4 years.

if we start 1-3, i think it might be over for the division. dolphins will be 4-0, making up 3.5 games on any team is REALLY hard

Kmx4.gif

It was a big win imo. Else it would have been 4-0 vs 1-3, 3.5 game lead with 12 to play. No way we take the east with those numbers.

Welcome back Jules.

yeah im with you guys. despite the opponent, there is reason to be excited. it's a team we SHOULD blow out and we did, so that's good, obviously. i think the defense was great. i hope they can keep building because the dolphin offense was run poorly IMO. i wouldn't consider them a real test. regardless, they played great today.

the offense was still a bit off IMO. i know they got it cranking, but early on, the play-calling is just ridiculous. i know the Phins are thin up front and so we wanted to "pound the rock"...but running on 2nd and 10 or on 3rd and short out of a power formation is just dumb. it's not us. luckily, as the game wore on, Sony and James really got it cranking. awesome to see.

Gordon and Dorsett today :pimp:

Brady looks fine overall, but a few of these throws off his back foot...stop that ****, man! :lol:

Jules byke :pimp:

hopefully Gronk's ankle isn't too bad

Back
Top Bottom