The Official NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS OFFSEASON Thread

no matter what you want to call it we were fortunate to see a sb in the 90's. the last decade or so we have been dominant but there always comes a time where you will not compete like you want. thats why you have to take your opportunities now.

Hoyer is a decent backup but i dont see him being resigned.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

yeah we still need an elite level pass rusher. even carter wasn't consistent enough when he was out there. anderson is and should be a backup. shaun ellis a complete waste of space. DE, OLB, CB, S...we need it all
30t6p3b.gif
132849873382.gif

that gif hurts but makes me laugh at the same time...what a letdown
laugh.gif

as far as hoyer, i don't see how you don't keep him. unless there's a plan to bring in a back up, but i would feel terrible going into the year with mallet as the backup at this point. i still think mallet is trade bait.

We probably need to keep hoyer i just dont know if we will. He honestly can throw the ball and is not afraid to. Truth be spoken he's probably better than matt cassel and i know at this point that is not saying much. Mallet may be trade bait pending on his pre-season. 

I heard some rumblings that the Pats will look to draft a couple WRs to try to find that threat. Two TEs in 2010. Two RBs in 2011 now two WRs in 2012. Wouldn't be shocked if they went that why first.

they've been terrible with drafting pure WRs...hopefully with josh back (ex-WR coach)...we can hit on something. just USE the picks this year, please...stop trading for once
laugh.gif

i was thinking the same thing with WR situation

Brady seems to always try to throw 40-50 yard passes and they aways get INT... ALWAYS!
dude hasn't been accurate with those passes since the 07 season (and we know why
tired.gif
)

on defense... man you guys said it already we need we need a mix of vets in there
and mccourty gotta get back to his rookie year playing level, dud was getting torched all year

oh and the one of the worse things about living in NJ after the giants SB win...
there $%++@*# giving chase blackburn the keys to my city
30t6p3b.gif
x10000000000000

The picks having a set price might help with that. Bill doesn't want to over pay for picks but these players are on a pay scale so that might work. So see if makes a move for Jeffery, Wright or Floyd

i guess we can just convert this one to the 2013 offseason thread.

interesting draft so far through 3 rounds. i think it was a more "patriots" type of draft than last year. we traded back, took some players not considered BPA at the position, and threw in a guy that made everyone go, "who the hell??". i'd give us a B...as we addressed most of our major needs. just not with some of the bigger names. also might have reached a bit on a couple of them. but overall, pretty good. that trade to pick up 4 additional picks was, and still is, a great move imo.

jamie collins: i like the player from what i read and saw from him, but i don't like where we took him. an athletic and versatile LB is great and definitely a need, but there were bigger needs. we did address those needs with the next three picks, but could we have got more talent. again, we'll see what happens. but this guy can play a bunch of positions and most importantly, cover TEs and RBs in the receiving game. much needed for us.

aaron dobson: like this pick a lot. big kid with sure hands. the big knocks are small hands and didn't run a big variety of routes. the limited route tree could be more a product of Marshall's offense rather than his ability, but we'll find out. low wonderlic score but solid football IQ from what i hear.

logan ryan: he played on an excellent defense and was productive on that defense. he's not a speed demon, but fast enough i think. big thing is he can actually tackle, which is nice.

duron harmon: so this was a big reach imo. could have gotten this guy later. that said, it's clear bill loves that rutgers defensive system, from the way their coached to the way they play. something has to be said about the chemistry that will already be there with him and ryan. and then there has to be a level of familiarity with mccourty which should help as well, with mccourty helping them see what they need to see and understand our system, as well as just playing alongside of him. we took a tavon wilson earlier than most thought appropriate last year, and he's worked out fairly well. was pretty productive for a rookie. hopefully harmon is similar.

some quotes from belichick post the third round tonight:

on collins' versatility:
It’s similar but I would say different than [Dont’a] Hightower but there’s some similarities. Dont’a did that as well – played inside, played outside, played defensive end in their nickel package at Alabama last year. Jamie [Collins] did that more by season than Dont’a did. He was more within the game he would do those different things.

on dobson....
He’s big, he’s fast, he’s got good hands, he’s a strong player; smart, very smart. He has some position flexibility and versatility. Catches the ball very well.
You talk to him about what he did. He can explain the techniques, his assignments, what other guys are doing at Marshall. We’d look at things that we did, then come back and talk about them. He remembered how we did them, how we call them, things like that. He’s a pretty intelligent guy. He has good recall of what [Marshall] did. He had a good understanding and grasp of learning, taking new information, processing that and being able to understand it and apply it. Tell him something and then see a play a few plays later and say, ‘What would you do on this play if they did this, they did that’? There’s different ways to measure all that, but he’s a pretty impressive kid. He’s a mature kid. He’s pretty smart.

on the rutgers twins...
And of course the two Rutgers DBs – that was a very good defensive unit that they had last year, over the past few years actually, but especially last year. Of course Logan [Ryan] had a very productive year outside and Duron [Harmon] inside. I know that whole group, but especially those guys, are close. They communicated well, played well.

got some more picks tomorrow...would like to see them address OL. i know they'll grab a DL as well.

yea Rutgers secondary was SOLID....i'm not mad at all.....hopefully they both come in and make the team so we'll have some young talent 

love the aaron dobson , jamie collins , logan ryan and josh boyce pick

i give us a C+ , draft nights are usually bittersweet for us patriot fans lmao

Back
Top Bottom