--- THE OFFICIAL NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS THREAD --- OFFSEASON THREAD

What Are You Concerned About Heading Into This Season???

• Brady turning 40

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Safety

• Gostkowski

• Total voters
Callers were wanting a deal for Cole Beasley though.

I heard callers asking for Jarvis Landry :lol:

Only a matter of time before Dola goes down with another injury.

We should play Gronk every other week. Literally. Manage that dude like the Cavs do LeBron.

upload_2017-9-21_13-15-45.png

Watching Watson escape from approximately 7 defenders who should've sacked him gave me some bad flashbacks to a certain game that must not be named.

man woke up still feeling great about that win, at least with what i saw from the offense.

gronk looked great. the only thing we're missing from him is those vertical seam routes. i'm wondering if they're protecting him from those defenseless hits from safeties. cooks with his coming out day which was awesome to see. so glad he got the winner too with that amazing toe tap. dola coming through with some big first downs. hogan doing his thing. and then of course brady who is just unreal. that final drive he had defenders ON HIM as he made those throws to dola and cooks.

this defense has me worried for sure, but for now, let's give watson his props. the kid looked great. tough to catch and take down which was DEFINITELY frustrating. but he made some great throws. but we really need to lock down on the bigger plays...still giving up too many big plays.

and lastly, **** matt light. **** those fans that were booing. what a disgrace and it's ****ing embarrassing to have people like that associated with this team.

this defense has me worried for sure, but for now, let's give watson his props. the kid looked great. tough to catch and take down which was DEFINITELY frustrating. but he made some great throws. but we really need to lock down on the bigger plays...still giving up too many big plays.

This. Watson was making some great throws and showed incredible elusiveness and ability to escape sacks and pressure. I think we would have gotten a few sacks and stops on most other QBs that aren't that slippery. The defense was able to make a few plays here and there; most notable was their last possession by not allowing Houston to get that last 1st down, which put Brady in a position to win the game.

I know it makes most people sick to see Brady show out like that, but dude just keeps ballin :pimp:

not let downs today. defense needs to take another step forward (Hightower byke, i believe). offense needs to continue rolling. josh needs to keep it simple...no cute BS. do what we do. spread it out and let Thomas cut them apart.

DLEA45wVYAUfICE.jpg

David Harris inactive. looks like a failed offseason acquisition. at least to this point. also like they want more speed out there with C-Mac in the Panther backfield

So this defense is playing historically bad right now. The thing is, it seems like the issues they're having can be fixed. I'm seeing miscommunication, especially with Gilmore and/or McCourty. This secondary was the one part of the defense I thought we wouldn't have to worry about, but now it's the reason why we're losing games. The question is, do you think this group can get it turned around in time and not spiral too far out of control?

If this defense was at least average, we could be 3-1. Brady has done his best to keep us in games and to bring us back, but he can't do it all.

the scary thing is two different guys on the defense said the defense is already as simple as it can be. and they're still ****ing up reads and assignments. that's concerning. but there is talent in the secondary. they'll figure it out. i know they will.

The defensive talent is there, they just need to learn how to play with each other. I also think Butler is playing unmotivated since he didnt get the monster off season deal.

Back
Top Bottom