THE OFFICIAL NIKE GOLF THREAD VOL "WINNING FIXES EVERYTHING."

How is the mesh with dirt and such? The whites that CatchnTDs got are beautiful but the Lunar Ascend's mesh always worried me. I'm lookin at IDing mesh TW14s and ill bet it handles dirt the same as the Lunar Ascends.

Its not bad actually, I've never cleaned them and they don't look that dirty. With the upper being hyperfuse on the Ascends it will probably wipe clean, or at least wash up nicely in the washing machine.

I bought the tw13 from golfsmith for 85 after my groupon. I usually wear a 9 but had to get a 10. I got black, wasn't really feeling the white

How does the Lunar Control 2013 fit compare to the first Lunar Control model? I realized after trying on the 2013 model that I would pick up a pair, but there aren't any price drops on it yet. Is the fit the same for the other Control models>

Thanks Mizatt. Feel a little safer about IDing a mesh TW14. The mesh definitely doesn't feel like normal soft mesh that gets dirty easily so hopefully I'll be okay.

Tried on the lunar controls at the Carolina outlet in white for $99. They felt good but I prefer black or I might have gotten them. Could use new shoes.

Right off 95 about halfway through Carolina. Had the same deal in Charleston SC outlet as well.

Well last year the 13 MSRP was $220 on the box and everything, but ended up being $180 everywhere to my knowledge.

I was thinking the same thing would happen this year but if not then SMH at Nike. I seriously can't drop $235 for some golf shoes man. It's not in my blood. For that there's no reason for me to get the retail versions.
i saw that they changed the pre order price to 180

i agree, im not getting the retail versions, i actually traded in my 13s for store credit, but im actually thinking of just selling that gift card and use towards some black cement tw14 ids

Apparently so, he's been wearing the TW 2012 all season long and now these...

I've played 5 rounds in my TW13s (size 12 Wide). All I can say is that these are exactly perfect for me. Great cushioning, stability, traction, everything. Seriously, these shoes make me want to walk every round.

That being said, I've already got my TW14 id's planned. Can't wait for June 7th!

Keegan Bradley with Jordan? Interesting. That's a great pair of hybrids up there. (although personally I would've chosen a different upper)

Last edited:
I'm trying to talk myself out of buying IDs
Let me help.......... Don't do it bro!!!!! I'm so good with my tw13's in wide I'm not messing with the 14's at all. I'll just cop the black 13's in wide and be done for a while.

Alright. I finally made the decision. I'm gonna get a pair of the 2013 Lunar Saddles. Due to the bipolar weather here in new england, I usually catch the mist on a whole round. Better to be safe than sorry out there. Wish I could go with the Lunar Ascends, but I find myself playing in mud sometimes. Lunar Control would be beast, but I can't find a good deal on wide sizes.

Hopefully the Lunar Saddles will last me for a while.

Thread's been quiet for a bit. Gotta question 4 everybody..............What's in your bag? What r u playing with as of now.

Vr-s irons, vr-s driver, vr-s covert 3 and 5 wood, Scotty Cameron studio putter, TW/Nike 56 and 60 degree wedges... Thinking about upgrading to the vr wedges this year though, those TW ones came out in 06 or 07 I think.

Back
Top Bottom