THE OFFICIAL NIKE GOLF THREAD VOL "WINNING FIXES EVERYTHING."

Discussion in 'Nike' started by crazy ebw, Mar 28, 2013.

1. crazy ebw

crazy ebw

There needs to be a thread dedicated to the Golfers of NT who love to represent the swoosh on the course. IMO Nike makes the best golf apparel in the game and continues to get better each in every year in the footwear category.

Obviously signing Rory was HUGE for the brand. Having 2 of the top 5 names in Golf is perfect.

Feel free to post new stuff, deals you've found, questions, etc all pertaining to NIKE GOLF related items.

Here's some Tiger Woods gear for later this year (credit to osubass1 for sharing this with us!)

TW14 (Improved Nike Free tech along with dynamic flywire integrated into the shoe this year)

Tiger's gear for the MASTERS

Thursday:
    TW Jacquard polo - Squadron Blue

Friday:
    TW Modern Color Block polo - white/dandelion

Saturday:
    TW Ultra polo 2.0 - Squadron Blue

Sunday:
    TW Emboss polo - Hyper Red

Lets get it. 8)

osubass1 likes this.
  2. crazy ebw

crazy ebw

Right now, the two flagship golf shoes are the TW13 and the Lunar Control was updated for this year:

There's a Masters special editon colorway as well that's available now:

LUNAR CONTROL:

3. speedie562

speedie562

Thanks for starting this thread CrazyEBW....I always wondered why there wasnt one started on NT, especially with the quality golf gear Nike puts out.

4. crazy ebw

crazy ebw

Exactly! Nike gets knocked for a lot of stuff, but the quality on golf gear is TOP NOTCH.

Here's the newest Tiger ad also incase anyone missed it:

It inspired the title but it all wouldn't fit. :lol

If anyone was curious as to how the TW13 performs btw, they're amazing iMO. I'm a big free guy myself so the fact that I finally own them was good enough for me, but actually playing in them they were great. They do tend to run a tad bit small so if possible try your regular size and a .5 size up if possible!

I wear a 13 so I had no choice. :{

5. crazy ebw

crazy ebw

No love for the golf :(

6. gatorb807

gatorb807

Thanks for starting the thread.

Hope Nike releases a red white blue US Open inspired TW 13s

Waiting for an outdoor demo day to hit the Covert

7. beansietime

beansietime

excellent thread idea. Have any of you played in the Dunk NG golf shoe? I've been wanting a pair for a couple years but haven't bit the bullet.

8. crazy ebw

crazy ebw

From what I've read on other sites it seems as if we may get a special CW for every major this year which would be amazing.

I've never played in them but when trying them on I could tell I wouldn't like them very much. They seem kinda clunky with the fit because after all it is a dunk. Id still like to have a pair off of pure nostalgia. :lol

Another shoe I enjoyed was the Lunar Ascend. I generally don't like shoes without replaceable spikes but these are great for the summer in dry conditions where you want something light and cool.

I'm still kicking myself for not getting the black/cyber Lunar Control 1 for $45 at the outlet when I had the chance. :(

9. crazy ebw

crazy ebw

Heres some more info on Nike Golf shoes people may not really know about...

Lunar Swingtip
    These are made to be a lifestyle shoe that can be worn on and off the course. Very similar to the Ecco brand shoes...they're dope in person and are very comfortable. I was thinking about getting a pair JUST for casual wear.

Lunar Bandon
    This was recently updated with Lunar. It's basically a shoe made to get dirty and to play in nasty, wet, and muddy conditions. The CW is DOPE imo.

10. beansietime

beansietime

I'm going to hit the local outlet tomorrow and see if I can't get a new pair of golf shoes. What do you guys recommend for pairs from last yet that might be in outlets now?

11. crazy ebw

crazy ebw

Depending on your location, selection is generally going to be smaller in golf.

Most only get 1-2 unless they're a BIG golf destination.

Lunar control and lunar ascend are great choices from last year.

12. crazy ebw

crazy ebw

Played in my TW13s again last night and I can definitely say these are some of my favorite shoes ever made. Not just golf. The black pair must be had.

13. osubass1

osubass1

i got to wear the TW14 a couple days ago, and i gotta say i didn't care for them as much as the 13.

i know there were lots of complaints about breathability on the 13, but the vents on the top of the 14's look a bit strange to me.

there is some definite improvement in the heel area, which is one of the things Tiger complained about most. he ended up with some custom orthotics in his that made a big difference in heel slippage. some of that has been translated to the retail version of the TW14.

flywire is great, of course. i'm a fan of the function as well as the aesthetics of it.

thanks for starting this thread. hopefully we can get some good participation.

14. crazy ebw

crazy ebw

Did you not care for them as much because of how they looked or because of how they actually felt?

What other kind of info about Tiger and what he likes/doesn't like about his stuff do you know? That tidbit about the heel is interesting.

15. osubass1

osubass1

yeah, mostly the look. they felt fine, but i doubt i'll be buying them.

i believe the release date was moved up to June or July, if i heard correctly.

i know Tiger's a very particular guy when it comes to his equipment. he rarely puts the newest offerings in his bag, but i can tell you he tests EVERYTHING. and not just Nike stuff, either. you'll see him from time to time testing his playing partner's stuff. if he likes a certain look or feel, he'll have the guys at The Oven check it out.

some of the stories around him rejecting equipment they've made for him are legendary.

16. crazy ebw

crazy ebw

Nice, I would read a 500 page book on something like that. So interesting to me. I can't even imagine the stuff at the oven that they've cooked up.

Anybody heard anything about another special CW of the TW13?

17. crazy ebw

crazy ebw

18. speedie562

speedie562

19. crazy ebw

crazy ebw

Good looks. I gotta find out where these will be available.

20. baydestrian408

baydestrian408

Finally completed my Nike bag! Going out to the course tomorrow. Those Kostons look :smokin