THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

Probably because it was more about the shoes & not Kobe.
No, it more about filling you obligations on your contract that he sign. Imagine you signed a contract with someone to a job to use your product and they used your competitors. Fans and the public will take notice, and look at what your wearing.

Cause adidas shoes suck for basketball
I wouldn't say all that, Adiidaas basketball from the Harden Vol 1. and dame are selling and people where them just like any popular sneaker. They aren't big baller brand. Adiddas been doing basketball sneakers for a long time for them not to suck.

Will probably get more money than he got from Adidas after the impressive games he had while Kyrie was out. Especially if Smart leaves.

He would gotten more money, and maybe a signature line if he kept up with obligations.

this is all baffling to me to be honest, why lose money by being this hardheaded.

He would gotten more money, and maybe a signature line if he kept up with obligations.

this is all baffling to me to be honest, why lose money by being this hardheaded.

Not sure where you get this from. Not being a number 16 draft pick.

He would get more money after having proven himself in a league than a rookie sneaker contract unless he's Ben Simmons.

Not sure where you get this from. Not being a number 16 draft pick.

He would get more money after having proven himself in a league than a rookie sneaker contract unless he's Ben Simmons.

I'm just assuming but logically when a contract ends i'm sure Adidas would want to keep him as a player and renew the contract for more money and could have negotiated fro more, Either way he didn't fill up to his contract obligations and lost $300,000.

only thing he should have proven as a business partner to Adidas is wear the shoes. plain and simple.

No, it more about filling you obligations on your contract that he sign. Imagine you signed a contract with someone to a job to use your product and they used your competitors. Fans and the public will take notice, and look at what your wearing.

I wouldn't say all that, Adiidaas basketball from the Harden Vol 1. and dame are selling and people where them just like any popular sneaker. They aren't big baller brand. Adiddas been doing basketball sneakers for a long time for them not to suck.

I tried on the hardens and they felt terrible. I actually wanted to like them but nope, back to my trustworthy Kobe’s.

I tried on the hardens and they felt terrible. I actually wanted to like them but nope, back to my trustworthy Kobe’s.

i like to diversify my sneaker portfolio, so im open to many types of sneakers as long they look to me and i can get good enough price on them. i'm cool. will try out the haden vol.1 and see. i do see people at my local 24 fitness where hardens though, but alot of people defiinatley wear kobes

I love Kobes and have worn them (every model from the 5-11) more than any other basketball shoe since the 5's BUT...

Sorry to say the AD's (low and mid) are mediocre, and nowhere near as good as the Harden 1, Dame 3, hell even the rose 7 and 8.

Still like hooping in my Kobe 11 elite, and would definitely ball in 5s, 6's, and 10's again.

And one more thing, the 9's were overrated. Cushion sucked. Fight me.

With that said, I am excited for these Protros or whatever, would love to go back to hooping in Kobes more.

The regular Hardens were trash for me when I tried to play in them. I had the first Pioneer colorway that came out. The way the toecap is it digs right into the top of your foot. And the fit of the shoe was terrible and made them feel clunky as hell and heavy.

Those Harden LS’s on the other hand I tried on like a month ago and they were waaay lighter, you could actually moreso feel the boost in them and they were just a completely better shoe overall. Just tried them on in stores though so idk what they feel like to play in.

nike-kobe-1-protro-retro-black-yellow-2.jpg

https://news.nike.com/news/nike-zoom-kobe-1-protro

Another Feb release

Feb 17th

Last edited:
I'm glad Nike is doing this. I always wanted JB to do it instead of just turning retroes to lifestyle kicks.

"Another push was to improve the shoe’s cushioning. Nike Zoom Air has come a long way in the last 13 years and the team was able to use those advances to add a better system for performance athletes, specifically in the form of a Zoom bag setup with a rocker and ride that is smoother than the original. They were also able to improve the ride by eliminating foam and decreasing the size of the carbon fiber shank to create a more engineered feel."

I was right!!!

damm feburary is looking like AUGUST right now, heat dropping everywhere!!!

I was literally minutes from dropping $450 for Jordan 3 Dunk Contests...

Nevermind.

Gotta keep a reserve for two pairs of these.

I was literally minutes from dropping $450 for Jordan 3 Dunk Contests...

Nevermind.

Gotta keep a reserve for two pairs of these.

You buggin, you can't wait for release date and get them for msrp. Cause I already got my plug setup for those.

Already have rule of thumb never over pay for any shoe, no matter what.

$175 isn't a bad pay to play entry for those. Will wait for initial reviews than proceed.

I remember wanting these moves back in high school just wasn't play basketball at the level I'm doing it right now. Oh yeah these are getting worn...without a doubt.

Um...these look exactly the damn same as the original 1’s. Where is this updated technology they speak of? Those shoes would be cool to get for nostalgia purposes but they were clunky as hell back when I had them then and probably still will be now.

Give us some 4-6’s and the 8’s and 9’s if you wanna give us actual performance sneakers.

Um...these look exactly the damn same as the original 1’s. Where is this updated technology they speak of? Those shoes would be cool to get for nostalgia purposes but they were clunky as hell back when I had them then and probably still will be now.

Give us some 4-6’s and the 8’s and 9’s if you wanna give us actual performance sneakers.

Did you bother to read the whole blog post?

"This updated version of the Zoom Kobe 1 carries the same aesthetic but has been upgraded with 2018 technology. The result is the translation of the shoe Bryant famously scored 81 points in on January 22, 2006, to the performance needs of today. Nike Basketball footwear product director Tony Grosso and his team focused on reducing weight and evolving production to eliminate pieces of the original Zoom Kobe I that were no longer needed."

>D:stoneface: :smh:

Did you bother to read the whole blog post?

"This updated version of the Zoom Kobe 1 carries the same aesthetic but has been upgraded with 2018 technology. The result is the translation of the shoe Bryant famously scored 81 points in on January 22, 2006, to the performance needs of today. Nike Basketball footwear product director Tony Grosso and his team focused on reducing weight and evolving production to eliminate pieces of the original Zoom Kobe I that were no longer needed."

>D:stoneface: :smh:

I read it. It sounds and looks like it’s going to be the exact same shoe...just lighter :lol:

Watch them be $250 just for being a couple ounces lighter

Back
Top Bottom