THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

Seen the 360 yesterday at Nike SM and the black one is mehhh in person to me. Definitely glad I passed on them

Seen the 360 yesterday at Nike SM and the black one is mehhh in person to me. Definitely glad I passed on them

Agreed. Only thing I like is the swoosh. The other thing that kills these for me is the ugly colored clear sole. This pair would be fire with a black sole or even a solid dark grey sole. Nike just gets lazy with the cheap looking clear sole. And I don't care about the snake pattern on the bottom. It's a gimmick.

I don’t have them in hand yet, but I could def see myself not keeping these and buying a better colorway later on. I really like the look of this shoe, and this colorway isn’t anything special to me. I’m glad I can make that decision though instead of not having them and being forced to get a different colorway.

I don’t have them in hand yet, but I could def see myself not keeping these and buying a better colorway later on. I really like the look of this shoe, and this colorway isn’t anything special to me. I’m glad I can make that decision though instead of not having them and being forced to get a different colorway.
Yeah it is a nice option to have. I actually like the black pair but am worried about the fit. The sewn on swoosh is nice and I doubt all of the models will have that.

Peep the 8:37 mark. That kinda gives me some worries about the performance if the outosle can bend across from left the right......
It being able to bend from front to back is not that shocking because the outsole material dips down right underneath the Swoosh. But it being able to bend across right down the middle of the shoe?? :wow:

Looks like I need to go half a size down for these. smh

I wonder if they'll even be able to do solid outsole given how the current model bends. Aren't solid outsoles and translucent outsoles different materials? If so, wouldn't that mean the builds for the solid outsoles be different if it can't bend like that? I can't imagine any of my current shoes with solid outsoles bending like the current Kobe360

Outsoles aren't typically that rigid. If you could remove the midsole from any shoe (which is essentially what they did in the video by removing the insole), they would likely do the same thing.

What size did you get compared to your other sneakers?
I personally went TTS. I don't find that they really ran that long at all. Could I have went down a half a size? Yeah I guess I could have but I never would have even thought about it until I heard others say that they run long...Imo they don't run that long.

Shoes came today and I wanted to give my input on a few things. The shoes are very low to ground and the materials are pretty thin. Very minimal, might take some time to get use to. Haven’t played in them yet but they are very comfortable, I have a wider foot and they fit true to size with little to no dead space. Just from moving in them around the house the containment seems to be a non issue. Inside of the midsole is grippy and I’m not sliding around in the shoe at all. If traction is good and the materials hold up I can see these being very good.

inside midsole being grippy is it the same as the kobe 9s where once you put the shoe on, your foot and socks are stuck to the insole?

Hibbert Sports has a real time countdown tracker til the 4/30/18 release of the Lakers Home colorway

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180416-165104_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20180416-165104_Chrome.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 30
Random question, but how would yall rate the Kobe 6, 8, and 11 in terms of comfort and performance?

For me, the 6 is the most comfortable, I’ve put in some serious work in those and never had an issue. The 8s were probably the least comfortable to me, not uncomfortable per se, but kind of minimal, no zoom and they hug my achilles and cause discomfort there. The 11s were better than the 8s, but I often got discomfort on the toes from it rubbing against the knit, also, kind of minimal. The 10s and the 6s are the most comfortable Kobes I’ve worn. The 10s are often overlooked but have a lot of cushion and support and are great to wear.

For me, the 6 is the most comfortable, I’ve put in some serious work in those and never had an issue. The 8s were probably the least comfortable to me, not uncomfortable per se, but kind of minimal, no zoom and they hug my achilles and cause discomfort there. The 11s were better than the 8s, but I often got discomfort on the toes from it rubbing against the knit, also, kind of minimal. The 10s and the 6s are the most comfortable Kobes I’ve worn. The 10s are often overlooked but have a lot of cushion and support and are great to wear.

Pretty solid review. The lunar in the 8s wore flat in like a month. And yeah i had achilles pain as well. The 6s with herringbone would be the best shoe ive ever played in.

Back
Top Bottom