THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

Whoever is making decisions for the Kobe line is an idiot.

Just give us the protro 8’s with full length zoom or FLZ and react.

I’m not buying anymore Nikes that just have foam in the forefoot and useless heel zoom or this bogus all foam drop in garbage!

Loved my Jordan 33 to hoop in. Really excited for these. Given the Kobe lines tendency to be on the lighter and sleeker side, I could see them shaving off some of the weight that was present with the Jordan 33 and these being even more amazing. Hope there are some solid colorways in store. Not sold on the black colorway. Based on the tech info stated (while not officially from Nike) id prefer zoom but we’ll how these feel.

JS”

Black pair looks way better. I'm a fan, but will wait to see if they come out with a low-top version. I don't really like hooping in high tops.

These are like an upgraded version of the Kobe NXT 360s - a sneaker that is a favorite of mine :nthat:
The outsole looks the same as the 360 and people were complaining about the nubs fraying off too quick on the 360 outsole. Wonder if they upgraded the outsole somehow with this new NXT.

And will most definitely not be a day 1 cop even if a low top version comes out. My dumbass be spending way too much for Day 1 cops when these performance sneakers can be had for almost half the price a month later.

The outsole looks the same as the 360 and people were complaining about the nubs fraying off too quick on the 360 outsole. Wonder if they upgraded the outsole somehow with this new NXT.
I won't even consider shoes with outsoles that burn out too fast. This looks like it has exactly the same durability as the nxt 360s. I ain't paying 200 for a gummy bear outsole. Im kind of indifferent to fastfit, too. It takes me 3 seconds to lace up shoes.

I'll just wait until the converse pro bb releases wide. That outsole is apparently durable.

Converse pro bb? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Come on now

Same person who designed the Converse pro BB, is the same person who has deisgn majority of the Kobe line.

Stay woke.
_20190730_222810.JPG

They look so generic and uninspired. Hard. Pass. Should’ve had more colors of the 360. A Duke colorway, an all purple colorway, a grinch colorway, a glow in the dark colorway. The possibilities were endless.

Has anyone checked the resell market lately? The 360s have skyrocketed in price. The orange sole with the multicolor swoosh, the first colorway and the toothpaste colorway are going for over 300 dollars now.

Nothing wrong with the converse BB - if anything it’s super similar to the Kobe. You just have a bias or something against them which is fine but just admit that
People are very much into branding, and what player is being endorse by that brand. Cause dam if you slapped a Nike logo and put a Kobe logo on the Converse pro BB, it's basically a hightop Kobe NXT 360. But people don't see it like that. Cause like I said earlier same person who designed and engineered the Kobe NXT 360 and the majority of the Kobe line, even the Nike adabt bb is the same person who's being working for Nike for decades did the Converse pro BB. Which once I get my hands on won't be a bad performance shoe.

Has anyone checked the resell market lately? The 360s have skyrocketed in price. The orange sole with the multicolor swoosh, the first colorway and the toothpaste colorway are going for over 300 dollars now.

Are they selling for that much or just listed for that..

They look so generic and uninspired. Hard. Pass. Should’ve had more colors of the 360. A Duke colorway, an all purple colorway, a grinch colorway, a glow in the dark colorway. The possibilities were endless.

Agreed.

The 360 was the best Kobe since the 8’s. They did release some good colorways but they could have really did so much more in regards to that.

529A48DC-25DB-4343-A640-733D369175EF.jpeg
Nothing wrong with the converse BB - if anything it’s super similar to the Kobe. You just have a bias or something against them which is fine but just admit that

Never liked converse but what’s the big deal? We all have different taste! Maybe they are good performers but they still look awful too me

People are very much into branding, and what player is being endorse by that brand. Cause dam if you slapped a Nike logo and put a Kobe logo on the Converse pro BB, it's basically a hightop Kobe NXT 360. But people don't see it like that. Cause like I said earlier same person who designed and engineered the Kobe NXT 360 and the majority of the Kobe line, even the Nike adabt bb is the same person who's being working for Nike for decades did the Converse pro BB. Which once I get my hands on won't be a bad performance shoe.

alchemist iq alchemist iq ”basically a high top Kobe NXT 360??? What you smoking on homie??? They don’t look anything like a Kobe! Why are y’all getting butt hurt that I don’t like the converse bbs? Lol

The only thing that looks good on them is the outsole

They look like an upgraded version of the hi top chucks and that’s it! Hope y’all enjoy the converse though :lol:

529A48DC-25DB-4343-A640-733D369175EF.jpeg

alchemist iq alchemist iq ”basically a high top Kobe NXT 360??? What you smoking on homie??? They don’t look anything like a Kobe! Why are y’all getting butt hurt that I don’t like the converse bbs? Lol

The only thing that looks good on them is the outsole

They look like an upgraded version of the hi top chucks and that’s it! Hope y’all enjoy the converse though :lol:

1st no one isn't butt hurt about your opinions, it's your opinion. 2nd, I never said they look alike. But they do share comparable features from the drop-react midsole to the full flexibility of the shoe. But overall deisgn they aren't 1:1 and 3rd I don't smoke.

C5B43143-3A23-40D8-8FFA-1634577247CF.jpeg
1st no one isn't butt hurt about your opinions, it's your opinion. 2nd, I never said they look alike. But they do share comparable features from the drop-react midsole to the full flexibility of the shoe. But overall deisgn they aren't 1:1 and 3rd I don't smoke.

I get it but look what you typed...

Let’s get back on topic though lol

Do we have a release date for new Kobe’s? 8/24?

Swap the Converse BB outsole onto the 360 then I'd like them.

The Converse logo with the star on the BB not doing it for me. They tried to keep it to the original shape/design as much as possible but not feeling that part.

Agreed.

The 360 was the best Kobe since the 8’s. They did release some good colorways but they could have really did so much more in regards to that.
If you love low top minimalism, and on court feel the 360s definitely were the best Kobe since the 8. Nike was so idiotic to not just call it the Kobe 13 and release 10-15 colorways. I want to smack whoever is making these stupid decisions. The Kobe line needs to go back to its roots. Either that or just release retros.

Back
Top Bottom