THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

Just peeped that thread title :lol:

tenor.gif

I get when it comes to the shoes it's whatever. They produce 'x' amount and at it's current state it'll just be a hot commodity. And tbh both the 'Big Stage'/'x5 Champ' were already ready to release to the public until they pulled it... so I'm not surprised at that aspect of the release.

I'm more disappointing about the swingman I would hope that Nike will continue to make them... they should have at least made that one 'made to order' and let people have 24 hours to place in an order so that at the very least you could have gotten something to celebrate "Mamba Day".

Also hope Nike release the 'authentic' versions of em with the #2 patch because man that'd be fireeee!

I get when it comes to the shoes it's whatever. They produce 'x' amount and at it's current state it'll just be a hot commodity. And tbh both the 'Big Stage'/'x5 Champ' were already ready to release to the public until they pulled it... so I'm not surprised at that aspect of the release.

I'm more disappointing about the swingman I would hope that Nike will continue to make them... they should have at least made that one 'made to order' and let people have 24 hours to place in an order so that at the very least you could have gotten something to celebrate "Mamba Day".

Also hope Nike release the 'authentic' versions of em with the #2 patch because man that'd be fireeee!

Agree, don't want to sound like a broken record, but this whole situation is just flat out ridiculous. I fully expected to be able to at least, at least cop the jersey this morning. I figured it would be a good consolation for most likely taking the L on the shoes. Seeing multiple sellers have multiple listings of the jersey is just disappointing. The state of SNKRS and shoe releases seems to be extremely flawed and NIKE never even addressing anything just makes it worse. I'm not a big sneaker head so I sparingly use SNKRS as a form of purchasing my shoes. I have a couple pair of Kobe's for hooping and a couple I wear casually, and all of them are getting there in age aside from my Eulogies. I'm at the point now where I'm gonna have to take extra good care of those because it doesn't look like I'll be able to purchase any release I'm interested in at retail and that is an issue. Limiting who buys your shoes to who can afford to purchase some programming bot that maybe will give you a 50% shot at the shoes or who can pay prices 300% over retail is just so many types of wrong. Even worse in this situation cause so many of us, who truly loved Kobe, want to wear the shoes, display them, or what not, were not even able to get them and now the $120 jersey and $180 shoes are being marked up 3, 4, 5X over retail. It's easy to say "Let's boycott Nike", "Don't buy resale" but collectively we can never achieve this. I know I mentioned this yesterday, but I feel stupid getting upset over something material, but man, in the current state of this country I was hoping we could maybe get a W here and there. Seeing almost nobody in this thread not take a L is frustrating. What irks me even more is people profiting of Kobe's death, it's so many kinds of disrespectful. rant/

*edit

Also, can someone explain to me how Eastbay and Footlocker (I know they have the same stock) sell out when you can't even access the website? Who is getting through without the site crashing? Do bots bypass that?

The most disappointing thing about this week is that if you've been rocking with Kobe and his kicks for the duration, his shoes weren't ever THAT hard to get...save for a pair every now and then. For the most part they were readily available. This jumping through hoops and exploitation? Nah. They can keep it. I've got enough old stuff to hold me. RIP Mamba...

If anyone is interested, there’s a Mercari listing for the Kobe 4 Undftd Suns pair for retail at $180 size 9

Edit: Nvm they were sold but not updated

Last edited:
The most disappointing thing about this week is that if you've been rocking with Kobe and his kicks for the duration, his shoes weren't ever THAT hard to get...save for a pair every now and then. For the most part they were readily available. This jumping through hoops and exploitation? Nah. They can keep it. I've got enough old stuff to hold me. RIP Mamba...

That’s how I feel, not even trying to get them.

I’ll let others fight for them

1598322815296.gif

Back
Top Bottom