THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

For those with the Grinches in-hand, what production dates are you seeing? I saw some pics a while back with Jan/Feb 2020 and I figured if that was the case, perhaps there would be a ton of these...I also recall a very early account of them coming Feb ‘21 (which also did not make sense)...

Not surprised. He had the money, cache, and following to pull it off.

a lot of the people making decisions in Nike basketball dont know ****.

With the exception of the Kyrie 7 and KD 13, nike basketball sucks right now and hasn’t been all that great to me since 2012-2013 (with an occasional gem here or there since).

Nike basketball should commercials for their athletes. Bring back that era where said athlete visited house of hoops and chopped it up with the fans.

i always loved how Kobe promoted and was meticulous with his shoe line unlike the other signature athletes with Nike basketball who seem more interested in their own PE’s for themsleves and their inner circle.

Last edited:
Wow
131E64B7-D2F0-4539-8505-B0F32CB52FB3.png

Someone in this thread was saying this way back right after Kobe had passed. Maybe Shervin and/or his buddy are NTers.

Those are/were interesting. Maybe for lifestyle purposes

but on court shoes, if he was available to see his plan come to life, keep the shoes low and mid.

I will never buy any new model Kobe ever. If Nike ever decide to do it. And to be frank I will not even Vanessa choose to go independent. Fast fit are my limit and I got the ones I wanted in that model.

That would have been interesting to see how that played out especially if he focused more on a global stage. We all know how big he is in Asia.
A part of me thinks he was exploring all options or using that as a potential leverage piece for further negotiations with Nike. While the thought of a player owned brand is a great thought in principle you wonder how that would have worked without the backing of Nike especially if he didn’t own the rights to his past signature models. Right now performance based basketball products are down across the board with casual and retro dominating sales. What would have happened if Kobe no longer had access to his past retro models and only could make future designs. Again, interesting concept and if there was any guy who would have been driven to make it work it would have been Kobe.

That would have been interesting to see how that played out especially if he focused more on a global stage. We all know how big he is in Asia.
A part of me thinks he was exploring all options or using that as a potential leverage piece for further negotiations with Nike. While the thought of a player owned brand is a great thought in principle you wonder how that would have worked without the backing of Nike especially if he didn’t own the rights to his past signature models. Right now performance based basketball products are down across the board with casual and retro dominating sales. What would have happened if Kobe no longer had access to his past retro models and only could make future designs. Again, interesting concept and if there was any guy who would have been driven to make it work it would have been Kobe.

I feel if anybody was able to do something like that, it'd be Kobe since his brand is already established with a huge following and his name is big enough where players will want to join. But I agree that this seems more like a leverage move to re-negotiate with Nike or to make Nike get off their *** for the Kobe line. Having key people there to witness it legitimizes the "threat" that Kobe could leave Nike.

Also don’t think Nike would let him leave and if they did they be headed down hill more than they are especially after losing curry because they couldn’t get his name right etc etc

A lot of crazy conspiracy comments on ig and Twitter about Nike being involved in Kobe’s death. I know some of them are probably joking but people really believe the craziest s***

Nike gives Kobe his own brand officially aka Mike. Kobe “signs” players to wear his gear etc. He was already hands on with the protros. He likely would’ve hired those said designers to design gear and footwear.

when is everyone’s grinches coming in? I wanna find the right time to pay resale for these. It seems like the snkrs pairs aren’t in hand yet if I’m not mistaken

Nike giving Kobe his own line would have been amazing to see. And I could really see it succeed. There’s a lot of guys in the league that wear Kobe’s, even prior to his death.

Nike giving Kobe his own line would have been amazing to see. And I could really see it succeed. There’s a lot of guys in the league that wear Kobe’s, even prior to his death.

Exactly. It made too much sense not to do it. I feel it could’ve transcended beyond basketball and beyond.

I credit Kobe and Bron for me being remotely interested in hitting the weights.

I think this thread is for kobe related anything vs. the other ones which are specifically for the 5 and 6 models. I mean I don't think we're using this thread specifically for the OG silhouettes, magazines, and spalding balls right?

Did they make fakes for the undefeated 'PE's for like Booker and stuff? Might got a good deal from a dude who doesn't know what he has

Attachments

• 0aee54c3f294478a9fe468649f2c8912.jpg
    0aee54c3f294478a9fe468649f2c8912.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 64b260451fcb464b81f983a65d657c88.jpg
    64b260451fcb464b81f983a65d657c88.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 48
  • 68a648ac97854ba79e75d8dc34d4540a.jpg
    68a648ac97854ba79e75d8dc34d4540a.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 48
  • 87d3c7daefab4979b17b661b96e9e4d0.jpg
    87d3c7daefab4979b17b661b96e9e4d0.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 53
  • 91c04cf0434b42258899b896b1dfc2c5.jpg
    91c04cf0434b42258899b896b1dfc2c5.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 51
  • d40a071b3a7b4c75bc61d56998255b92.jpg
    d40a071b3a7b4c75bc61d56998255b92.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 214
  • f4328839cb114877a1bd3ab96348f060.jpg
    f4328839cb114877a1bd3ab96348f060.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 463
Well this thread was made in 2016, years before the Protros were released. What came first? The chicken or the egg?
Lets be rational here and im not sure nor do i care which came first. Its clutter and alot of it.
I think this thread is for kobe related anything vs. the other ones which are specifically for the 5 and 6 models.
Photos are one thing but Its redundant to bring over the same complaints and inquiries from recent releases which have threads dedicated specifically for them.
People are free to post as they like, the original inquiry was the *why* do so, following these two initial responses i have my presumptive answer and thank you both.

Did they make fakes for the undefeated 'PE's for like Booker and stuff? Might got a good deal from a dude who doesn't know what he has
I wanna say they made fakes of the undefeated 4's, but I'm not 100% sure. I can try and compare your pics to my pair once I get home

Back
Top Bottom