THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

I regret getting rid of my og Adidas stormtroopers. Og Nike kb1 olympics.

My 2k4s just fell apart over time.

In college I was much more into Kobe’s gear like sweatshirts,ts and shorts but those didn’t withstand the test of time either.

IMG_8491.jpeg

Random but I saw DJ Rodman (yup, Dennis' kid) transferred to USC the other day. But what stood out to me was him wearing a USC colored Kobe 7, not sure I've ever seen that colorway before anywhere. I know USC had the Kobe V PEs and I think maybe the 6s (not sure on this one).

I remember seeing USC 4s & 6s but damb... DJ Rodman transferred out of my school, WSU :rofl:

Man… the triple white is not for me. That’s really the best they could do?

If they were going to go with a mono color shoe, black would've been a much better choice imo. It ain't like they gonna keep these on shelves for us to re-up when they get dirty.

Man.......... neither my sulfers nor my iD's lasted one hoop session. One run & done. Both became my casual joints for 4 years before giving them to this young cat.
IMG_20130107_223124.jpg
20130502_180544.jpg

I wish I would've kept them long enough to swap insoles with these.
20230510_200921.jpg

What happened to them, the lunar bottomed out? Those iD are flames!

I had quite a few 8s back in the day. Sulfur, the purple and grey pythons, and two pairs of the barcelonas. I do remember the tongues being pretty thin and digging into the ankle area and once the lunar bottomed out, the shoe got a bit too roomy and loose fitting.

Fr man weather has been crazy. Def gonna get outside and put some work in today
Harder for me to make it to the indoor court now with a new born, but I try to squeeze in 20-30 min of outdoor work if the weather is nice. This court is on the way to Trader Joe’s so I just bring my ball with me when I go grocery shopping 2-3 times a week.

There’s another outdoor court outside my apartment but it has double rims and slanted ground so it’s not very good for shooting. The court I’m at today has glass back boards and normal rims, but there’s always a lot of kids hanging out smoking up there so it’s hit or miss lol.

Double rim is honestly the best place to practice shooting. Sure it’s harder but the goal is to hit a swish and not pray for a good roll and bounce when you shoot. Yea it frustrating to play on but shouldn’t be for practice.

Light outdoor shoot around. Weather is finally getting nice outside. Took long enough lol.
gonna switch to the black laces with the white dots and see what thats talking about

also another cool detail of the IVs is the 2 and the 4 on the medial sides

i know i dont need another pair but i got the itch

What happened to them, the lunar bottomed out? Those iD are flames!

I had quite a few 8s back in the day. Sulfur, the purple and grey pythons, and two pairs of the barcelonas. I do remember the tongues being pretty thin and digging into the ankle area and once the lunar bottomed out, the shoe got a bit too roomy and loose fitting.
They never bottomed out, but the Lunarlon was super squishy & unstable for ball. Wearing them casually, though, they were more comfortable than any of my Reacts. Now the insole for the AD NXT, best insole I've ever had in a shoe! And thanks for the compliment on the iD's!

You had a nice amount of 8's. Those came out during my broke years. Saved up a couple months to get the sulfurs & got the iD with taxes. 🤣

Double rim is honestly the best place to practice shooting. Sure it’s harder but the goal is to hit a swish and not pray for a good roll and bounce when you shoot. Yea it frustrating to play on but shouldn’t be for practice.

One of my local parks got triple rim lmfao. Humbles you real quick.

One of my local parks had that. People tried to avoid that park as much as possible 😂

I would go there and practice my free throws and mid range shot though 🤷‍♂️

Yeah I went back there and played a few games today. It’s not just the rims, the ground is slanted too for rain drainage purposes so it def throws you off since parts of the court feel lower or taller. I was sliding like crazy out there today.

Had to abandon the perimeter game and go back to my 2015 Melo Bully ball. Played against a nice group of guys and exchanged numbers, hopefully can play with them again sometime. Funny thing though, one of them had his girl filming the games and it def didn’t go well for them lol.

They never bottomed out, but the Lunarlon was super squishy & unstable for ball. Wearing them casually, though, they were more comfortable than any of my Reacts. Now the insole for the AD NXT, best insole I've ever had in a shoe! And thanks for the compliment on the iD's!

You had a nice amount of 8's. Those came out during my broke years. Saved up a couple months to get the sulfurs & got the iD with taxes. 🤣

Haha I hear that! I was around 26 at the time and working, still single with money to burn. Now I’m 37 with 2 kids and a wife who hates sneakers 🤣

Back
Top Bottom