THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

I’m very curious on how the sizing will run on the 8 protro. The 5 and 6 fit much tighter and narrower than the originals and I had to get half size up. Hopefully the 8 doesn’t fit too narrow.

I didn't notice how they irritated the achilles until I played in them after playing in the Kobe V & VI for 2 years. I came down on someone's foot & sprained my ankle real bad.
Thought the Hyperdunks (ironically those iD's in the pic because I had played my all black & black & white TB joints to the ground) would provide better support while my ankle was still sore but it felt worse playing in those.
Needless to say they quickly became beaters after that. 🤣
I remember everyone was like OMG HYPERDUNK CUSHION UNMATCHED IT'S SO GOOD. Bro that shoe bottomed out to be bricks on feet.

I remember everyone was like OMG HYPERDUNK CUSHION UNMATCHED IT'S SO GOOD. Bro that shoe bottomed out to be bricks on feet.
It wasn't that bad for me. Granted I was 18 years old when the Kobe 8 was around so I had good knees and ankles. I remember the AD NXT 360s drop-in midsole bottomed out to the point I was pretty much barefoot.

Okay, I thought it was just me that thought that shoe didn't last long. From June '08-February 2010 I went through the black Hyperdunks, white black & teal Soldier 3 & the white & black TB Hyperdunks (granted those were my only pair of hoop shoes at the time & I was putting a gang of hoop miles on them weighing 240).

Then I got my V-Day's & kept getting Kobe V's so I was able to preserve shots a lot more.
8cd0130d.jpg
imagejpeg952_2-1.jpg

Don't laugh. I was proud of my little Kobe V Kollection. 🤣🤣🤣

And the Double D's were by far my favorite V to hoop in. 🤌🏾

It wasn't that bad for me. Granted I was 18 years old when the Kobe 8 was around so I had good knees and ankles. I remember the AD NXT 360s drop-in midsole bottomed out to the point I was pretty much barefoot.
Man, the AD NXT is my go-to right now. 6 years in & feels like a can get another 6. I regret giving my black pair away.

Okay, I thought it was just me that thought that shoe didn't last long. From June '08-February 2010 I went through the black Hyperdunks, white black & teal Soldier 3 & the white & black TB Hyperdunks (granted those were my only pair of hoop shoes at the time & I was putting a gang of hoop miles on them weighing 240).

Then I got my V-Day's & kept getting Kobe V's so I was able to preserve shots a lot more.
8cd0130d.jpg
imagejpeg952_2-1.jpg

I played a lot of outdoor ball so my kobes were shaved down to where there wasn't any tread lol. I don't have any pairs left from back then except for like 2 pairs of 9s.

I played a lot of outdoor ball so my kobes were shaved down to where there wasn't any tread lol. I don't have any pairs left from back then except for like 2 pairs of 9s.
One of the last times I played outdoors.
2010-01-31 16.06.01-picsay.jpg

January 2010. Gotta love Cali weather! But all those years of outdoor hoop was ultimately the demise of my knees. Sh💩ts sound like when you take velcro apart now.

8cd0130d.jpg
imagejpeg952_2-1.jpg

Brings back memories, I got a lot of buckets in del sol Kobe 5. I wish they made those again instead of bruce lees.

January 2010. Gotta love Cali weather! But all those years of outdoor hoop was ultimately the demise of my knees. Sh💩ts sound like when you take velcro apart now.
You ain’t lying. Outdoors is a diff beast. I played two games half court Wednesday and two games half court Thursday and could barely jump. Then Friday night I played indoors and almost dunked lol. The difference in traction and bounce of a clean indoor court was insane.

You ain’t lying. Outdoors is a diff beast. I played two games half court Wednesday and two games half court Thursday and could barely jump. Then Friday night I played indoors and almost dunked lol. The difference in traction and bounce of a clean indoor court was insane.
Dude, same! The last time I played outdoors was 2014 at 37 years old & really thought about hanging out up after the way my body felt. Then I played indoors after a week of recovery & caught a tip jam. Haven't played outdoors since.

I loved those Del Sols. Got them because of one of my favorite Kobe games.
los-angeles-lakers-guard-kobe-bryant-24-moves-the-ball-down-the-court-in-the-third-quarter-aga...jpg
I remember paying “resale” of $150 and getting any colorway I wanted back in those days lol. Had a few pairs of USA 5s too that I absolutely loved playing in.

Man I even sold a pair of white and yellow lakers 5s to a friend for $100. I want them back lol.

Outdoor ball is like engraved in NYC culture haha. I noticed whenever I visited family out in Socal, there were never people playing at the parks my cousin took me to. So boring.

I loved those Del Sols. Got them because of one of my favorite Kobe games.
los-angeles-lakers-guard-kobe-bryant-24-moves-the-ball-down-the-court-in-the-third-quarter-aga...jpg
They were my only OG 5s. Loved them. Wore em casually and all. Still remember how I got them. My boy worked at Niketown.. so went uptown to the store... bought them and the 5 rings snake tee with 30% off... and the Mamba bag well(still have all 3 of them)... and ended up the 5 sticks tee(yellow) as well. Wore it to the FIBA basketball event they had at Rucker Park that summer August 2010.

Outdoor ball is like engraved in NYC culture haha. I noticed whenever I visited family out in Socal, there were never people playing at the parks my cousin took me to. So boring.

Starting my son early. He always crying to play basketball, which I guess means assisted dunking lol.

Attachments

• 5B524A33-B5F1-443A-953E-ACBC89C64EBD.png
    5B524A33-B5F1-443A-953E-ACBC89C64EBD.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 126
  • 1AEC2367-B90B-464B-B2C0-0A57595E042E.jpeg
    1AEC2367-B90B-464B-B2C0-0A57595E042E.jpeg
    396.1 KB · Views: 534
Dude, same! The last time I played outdoors was 2014 at 37 years old & really thought about hanging out up after the way my body felt. Then I played indoors after a week of recovery & caught a tip jam. Haven't played outdoors since.
That’s so funny cause I’m turning 37 in July lol.

Back in my college days. Ball was life at the rec center.

19065_656937115863_1656764_n.jpg
Damn! I missed out on the Aways because I thought I was an 11½ so I didn't try on the 12's FL had at the time. Tried the V-Day's on in a 12 when they dropped & they were a perfect fit. Tried to get the Aways but they were sold out.
Missed out on the BL's & DK's because wack *** Nashville didn't carry them.

So it's confrmed, the drop-in midsole will be made of React. Kinda nice, but I still would have wished a Zoom unit here or there.

Damn I'm glad I have been holding onto my LeBron 11's all these years.

It’s weird that on the Elite 8s, it had zoom units on the lunarlon (which I constantly would switch from my 8s to my Hyperchases) but these Reacts on the Protros don’t? Nike could’ve at least added SOMETHING for $180

19611C6C-AA86-44E8-9B8C-6963E960CEB2.jpeg

So it's confrmed, the drop-in midsole will be made of React. Kinda nice, but I still would have wished a Zoom unit here or there.

Damn I'm glad I have been holding onto my LeBron 11's all these years.

So they’ll be like the GT cut?

Back
Top Bottom