THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

A96D659E-C65B-4BBC-BB0F-B0FC3FAB68EC.jpeg
8|24

There's a conspiracy that stockx buys their own shoes to raise prices

Doubt it. I know that since that +$600 had people Corona balling Stock X don't even have to do any of that. There's been enough people making stupid bids and pulling the trigger on prices that would have been laughed at in February.

Are these bot buys? I mean I was checked out within 2-3 minutes of the button turning black, but still sold out?

Dangit Nike.

Randomly went to check on FL uk for a restock for 5x champs, they ended up having a ZK1 in my size, ended up scooping them. Very random, I know I overpaid considering they initially ended up in outlets but they were here for a reason!
093668C4-D458-415D-A162-77A7E8B3A7FC.jpeg
Unless you live in the UK, I don't think the foot sites ship to the states.
Only fitting for my morning workout.
8/24
2C7C3B16-C330-436D-85D4-2EF440C3F516.jpeg
Rep for the socks alone, people love wearing socks to there calves in shorts. :smh:

Welp my first SNKRs experience was dumb as hell, might try for the upcoming black Dunks but I'm not usually one to have good luck with raffles.

I get that the Kobe gear is special so that is what it is. I'm glad I have what I already have.

But dang, that jersey...

I was done "checking out" within seconds on SNKRS and still struck out. Bot seems to be the only way, yet I know nothing about it so...

No FCFS "check out" on hype releases on SNKRS. Everybody puts in their payment information and "checks out". Nike chooses who gets the privilege of buying their shoes :lol:

Reactions: LD7
How do you not have enough for the fans on Mamba Day? I understand that Nike doesn’t care about the bots as long as the product is sold, but... smh.

Haven't won on snkrs in 2020 yet it's insane. And eff Nike for making this a GR for the fans. I wish I would've copped a pair of chaos. Bruce Lees are gonna be impossible if they retro...

Happy for those who got em, who wanted em but we all know that eBay and secondary markets are about to get flooded with Vs and jerseys. Hey, that is capitalism and the current state of the shoe 'market' we are in. *shrugs*

Bruce Lees and the Grinch are going to be next to IMPOSSIBLE to hit on SNKRS.

Why they would make this all so limited is beyond me.

the man is dead. let the people enjoy some memories and memorabilia.

It helps build the brand. Since Kobe hype is at an all time high (let’s be honest, these releases would’ve sat or, at the very least, been easy cops a year ago) Nike is using these releases to build hype for the Kobe line to push tons and tons of GRs down the road. It makes sense from a business perspective although, ethically, it’s a bit dubious since they’re clearly leveraging the man’s death to build their own brand.

It helps build the brand. Since Kobe hype is at an all time high (let’s be honest, these releases would’ve sat or, at the very least, been easy cops a year ago) Nike is using these releases to build hype for the Kobe line to push tons and tons of GRs down the road. It makes sense from a business perspective although, ethically, it’s a bit dubious since they’re clearly leveraging the man’s death to build their own brand.

yeah i get it.

its just ugly squeezing profit out of a dead man for the world to see.

Last edited:
Push GR's? Like the takedown models because that's clearly working out with the mamba fury's sitting on Nike or the NX model that came out today? Like others have mentioned, let the fans collect some memorabilia. My Kobe 5 went to **** and lost traction years ago because I hooped in em. Now that they gave it the protro treatment, I wouldn't mind having some extra pairs to hoop in or even just to wear casually. But it's impossible without paying an arm and a leg. Nike just needs to flood the market with a ton and that would drive down resell prices drastically.

Back
Top Bottom