THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

Interested in how the “disciples” in the league (Booker, Derozan, etc) would respond to Nike failing to honor their mentor, hero, and inspiration for the shoes they wear. Honestly if I were them I’d probably go elsewhere and maybe even get a sig of their own.

0C3A1EA8-DD6B-4028-8844-2FD80DFD19AE.gif

8547ED18-C798-46C6-B9DE-B6CB3CC2E1BE.gif
You, no longer have a Kobe line to support. So nike has stated the exact same thing to you. Now that’s funny!

Interested in how the “disciples” in the league (Booker, Derozan, etc) would respond to Nike failing to honor their mentor, hero, and inspiration for the shoes they wear. Honestly if I were them I’d probably go elsewhere and maybe even get a sig of their own.

None of those dudes are moving units. Lol.

... Wait and see how this plays out, I don't think it's the end of negotiations. Vanessa and Nike aren't on bad terms. Nike's messed up before and let athletes walk, they won't do it again. Drake left JB, toyed with Adidas and came back to Nike. So anything can still happen.

Meanwhile, I wonder what happens to Nike players who're getting PE's, are they allowed to keep wearing them?

Mids and AD were solid tbh
AD’s could’ve been great but they also fooled us with tech. We thought that heel was gonna be zoom but turned out to be just a window lol

Everything after that was flop.

Still need the Red/Yellow/Purple from the Mids
From a performance standpoint they were great! But besides the launch colorway of the NXT 360's none of those shoes had any buzz and a ton of them ended up as outlet bricks

... Wait and see how this plays out, I don't think it's the end of negotiations. Vanessa and Nike aren't on bad terms. Nike's messed up before and let athletes walk, they won't do it again. Drake left JB, toyed with Adidas and came back to Nike. So anything can still happen.

Meanwhile, I wonder what happens to Nike players who're getting PE's, are they allowed to keep wearing them?
I’m speculating here but I think they’re going to have to halt production of any new PEs for those players that get them. I also think that players can still wear Kobe’s, it just comes down to them not producing anymore Kobe’s.

I wonder if Vanessa is really gonna try to start another Kobe line elsewhere. Perhaps adidas and they start retroing his few Kobe models

I would think the players who get PE’s have more than enough to last them for a while. And the players who wear ID’s would start IDing a surplus for down the road, if indeed an agreement is not met in future negotiations.

So here’s what we do know...

Kobe wasn’t happy with the direction of his line post retirement, and really can you blame him?

Nike Kobe A.D - Flop
Nike Kobe AD NXT - Flop
Nike Kobe AD Mid - Flop
Nike Kobe AD NXT 360 - Flop
Nike Kobe AD NXT FastFit - Flop

Protro 1 - not sure if we want to call them a flop, but there were lots of them collecting dust in the outlets.
Protro 4 - again, not sure if we’re calling those a flop but between the FLZ pump fake and the Draft Day colorway no one asked for they really dropped the ball with that release. Carpe Diems and POP’s were cool but seriously so many great color ways that they could’ve chosen from it really was kinda disappointing. I got all of mine except the Undefeated pair either on discount or at a Nike outlet.

IDK, it would’ve been nice if they could have come to some sort of an agreement but I understand both sides were unhappy so it is what it is. Even Jordan Brand it seems went through a weird phase after MJ retired where they had to figure out what direction to take the line. Perhaps this relationship isn’t completely done with after all and they just need to step away from the negotiation table for a little bit.

You forgot to mention the AD EXODUS. They were hot for a good minute and were worn religiously by Giannas and Anthony Davis, and every other college hooper was wearing em. I got myself a pair for my Rec league and although they were good performers the traction wears out too fast.

That was really the only good performer out of his post retirement line up. It’s just that Nike didn’t put much effort into everything else

You forgot to mention the AD EXODUS. They were hot for a good minute and were worn religiously by Giannas and Anthony Davis, and every other college hooper was wearing em. I got myself a pair for my Rec league and although they were good performers the traction wears out too fast.

That was really the only good performer out of his post retirement line up. It’s just that Nike didn’t put much effort into everything else
I had the AD lows, mids, and first NXT's...they all were either good to great performance wise for me but just weren't commercial successes. Almost zero appeal off the court

So glad i copped damn near every kobe sneaker i wanted during his career.

his retirement, his passing, Nike’s limiting of his sneaker releases and now this contract expiration, all dont hit me as hard bc i have almost everything i wanted from his sig line.

there are def a few that slipped through the cracks over the years i was hoping to grab in the retro run but all in all, im still good.

also, maybe like 2 hours after hearing the news of his passing, i bought the prelude iii’s which i had been thinking about buying for maybe 2-3 years prior but never pulled the trigger. I knew after he passed, it was now or never. I kno whoever i bought em from was PISSED. Lol

cant really say im DYING for retros of some of his sneakers that i dont have but there are some, if given a FAIR chance, id cop.

the person all those previously mentioned factors really effect are young kobe fans that werent of age during his career that seemingly wont be able to cop his sneakers.

the end of this mans life has been terribly tragic in MANY ways. S*** sux man.

They filed trademarks for footwear and apparel. From an appeal standpoint maybe it won’t be much of a draw or whatever but who really cares. They can control it and not put up with Nike/the whiny sneakerheads. If it doesn’t take off I’m sure they can live with that.

After the buying Grinch and Bruce Lee at resell, I was done with copping Kobes in 2020. Good thing I copped when I did I guess :rolleyes

Where is Derozan going to get a signature shoe? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom