THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

Now I wonder is dialogue between two parties done done? Will there be follow up talk? Re-negotiate?

I feel like they put the news out there just to see how fans react, how the market will react.

Because the ball is in Nike's court.

I believe Vanessa is fighting for fans AND she's fighting for Kobe. She believes her husband is the greatest of all time and should be mentioned in the same sentence as Jordan and Lebron. And if that's the case, she's not going to give in- if being goat means lifetime deals, then her husband is most deserving of one too. So it's really up to Nike to structure a deal that reflects that AND makes business sense (I don't know what they're doing or thinking).

This all or nothing mentality- she's fighting and we should definitely appreciate that.

Adidas would be incompetent to not come in for the interception here.

However I think Nike is still miles ahead of the other options IF they want to play ball on Vanessa's terms. I don't see why they can't do something similar to what they're doing with Jordan 1s right now - release the same model in 52 colourways a year in limited quantities, but as a whole it's a mass GR. Yes people will still fight over individual colourways, but at least you're still getting 1 million pairs out there in a year instead of 100k.

Or just mass GR some and keep others limited. There's got to be some middle ground here.

Don’t think Nike has ever been in this situation before... if Kobe was here, it would be a completely different story! Kobe was heavily involved in the line but Nike should figure something out! Just keep releasing OG CWs of protro and start adding these incredible PEs

Kobe should be treated just like Jordan imo but Kobe can’t keep creating a new model shoe like MJ does ever year bc again, he’s not here! If a deals never happens, I think Nike will keep releasing protros but w/o Kobe sig & logo... I’m okay with that but Nike needs to come correct with her PERIOD

Agree.
Just protro the line repeatedly with new tech and release PE’s. It’s the right thing to do
That would be fine with me... but at the same time that sounds like what they’re doing with the Penny line, minus the new tech. So maybe Nike is offering the Bryant estate a contact something similar to his deal? And no that doesn’t mean that Penny = Kobe the player, that’s not how this works.

Nike/Jordan has a track record of not releasing PEs in Ray Allen, Rip Hamilton, Eddie Jones, Darius Miles, Corey Magette, Vin Baker ect.. It would take away the meaning of the E in PE look at it as an incentive of making to the league and signing with Nike.. it sucks but at the same time it understandable they should just let us have a Nike ID option

Have you seen what’s going on w/ the SB dunks on Nike ID? Sell out in seconds so Kobes would be no different lol

RESELLERS RUINED THE SHOE GAME!
No doubt it would sell out that what they want as a business but I've haven't seen anyone reselling IDs... please show me if I'm wrong

Have you seen what’s going on w/ the SB dunks on Nike ID? Sell out in seconds so Kobes would be no different lol

RESELLERS RUINED THE SHOE GAME!

the companies are to blame more for this.. they sell out because nike puts an artificial supply for sale and resellers take advantage of it.

shoes shouldn't "sell out" .. there should never be a "shortage" of materials, that's just stupid. they can always source/make materials. it's nike FFS.

no one in this thread would be upset if they had to wait an extra 2-3 weeks for nike to build their shoe instead of paying 2-3x retail because someone bought a script or paid too much attention in a highschool coding class.

No doubt it would sell out that what they want as a business but I've haven't seen anyone reselling IDs... please show me if I'm wrong
Type in nike by you dunk on ebay... FLOODED
the CPFM AF1’s are another example
kobes last game iD’s
champ pack iD for kyrie
etc etc

People literally made colors they knew would sell

I guess everyone would have to rush and make the own. Nike doesn't want to have leftover materials its a part of business... where the Pics?

Type in nike by you dunk on ebay... FLOODED
the CPFM AF1’s are another example
kobes last game iD’s
champ pack iD for kyrie
etc etc

People literally made colors they knew would sell
Isn't it up to the consumer not to buy we have to take some responsibility

the companies are to blame more for this.. they sell out because nike puts an artificial supply for sale and resellers take advantage of it.

shoes shouldn't "sell out" .. there should never be a "shortage" of materials, that's just stupid. they can always source/make materials. it's nike FFS.

no one in this thread would be upset if they had to wait an extra 2-3 weeks for nike to build their shoe instead of paying 2-3x retail because someone bought a script or paid too much attention in a highschool coding class.
2-3 weeks lol it would be more like 2-3 months

Not at all I'm actually good with my Kobe collection I was buying when they 1st released and they was sitting in stores on sale on top of that getting the employee discount for working at foot locker... you must not get the joke bout the AF1s But seriously we all have to have discipline and not pay for resale then the prices will come down

Back
Top Bottom