THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

I think Nike forgot how to execute patterns properly on engineered mesh. The sulfurs and christmas lights had complex patterns while the purple fades and easters did gradients beautifully. Now all we get are washed-out black butterflies and screen-printed numbers.
They definitely are going off of a different design language with these new colorways. Which I thought they had to stick to

I think Eric Avar (or the design team) sets certain color blocking that looks best with this shoe; you see them mostly on Kobe’s feet as PEs—doing away with that and just throwing black mold butterflies on top is crazy

They definitely are going off of a different design language with these new colorways. Which I thought they had to stick to

I think Eric Avar (or the design team) sets certain color blocking that looks best with this shoe; you see them mostly on Kobe’s feet as PEs—doing away with that and just throwing black mold butterflies on top is crazy
now that you mention it, I don’t think Eric Avar was ever involved with any of the protros.

Wondering if it’s a ploy making the RGs limited to pop the interest/demand and then they flood the market with a standard black/black colorway. Otherwise I’m super confused at the timing of the marketing campaign

Wondering if it’s a ploy making the RGs limited to pop the interest/demand and then they flood the market with a standard black/black colorway. Otherwise I’m super confused at the timing of the marketing campaign

Might be the start/promotion of the new Kobe Brand, Kobe 4 Gift of Mamba + merch is the kickoff I’m assuming. Probably will be more to come in the next few months

I think these are the more premium/limited models; ones in the future will be general release. Similar to a Jordan Brand structure

I know it's wishful thinking. But to earn the name Gift of Mamba, everyone should be able to get a pair that wants a pair. Hopefully Nike ups the production even more with that release.

Gifts weren’t even on my radar but I’m still so salty about the RG L that I entered an EQL draw and will try on SNRKS also. Have a feeling they’ll look much better in person

Hindsight is 20/20 - I should have entered every single online draw and in person that I could for RG considering my size.

Tis the season!

Attachments

• IMG_8402.jpeg
    IMG_8402.jpeg
    419.9 KB · Views: 561

The reverse grinches weren't limited though and the IV's are a draw, which means they will be.

Kobes SHOES was NEVER liked when he was still around
NOW everyone is HYPED about all his kicks

Kobe wasn't liked that much, when he played. A lot of people, media, players hated on him until the farewell tour. That's when people got to see who Kobe was as a person more so than what others read about him. His image evolved into girl dad, he mentored players, became a business mogul, did charity work and created a foundation, became more extroverted/social. Even Nike didn't care for him much, he was underpaid compared to his "peers." Meanwhile, they're arguing with 5 year olds, have burner accounts....... You're looking at the perfect storm with his tragic passing, a gap in releases due to the contract ending, limited supply, immense demand and popularity, and Nike is pulling all the strings angering fans that want a pair. Unfortunately, the few and most vocal are blaming the wrong person instead.

Kobes SHOES was NEVER liked when he was still around
NOW everyone is HYPED about all his kicks

The shoes weren’t liked, notice or worn by the general public and so called sneakerheads.

Kobe fans and basketball players liked and wore the shoes mainly to play basketball in.

Now every reseller, casual basketball fan and so-called sneakerheads at every release are professing their love for the shoes like

1703457427758.gif

Kobe wasn't liked that much, when he played. A lot of people, media, players hated on him until the farewell tour. That's when people got to see who Kobe was as a person more so than what others read about him. His image evolved into girl dad, he mentored players, became a business mogul, did charity work and created a foundation, became more extroverted/social. Even Nike didn't care for him much, he was underpaid compared to his "peers." Meanwhile, they're arguing with 5 year olds, have burner accounts....... You're looking at the perfect storm with his tragic passing, a gap in releases due to the contract ending, limited supply, immense demand and popularity, and Nike is pulling all the strings angering fans that want a pair. Unfortunately, the few and most vocal are blaming the wrong person instead.

Facts.

Especially the last part.

Stop got some of ids of these.

These were at the clearance store sitting. Only hoopers played in these like that these were not casual wears at all

The 4s, then 5s had people revisiting low top sneakers to hoop in. I never went back after the 5s even Jordan started bringing the cuts down

Back
Top Bottom