THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

Always scared they’re gonna fall apart. 🐍
IMG_7488.jpeg

For those with both the Halo 8’s and OG 8’s…would you recommend going up a half size in the Halo’s because of the padded tongue?

8’s always fit my narrow foot weird cause of the minimal tongue sliding around.
If you have narrow feet you should be fine with your OG8 size. Im a wide-footer and Im a TTS in OG8's but with the padded tongue and react insole, it was way too tight. I replaced the halo insole with an OG insole and was so much better.

They’ve really cheaped out on a lot of their hoodies. Even their NBA ones all have screen printed logos. Nothing is embroidered anymore, which is crazy considering how much they charge.
Speaking of that...I bought my wife a nike mavs jacket for Christmas. Cost $185, but I didn't see it in its entirety until the 22nd. I was beyond pissed about the quality of that jacket for that price. Sent it back ASAP!!!

I can now say I’ve owned a Kobe’s 1-6 and 8-9. I also never thought I’d own a pair of Prelude’s. Still mad about not being able to get a pair of Reverse Grinches though…

Attachments

• IMG_5157.jpeg
    IMG_5157.jpeg
    259.4 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_5147.jpeg
    IMG_5147.jpeg
    682.7 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_5148.jpeg
    IMG_5148.jpeg
    574.5 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_5150.jpeg
    IMG_5150.jpeg
    604.7 KB · Views: 218
I can now say I’ve owned a Kobe’s 1-6 and 8-9. I also never thought I’d own a pair of Prelude’s. Still mad about not being able to get a pair of Reverse Grinches though…
Dope pick up. Was hunting a pair of these for a while so I can knock out hooping in a pair of 3s but the listings I've found.... no fuego

Finally took it out of the bag and tried it on. It’s nice, just not 800 dollar nice. I like that everything is embroidered vs just the print on the tee

Attachments

• IMG_0588.jpeg
    IMG_0588.jpeg
    262.2 KB · Views: 1,195
  • IMG_0555.jpeg
    IMG_0555.jpeg
    280.6 KB · Views: 854
  • IMG_0554.jpeg
    IMG_0554.jpeg
    430.2 KB · Views: 110
Prob could've went down a size tbh. $800 is a loooooot. I already pass one supreme varsities that are like $400.
It’s pretty snug since it’s a small. I think a size down would be almost like a crop top as far as length. I just have short arms lol. But yeah, I was pretty good about not buying supreme stuff these past couple seasons. Maybe that’s how my guy math will justify keeping this

Has anyone had any luck finding replacement outsole for restoration on Kobe 9's?

Have an buddy who is down-sizing his sneaker collection, and he offered his Kobe 9 "Laser Crimson" to me first before putting it up anywhere else, but their outsole has hardened so in that condition they would be basically just an display piece :frown:

It’s pretty snug since it’s a small. I think a size down would be almost like a crop top as far as length. I just have short arms lol. But yeah, I was pretty good about not buying supreme stuff these past couple seasons. Maybe that’s how my guy math will justify keeping this
Oh its just a bulky *** jacket then. Sleeves look super puffy.

Has anyone had any luck finding replacement outsole for restoration on Kobe 9's?

Have an buddy who is down-sizing his sneaker collection, and he offered his Kobe 9 "Laser Crimson" to me first before putting it up anywhere else, but their outsole has hardened so in that condition they would be basically just an display piece :frown:
Yooooo if anyone has figured this out. This is the question...... but I don't think there's anything that can be done

Got my gift of mamba tee. Pricey but had to cop. Quality’s better than most Nike shirts you get at the shop but not much better than something you’d get at a music festival either. I’m 5’10 and got an L for the oversized look

Not sure if anyone's worn there Kobe jersey yet but if you have or just even noticed.... does the curved for the neck line look or seem flimsy...

Attachments

• 1000044518.jpg
    1000044518.jpg
    777.8 KB · Views: 777
I am 6'0 and medium shirts are perfect width wise but lengthwise/sleeves they are too short. Large shirts can be too boxy/oversized on me. I copped a Nike long sleeve tee last year in Medium Tall and it fits great. Length is roughly the size of a large but the width of a medium.
I’m 6 foot as well. Took 10 years but I finally got my arms and chest big enough to fit the L sized witness and basketball never stops dri fit tees I bought in 2012-2014 lol.

Yeah I’m not fw that look. Also I feel like you need a crazy 1 leg vert to rock a single full length leg sleeve.

Back
Top Bottom