The Official Nike LeBron 14 Thread. Retail $175

Has any FTL or D Icks employees seen the Lebron 14 Black Ice in stores?
My local FTL already has them, saw them yesterday.  

This is seriously shaping up to be a giant blunder on the part of Nike...he will be wearing the Elites before we even get a 14 drop.  
mean.gif

Last edited:
I believe Nike is just doing the 14's Nike sig releases different now personally. I think we're going to be seeing Lebron wear the 14's at least until Dec of this year just like he did the 13/Solider X's. So if that is Nike's plan there's really no big rush to dump a bunch of pairs of 14's on us in the month of Januaury when you think about that way.

Nike knows they have a good design and some anticipation behind the 14's so why not build up some hype behind the releases? If you think about it that's basically what they've been doing the whole time with the 14's since they first premiered them Christmas Day. If you don't believe that, just look back a few pages in this thread alone and you'll see Nike's strategy for building hype is working. You even got some people up here upset that they are or may be pushing back a basic pair of black and white 14's (not sayi g the color way is bad but let's be real it's just a basic black and white pair of Nike's lol) Nike is doi g an excellent job marketing the 14's currently imo

Lastly just some food for thought about how many Lebron's Nike has released in one month before. With the Lebron 11
1.Akron vs Miami 11's Dec. 7th
2.Christmas Day 11's Dec. 26th
3.Dunkman 11's Dec. 31st

Last edited:
decided to get the chasedown instead of the kd 9s. I'm looking for a very supportive and durable shoe. iffy about the translucent sole however

I believe Nike is knee deep in dookie and scrambling to release this shoe.  WE are the ones hyping it up.  Too many times, Nike gets credit for their mess-ups as if they "meant to do that".  Just my opinion.  
This. Think about the XI and XII...we had leaked images months in advance, a solid month of Nike marketing before the release, and a full slate of colorways from the October release until the end of the year. The XIIs were manufactured before they even knew he was going back to Cleveland.

Nike literally just finished painting his Christmas kicks in China and got them to him for that game. Why do you think his PEs have been garbage? They're nowhere near ready to roll these out.

Last edited:

I believe Nike is knee deep in dookie and scrambling to release this shoe.  WE are the ones hyping it up.  Too many times, Nike gets credit for their mess-ups as if they "meant to do that".  Just my opinion.  
QFT.  

This is way more dysfunction than strategy.  They aren't missing a giant opportunity to pump out 14 sales right before and after christmas if they had a choice.  Kyrie's had 3 colorways of his shoes releasing already.  This is prime basketball shoe sales time for high school and college players.  

Last edited:
This. Think about the XI and XII...we had leaked images months in advance, a solid month of Nike marketing before the release, and a full slate of colorways from the October release until the end of the year. The XIIs were manufactured before they even knew he was going back to Cleveland.

Nike literally just finished painting his Christmas kicks in China and got them to him for that game. Why do you think his PEs have been garbage? They're nowhere near ready to roll these out.

Agreed with you. Based on how trash and almost iD like his PEs look you'd think they were still wear testing this shoe to some extent.

Say what yal want but adidas is definitley running the "hype" right now with the Yeezy 350 v2, 750, NMD and Pharell Human Race NMD and Ultra Boost. The may not be out selling Nike but that Hype is real right now I mean there's a lot of the NMD's even sold out on Flight Club, lol and I'm team Nike all day. Like it's been said before up here the runner style shoe is more of the "it/hype" sneaker right now and Adidas is running that market right now imo not basketball sneakers. If you look at nike now they're starting to try to make more shoes similar to those styles I named above. Lebron himself even said he wanted a shoe he could wear casually too off the court. Nike currently imo doesen't really have a shoe that's really that sought after at the moment so what better person then their Billionaire boy fresh off a Championship Lebron to stir up some hype with a shoe that does look good on and off the court to me. It's clearly been a strategy the whole time for hype I mean seriously from the dude from the movie Dope wearing them courtside at the game, to the special stock auction release, to them only currently coming to TWO HOUSE OF HOOPS that appears to be a marketing stratgey to me personally not Nike not being able to mass produce a shoe. Again just my opinion though.

Don't know if this has been posted but... Just spoke with a NIKE rep who pulled a release from their calendar for me.  They are releasing the OONW edition 1/27/2017 via SNRKS at 10am Eastern.  This could be the reason why the Chase Down was bumped to February 10.  If this has already been stated, which quite possibly it has, my apologies.

Back
Top Bottom