The Official Nike LeBron XII Thread- "July 4th/USA" & "King's Cloak/Red Paisley" 06/27/15

What is your favorite LeBron XII release?

• NSRL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HOAL

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Dunk Force

• Instinct

• Six Meridians

• Data

• Christmas

• Trillion Dollar Man

• 23 Chromosomes

• BHM

• Court Vision

• All-Star/Flatiron

• Double Helix

• What If?

• Flight

• CLE

• Wheat

• Lows

• Elites

• NSW

• Total voters
The sports card hobby is alive and well. Just not catered towards kids anymore since most of the valuable cards are autos/game-used relics and pulling those requires buying very expensive hobby boxes/cases

Last edited:

I feel the same way but I think we still have a long way to go. Beanie babies and baseball cards rose and fell like any other collectible and I was gonna say they just sat in cases until it was time for a convention but the same can be said about alot of shoes that people horde but this is being dominated by younger and younger kids by the day, hell if you say "scream greens" to my 10 year old girl she knows exactly what shoe you're talking about. Plus social media really keeps it in your face, everybody is out to one-up the next man and I don't see the bubble "bursting" but maybe slightly deflating.
maybe i'm just being optimistic like always.

or it's probably because i'm the one guy who honestly gets tired of the shenanigans. 

i ACTUALLY watch anime but the slam dunks were just too much of a hassle to get, and I wasn't gonna pay resale for something that'd look disgusting in about 5 years when time takes it's toll on the clear parts.

sports cards aren't being seriously messed as heavy as jordans right now, or maybe they are idk.

my point is i just can't see a world where 10 years from now beasts are still gonna be charging 1,000 dollars for every other limited shoe that comes out and you'd still have to jump through hoops.

The shoes that demand $1000 resell are few and far between.

That's part of the reason I said its dying down.

I like the quality of the 12s myself and think they're an awesome shoe, but if you don't like them and think Nike wasted their time making them then P'[emoji]128244[/emoji] to a thread that will cater to your shoe wearing needs. How many posts can one person make complaining how ugly this line of shoe is and how Nike did us an injustice.

The sports card hobby is alive and well. Just not catered towards kids anymore since most of the valuable cards are autos/game-used relics and pulling those requires buying very expensive hobby boxes/cases
I'm sorry I use the wrong term, I didn't mean to imply that cards aren't worth the paper they're printed on but it's just as "popular" as it once was. Stuff usually starts off calm then everyone jumps on it and it falls back to where only the true enthusiasts are still in to it... Which I think is far off for the shoe game.

maybe i'm just being optimistic like always.

or it's probably because i'm the one guy who honestly gets tired of the shenanigans. 

i ACTUALLY watch anime but the slam dunks were just too much of a hassle to get, and I wasn't gonna pay resale for something that'd look disgusting in about 5 years when time takes it's toll on the clear parts.
I feel you man, most of the times I go after these limited releases to flip because most of them are whack to me but it does suck when I miss out on a shoe I actually wanted to throw on my feet, I just take the good with the bad and move on to the next. 3 releases that I actually wanted to wear this year and missed out were the fragment Benassis, The Moon 90s and that red shoe that dropped Feb. 9th 
mean.gif
 I would love for it to be as easy as it used to be before the pink box SBs, but I won't hold my breath.

The shoes that demand $1000 resell are few and far between.

That's part of the reason I said its dying down.
you're right but recently everyone's trying to squeeze the life out of people for a shoe.

they might be far between in a larger scale but every other day on blogs like ************* you see constant post about the next shoe that's going to be limited.

the fact that people are actually playing the reseller's game and falling for their trickery is insane, sneakerheads can be some of the most ignorant people on the planet.

you literally have broke teenagers flipping shoes that they camped all week for to make money less than what they would make in a minimum wage job, and people actually believe this fake value that has been set by them.

the DSM air pythons are a truly limited shoe but they barely fetch over 450, yet the air yeezy is getting 4-5k..

I feel you man, most of the times I go after these limited releases to flip because most of them are whack to me but it does suck when I miss out on a shoe I actually wanted to throw on my feet, I just take the good with the bad and move on to the next. 3 releases that I actually wanted to wear this year and missed out were the fragment Benassis, The Moon 90s and that red shoe that dropped Feb. 9th 
mean.gif
 I would love for it to be as easy as it used to be before the pink box SBs, but I won't hold my breath.
roll.gif

another example of how ridiculous it's gotten

people are actually trying to resell SANDALS.

i actually liked those too.. 
mean.gif

I've really slowed down on buying sneakers in the last few years.

Between the higher prices, lower quality, and just the ridiculous hassle for a pair of basketball shoes it's just not worth my time.

Maybe I'm just getting old but the process has all become a little lame for me.

Last edited:
How many people have actually pulled a shoe at retail in the last 10 year that fetches over $1000 in the aftermarket? I'd imagine that there can't be too many

I'm sorry I use the wrong term, I didn't mean to imply that cards aren't worth the paper they're printed on but it's just as "popular" as it once was. Stuff usually starts off calm then everyone jumps on it and it falls back to where only the true enthusiasts are still in to it... Which I think is far off for the shoe game.
Gotcha, I agree with your train of thought

Last edited:

The general public knows that these shoes are crap, and then made out of crap, and not worth the price, that's the issue.

Jordan's come out, and people line up and get happy, because even though they are not what they used to be, at least they resemble what they once were.  
mean.gif

I like the quality of the 12s myself and think they're an awesome shoe, but if you don't like them and think Nike wasted their time making them then P'[emoji]128244[/emoji] to a thread that will cater to your shoe wearing needs. How many posts can one person make complaining how ugly this line of shoe is and how Nike did us an injustice.
hit the nail on the head. there are more threads out there, its not lebronxiitalk.com 

i think its obvious that, although it may not be the most coveted lebron sig of all time, most everyone here likes the shoe. why waste your time coming in to this thread just to bash a shoe that you obviously don't like. 

i wasn't even gonna say anything but DAYUM i actually like the kicks, take the hate to a different thread

you're right but recently everyone's trying to squeeze the life out of people for a shoe.

they might be far between in a larger scale but every other day on blogs like ************* you see constant post about the next shoe that's going to be limited.

the fact that people are actually playing the reseller's game and falling for their trickery is insane, sneakerheads can be some of the most ignorant people on the planet.

you literally have broke teenagers flipping shoes that they camped all week for to make money less than what they would make in a minimum wage job, and people actually believe this fake value that has been set by them.

the DSM air pythons are a truly limited shoe but they barely fetch over 450, yet the air yeezy is getting 4-5k..

Yeezy 2's dropped in 2012...

Hype like that doesn't happen everyday.

Someone should've warned us you HAVE to mute this video to have any chance to enjoy it....."the upper...It's like a rubbery fence material".....and he refers to himself as "The Plug" :smh:

Yea I watched the whole thing too :\

Afterwards I should've sent out a warning disclaimer :smh:

I'm about to call Lebron now though and see what other colorways he got for me :stoneface:

Then I died :lol:

I feel you man, most of the times I go after these limited releases to flip because most of them are whack to me but it does suck when I miss out on a shoe I actually wanted to throw on my feet, I just take the good with the bad and move on to the next. 3 releases that I actually wanted to wear this year and missed out were the fragment Benassis, The Moon 90s and that red shoe that dropped Feb. 9th :smh:  I would love for it to be as easy as it used to be before the pink box SBs, but I won't hold my breath.
:rofl:
another example of how ridiculous it's gotten

people are actually trying to resell SANDALS.

i actually liked those too.. :smh:

Honestly, I'm just chiming in on a topic I didn't read a lot of but you have to open your mind. People sell anything and I mean anything if it has any type of value.

I remember my boy selling the Michael jordan gatorades for $30+ on eBay a couple years ago.
People used to pay $50-100 for elite basketball socks that retail for $12-16.
People flip or try to flip the limited edition frozen m3s that were only dropping in quantities of like 100 or 1000 and sold only online.

Honestly, I'm just chiming in on a topic I didn't read a lot of but you have to open your mind. People sell anything and I mean anything if it has any type of value.

I remember my boy selling the Michael jordan gatorades for $30+ on eBay a couple years ago.
People flip or try to flip the limited edition frozen m3s that were only dropping in quantities of like 100 or 1000 and sold only online.
i get it, people are trying to hustle. it's just something that irritates me on occasion. 
ohwell.gif

can't wait for december...
Someone should've warned us you HAVE to mute this video to have any chance to enjoy it....."the upper...It's like a rubbery fence material".....and he refers to himself as "The Plug" :smh:
This fool said "Set to release on December 20th, if they do release" like he got sample of some Lebrons only Lebron has which he made out of his baby christening gown.

memorabilia is where the moneys at but you got to have that years of patience and the right item reselling has destroyed a lot of my hobbies or atleast slowed them down where I use to buy shoes on sale not that's not as often and so I don't quite buy as many my goal is to only do 3regs on the XII

Yep, if there's a market then people will capitalize... I try my best to do it when i can. 
laugh.gif

i get it, people are trying to hustle. it's just something that irritates me on occasion. :\

I understand but that's just how life is. America is built by hustlers to be 1000000% honest. Nothing to really get mad about. A lot of us tend to throw temper tantrums when we don't get what shoes we want like we are supposed to get everything. If we did........

Back
Top Bottom