The Official Nike Zoom Kobe VII Thread Vol. 2 - Home 3/31, Elites and PDFs

Originally Posted by MJGREATXII

So got this years all stars, but striked out on the brons
frown.gif
Feeling sad. Should I splurge by getting some Kobe 7 Cheetah's for 200? is that a good price for them?

Considering they retailed for $180, heck yeah that is a steal.  Look at this way those who had to pay tax plus shipping paid around the same amount if not more.
pimp.gif

Would it be possible to trade a pair of the Cloaks for the all stars? would that be a fair trade?
Mods: I'm not asking for a trade, just simply asking if the value would be even

^^^^^^^^^^^^^MANE,

Jealous but happy someone's got their pairs.  I loved the brons best initially, but KD4s are the best to me now.  If i can find anything near my size I will break bank for 'em.  Still in love with Cannon 9s, and for some reason can't see myself wearing many of the other CWs, but great pick ups and enjoy!

While everyone was trying NDC, EB & JJ(Which all crashed for me) I decided to go to KB24 and they were up! Got mine with no problem at all around 12:10AM. confirmation shortly after.

luckily was able to get a pair at 9:02pm pst from nike.com, after i tried to see if i could add a pair of the lebrons or kds to my cart but the site kept on loading . i heard there were around 1000 people at the nike vault last night and a few hundred at NTSF this morning for the raffle... crazy

^That's a decent trade IMO, even though I'd probably value the Cloaks a bit more personally. ASGs came out at more retail locations and were probably produced in larger quantities. Cloaks as far as I know mainly released at NT/HOH/NDC (NBAStore and KB24 also had them) and some pop & mom stores that ordered them; I don't think Eastbay/FTL/Champs/Finishline ever got them on their site or in store.
I think since the hype is strong right now because it's All Star weekend, the Big Bangs will fetch for more than what they'll end up being worth in the long run. I think Cloaks will be more valuable down the line simply cuz they're more limited and more unique overall since it's the only shoe of its kind so far this year (KDs/Brons/Jordans don't have an iridescent shoe).

copped mine from champs over in pg plaza, but they're definitely sold out. store didn't even open until like 11am. glad i got a pair though, my first kobes. now i'm officially part of the #kobesystem

that line for hohpg was ridiculous, police tape and all. congrats to all who got there's especially in the dmv. you definitely had to work for them.

i still hate nikestore and eastbay (no offense Ray)

i called glendale no phone orders tho lol worth a shot tho so salty over these not 1 store in my state got any of the pack

Congrats to all that got their pairs!
Originally Posted by jonnyybp

So eastbay sold out before midnight? smh
Originally Posted by retro23phan

i tried to add to cart at 8:59 pacific, it said sold out (size 9). eastbay dropped the ball again. straight terrible.
These shoes were limited and there was a high demand for them.  Our website will not allow anymore shoes to be added to the cart if the number of shoes already in the shopping cart/checkout are at the max that we have available at the time of the launch.  So when you have hundreds of people trying to add the same limited item to the cart at the same time, only a small percentage of them will get through.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

For some reason Eastbay has a countdown clock on the All Stars again it's at about 14 hours now.
This was just a glitch.  The shoes are sold out and we are not expecting to receive anymore shipments in.  They have been pulled off our website.

EastbayRep - Ray

Originally Posted by datboi81

copped mine from champs over in pg plaza, but they're definitely sold out. store didn't even open until like 11am. glad i got a pair though, my first kobes. now i'm officially part of the #kobesystem

Funny, I was there at Champs last night. Just lounging at the back of the line cause I heard they were doing that one shoe per customer nonsense.
Managers could of at least told y'all heads that they only got bout 50 pairs total of all three drops. People could of been left & avoided the waste of time. I already knew where I was getting mines from in the morning so I just looked, chuckled & kept it moving.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by EastbayRep

i tried to add to cart at 8:59 pacific, it said sold out (size 9). eastbay dropped the ball again. straight terrible.
These shoes were limited and there was a high demand for them.  Our website will not allow anymore shoes to be added to the cart if the number of shoes already in the shopping cart/checkout are at the max that we have available at the time of the launch.  So when you have hundreds of people trying to add the same limited item to the cart at the same time, only a small percentage of them will get through.
i understand, i find it strange that it sold out even before midnight. then three close friends called and got their pairs at 9:17, 9:23, and 9:38 pacific time, all same size (9). i thought it was all the same inventory, online/calling, along with footlocker.

That explains why I wasn't able to add to cart last night. Sucks, but I like it A LOT better than having to wait mns/hrs for checkout and have it sell out. nice change Eastbay

I think I bought the first pair of Kobes last night. I went to a midnight release in Atlanta at Athletes Foot. They were on that only one pair bull. Luckily the cashier my dude, told the owner I'm a true head, he let me get two, got KDs and Dave Whites. I saw nobody was asking for Kobes, asked to get them since nobody else was, left the store with 3 kicks. Bought a pair of Flight 1 NRGs earlier. Almost got embarrassed though, my card declined because I spent so much yesterday, fraud alert. Took about 5 minutes to fix it.

They will never tell you how many pairs they actually have in hopes that you settle for something different. I have a friend who lives in Central VA I wonder how cazy the release was in Champs there? This was the same Place where he scooped up a pair of the black and yellow 6's for 69.99 at footlocker. I dont know if people liked them as much there or what.

i understand, i find it strange that it sold out even before midnight. then three close friends called and got their pairs at 9:17, 9:23, and 9:38 pacific time, all same size (9). i thought it was all the same inventory, online/calling, along with footlocker.
People still have to wait to checkout, but once the maximum number of shoes have been added to the shopping cart, no one else can add them.  This keeps people from waiting 1+ hours while checking out just to be told they are sold out later.  For example, lets say we have 10 pairs (not real numbers) of size 9 shoes and there are 140 people that want to order them.  Once the shoe releases, only the first 10 people that add the shoes to the cart will be able to keep going, the other 130 people will be told that the shoes are sold out.  Online orders and phone orders are taken from the same inventory, so people calling in are also taking from our inventory.  Adding a shoe to your shopping cart does not guarantee you will get them.

EastbayRep - Ray

its gonna be hard for me to pay 225 when i just copped the xmas joints for 220 which retailed 40 more.......smh

tried my luck at the vault was #285, my boy ended up getting his # called lucked out got my kobes, but not the 9's i let my other boy get his 9's it was the least i can do since i wanted the 7's and it was only one pair of each shoe, on another note if they ddidn't release the foams there all would have been better just too many cats in the crowd of a 1000 ppl wanting to buy foams to sell......

People still have to wait to checkout, but once the maximum number of shoes have been added to the shopping cart, no one else can add them.  This keeps people from waiting 1+ hours while checking out just to be told they are sold out later.  For example, lets say we have 10 pairs (not real numbers) of size 9 shoes and there are 140 people that want to order them.  Once the shoe releases, only the first 10 people that add the shoes to the cart will be able to keep going, the other 130 people will be told that the shoes are sold out.  Online orders and phone orders are taken from the same inventory, so people calling in are also taking from our inventory.  Adding a shoe to your shopping cart does not guarantee you will get them.

EastbayRep - Ray

Is it possible to just have the countdown timer and no phone orders on these limited releases? It's better that everyone's on the same level playing field. I know a lot of people call several minutes in advance of the midnight launch to get one up on the people waiting until the countdown goes to zero.

Back
Top Bottom