The Official Nike Zoom Kobe VII Thread Vol. 2 - Home 3/31, Elites and PDFs

Cloaks were on NDC on restock, had one in my cart but by the time I filled out all the buyer info etc, site crashed after confirming payment. Super fail trying to do all this from a slow phone.

Lol, I was wondering why the pages jumped. Congrats on those who scored on the Cloak re-stock! Here's my pics of the playstrong sleeves that came in today:

-Pete

im still lookimg for a sz 10.5 or 11 in the cloaks, about to pull the trigger on ebay for $250 shipped.

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Originally Posted by QuKtIc

dam you guys must be fiends in wait for restocks. thats the only way to get them. alot of time on your hands and stay on niketwitter all day.
QFT

Seriously, I didn't think the cloaks were going to have a re-stock.

Nike and Twitter marketing is going ham on their shenanigans.~
salt_0310.jpg

That's me for sure.  Third time was not the charm.  Skunked again and more folks getting multiple pairs.  
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by al3x89

Originally Posted by cbfpunch

^ i can. the thing i can't believe is how poorly the 7s perform when each model (from my personal experience) from the 4 has improved.
i went with play fast in my aways last week and while the traction was spot on, towards the end of the night my arches felt so uncomfortable. i thought i either tore something or that i was getting blisters. fortunately, it was neither but it was just scary to even think that that's what happened.
the week before that, i played in my del sol 5s and everything was butter.

in addition to the 7's sub-par performance, the thread is moving so slow because of how expensive both models are, how little variation in cw's kobe's playing in, and how expensive the iD's are with the crappy options and quality we're getting.

aside from the usual release-related and sizing posts, the kobe 4, 5, and 6 threads were filled with glowingly positive experiences/reviews, and pictures. this thread, however, only moves when it's release-related.

the 8 better not disappoint.

well said. 
although i haven't played in the 7's yet (tried on only, and didn't like how they fit), i go by "don't change what isn't broke". the zk6 are PERFECT for me. i have 4 pairs and i'll be adding more. with all the negativity, i don't even have the slightest temptation to go and purchase a pair of the zk7.

and as for the releases, there's not much you can do with a one piece upper nike 
30t6p3b.gif

don't even get me started on nikeid this time around 
laugh.gif

i wish i was you on not getting a pair of 7s lol. i'm already 7 deep with the away supremes, 2 xmas, 3 cloaks, and 1 asg. and i'm still hyped for the away elites
30t6p3b.gif
but after that i'm done with them.

but i have more 5s and 6s because the performance aspect just made them that more appealing for me to get more. the fit, the comfort, the way they looked and felt compelled me to cop more and iD them.

so upset i missed the restock i need that sz 11 in cloaks ... dude on twitter had them for $160 shipped today and nomore then 30 secs later he sed he sold them... i was and still am upset...

Originally Posted by fLiPnOtiZe

Lol, I was wondering why the pages jumped. Congrats on those who scored on the Cloak re-stock! Here's my pics of the playstrong sleeves that came in today:

-Pete

The Cloaks Look Good With The Play Strong Inserts. Nicely Done.

Originally Posted by charles0424

Watching Kobe rock the PDF's the last couple games really got me liking them more and more.......I personally like when players like Kobe and Jordan back in the day wear their GR kicks and not the limited crap all the time!

Photos of Kobe in the PDFs? Haven't caught a game in a while.
And Pete, those sleeves look great, especially in the Cloak and Wolf
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

The orange sleeve in the galaxies don't look as good as I had hoped for.

edit:  possibly with Orange laces..

Flip - nice Attack Strong sleeves pare'!

Congrats to those who scooped up on NDC restock. Of course, this happens after I drop $225 on them lol.

I scooped up some Wolf Grey's today and I have a project in the works.

Results forthcoming
wink.gif

Originally Posted by al3x89

^ i can. the thing i can't believe is how poorly the 7s perform when each model (from my personal experience) from the 4 has improved.
i went with play fast in my aways last week and while the traction was spot on, towards the end of the night my arches felt so uncomfortable. i thought i either tore something or that i was getting blisters. fortunately, it was neither but it was just scary to even think that that's what happened.
the week before that, i played in my del sol 5s and everything was butter.

in addition to the 7's sub-par performance, the thread is moving so slow because of how expensive both models are, how little variation in cw's kobe's playing in, and how expensive the iD's are with the crappy options and quality we're getting.

aside from the usual release-related and sizing posts, the kobe 4, 5, and 6 threads were filled with glowingly positive experiences/reviews, and pictures. this thread, however, only moves when it's release-related.

the 8 better not disappoint.

well said. 
although i haven't played in the 7's yet (tried on only, and didn't like how they fit), i go by "don't change what isn't broke". the zk6 are PERFECT for me. i have 4 pairs and i'll be adding more. with all the negativity, i don't even have the slightest temptation to go and purchase a pair of the zk7.

and as for the releases, there's not much you can do with a one piece upper nike 
30t6p3b.gif

don't even get me started on nikeid this time around 
laugh.gif

i wish i was you on not getting a pair of 7s lol. i'm already 7 deep with the away supremes, 2 xmas, 3 cloaks, and 1 asg. and i'm still hyped for the away elites
30t6p3b.gif
but after that i'm done with them.

but i have more 5s and 6s because the performance aspect just made them that more appealing for me to get more. the fit, the comfort, the way they looked and felt compelled me to cop more and iD them.
I was real negative at first with the VII's too felt way too snug and tight around the sides of my feet.  But after a couple wears they're not too bad, they need to be fully broken in.  I still prefer the V's, but these VII's aren't too bad.  I have only played with the attack fast insole though and they feel ok.  The first time I played with elite socks and got a few blisters on the side of my foot right under my pinky toe.  Second time around gave them another chance and wore regular quarter dri fit socks and were money.   Just give them another shot but try different socks, might help...

Ben Gordon wore some ID VII tonight and nearly had 50 points. I doubt he had any issue with the shoes

^^ i've logged about nearly 20 hours in my pair (3 times playing fast, 3 playing strong) and used nike elite bball socks and thorlo bball socks. the upper and the fit does loosen up a bit, and the traction does get better, but the overall clunkiness from the height the shoe puts my feet above the ground can't be changed. thankfully, i haven't gotten blisters from this shoe but the fit on the medial side is still weird to my feet; and it isn't a psychological thing.

^^sonicboom? I know what you mean. First time I wore dukes, the medial side was killing me. I was limping off the court and quickly changed to lebron ix kentucky's. I've only played in the dukes about 20 hrs as well, the traction is awesome but something still feels off. Gonna try elite socks again this friday, hopefully they feel better. But in same boat as you, disappointed in the VII's. Big time Laker/Kobe fan, but this year have more pairs of Lebron IX's than VII's and I'm from SoCal, haha. Only shoe that looks awesome is the cloak had to double up...

Originally Posted by waverder

doubled up on cloak restocks. $84 x 2 plus free shipping! thx to twiitter! time to rock em for summer time ball

$84? wow that's great man! I didn't try to double up on them. I should have.  Now they may never get any playing time. what a shame.
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom