The Official Nike Zoom Kobe VII Thread Vol. 2 - Home 3/31, Elites and PDFs

Nah what they should've done was redone the design a little like the Lebrons instead of changing into the scales. Make it like a mid-top or something like that.

^ That doesn't sound like a bad idea at all, but I also do like the scales. If anything, they should of ditched the "System" on the Elites and just made it a regular insole and tongue with the Full Length Zoom set up. Why make the insole removable if you're not going to include that Play Strong insert on a $200 dollar shoe?

Had they done that, these would of been the ultimate basketball shoe.

Originally Posted by tomat3

Do the elites feature that interchangeable #!!$*%++ or is it a shoe that you can actually play in for real?

The insole is removable like all of the other VII's, but there's no extra insole included.
What do you mean that you can actually play in? I've heard nothing but good reviews on the VII's once they're actually broken in. Blistering stops, rubber on the insole gets softer etc.

it really goes to show you how some people will buy such a boring shoe (colour blocking on the elites)

nike coulda made the elites all black, put a $200 price tag on it and called them the elites and most of you would still go
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i'm pretty sure nike feels this way and is now laughing at everyone. there was very little effort into make the elites.

put a limited tag, give it a weird name or make it an absurd price and people will buy.

i'm just smh because this tells nike that they can continue pulling this #+%@. look at the zk4/zk5.. amazing colourways. we hit the zk6 and they decided to try something new.. 1 piece upper and a boring grinch colourway (don't even argue and tell me it was good because making a shoe 1 colour is not creative at all) and look at what happened. they're gonna continue doing this BS because you guys keep buying into the "hype" and boring colourways.

never thought i'd say this but in terms of looks, the lebron 9 > kobe 7 and it's not even close..

i'd jump ship but i just love how the kobe's perform.

just my 2cents

Originally Posted by Wayne141

Just FYI for anyone looking for the ROTDs/YOTDs, there are definitely a few fakes floating around on eBay, so you gotta be careful before you cop and don't get caught sleepin. A couple are pretty obvious to spot because they didn't even have the right box. All the authentic release pairs should say "Nike Zoom Kobe VII Supreme X" (the X signifies XDR which is Xtra Durable Rubber on the outsoles and comes standard on a lot of pairs of sneakers in Asia because they play on outdoor courts more often) and come in a Supreme box, but the fakes just say "Nike Zoom Kobe VII" and come in just a Play Fast box (the smaller one without the second set of insoles). If the price listed is too good to be true, it might not be the real deal...
          ^^ good looking out man. YOTD's should average around 280-320 if not more and mostly come from asia too. i saw a fake pair thats really close to the real one w the right box also. what gives it away is it comes w 1 insole for both the attack fast and attack strong. both attack fast and attack strong comes w a white rubber string (garter) which i believe to be inserted below the insole.

no more Elite CW's for the kobe's. smh... just release the volts, YOTD's and the bright orange pairs to resurrect the VII's again.

that's how I feel about the Elites but didn't wanna do a complete write-up. lol It's like how many didn't like the Aces or any other cw but these are acceptable? It's their money I guess.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by al3x89

it really goes to show you how some people will buy such a boring shoe (colour blocking on the elites)

nike coulda made the elites all black, put a $200 price tag on it and called them the elites and most of you would still go
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i'm pretty sure nike feels this way and is now laughing at everyone. there was very little effort into make the elites.

put a limited tag, give it a weird name or make it an absurd price and people will buy.

i'm just smh because this tells nike that they can continue pulling this #+%@. look at the zk4/zk5.. amazing colourways. we hit the zk6 and they decided to try something new.. 1 piece upper and a boring grinch colourway (don't even argue and tell me it was good because making a shoe 1 colour is not creative at all) and look at what happened. they're gonna continue doing this BS because you guys keep buying into the "hype" and boring colourways.

never thought i'd say this but in terms of looks, the lebron 9 > kobe 7 and it's not even close..

just my 2cents
I find it funny how you mention people buying into the hype and then go onward to mention Lebron's. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

I find it funny how you mention people buying into the hype and then go onward to mention Lebron's. 
laugh.gif

Agree..but I also think anyone mentioning buying into hype should really try and understand that hype is essential.  Hype helped build everything we know.  Hype helped define the shoes we rock, the teams we represent, the movies we watch, I could go on and on.  Hype brought this thread to 460 and some odd pages...c'mon now Hype Haters...

I tried playing in my Del Sols last night (Play fast). Wasn't enough cushion and I didn't have the play strong with me. So I switched back to my Lebron IX after the first game. I love kobe and his shoes, but have not found a better shoe for MY FOOT, than the Lebron IX. But I know each foot is different. At 220lbs, I need the cushion...

Originally Posted by PB3

Ok. As promised, here are pics of my Elites. There is no post processing on these pics. I had to get them shot and downloaded before my 3 year old found me. My external flash was low on battery power so the lighting was a complete mess.
After further inspection I noticed what looks like the carbon fiber was bonded on two spots for each of my shoes. It looks like where the heel cup begins to arch is where the seam lines appear. There is one bond on the left shoe that is a little more noticeable that any of the others. I'm not saying this is the case for every Elite out there. Hell, I probably just have a crappy set
laugh.gif
. I understand some of us are more maticulous than others so I hope these photos help those who want to know what we were talking about earlier. These seam lines don't bother me much. They are hardly noticeable, but then again this is strictly my opinion.

Left Shoe:

Right Shoe:
Same thing happened to my homes. Its only noticeable when I stare at them. I admit, it did bug me for a while, but I can't return them. My spot sold out already.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

just my 2cents
laugh.gif

i know what you're thinking.. but let me clarify something.
i don't buy GR because a shoe is "limited" or whatever, i only ID shoes. i'll only buy GR to be my test dummy on the court then purchase some IDs. in fact, idgaf what lebrons or kobe's release. there have been times where i've said "oh.. okay those are pretty nice but i rather just ID a pair"..

let's be real here.. the lebrons have WAY better colour blocking than the zk7. what does that mean? well, more options on IDs and GR's. the zk7's are boring, there's only so much you can do with a 1 piece upper (and while the PDF print is okay, it's nothing crazy. neither is 2 tone or gradient) 

i only have the dukes so i can test them out on the court. i'm still debating on whether or not to ID them..

and again, what's so special about the elites? they're just black with a gold swoosh.. nothing special whatsoever. and don't tell me performance cause i know the majority of the ppl in this thread don't and wouldn't purchase the elites for $200 to ball in them.

all this talk about the lines in the carbon fiber got me real insecure! I'm going to reinspect my homes and see if its something I can live with. Its only the left shoe. I'd return if I could get another pair, but i can't, unless I cop from Niketown and switch with a good pair. I dont want to do that.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

just my 2cents
laugh.gif

i know what you're thinking.. but let me clarify something.
i don't buy GR because a shoe is "limited" or whatever, i only ID shoes. i'll only buy GR to be my test dummy on the court then purchase some IDs. in fact, idgaf what lebrons or kobe's release. there have been times where i've said "oh.. okay those are pretty nice but i rather just ID a pair"..

let's be real here.. the lebrons have WAY better colour blocking than the zk7. what does that mean? well, more options on IDs and GR's. the zk7's are boring, there's only so much you can do with a 1 piece upper (and while the PDF print is okay, it's nothing crazy. neither is 2 tone or gradient) 

i only have the dukes so i can test them out on the court. i'm still debating on whether or not to ID them..

and again, what's so special about the elites? they're just black with a gold swoosh.. nothing special whatsoever. and don't tell me performance cause i know the majority of the ppl in this thread don't and wouldn't purchase the elites for $200 to ball in them.

I posted a page back what I felt about the Elites. I never disagreed with your original comment, I just found it funny how you can try and call people out on hype when that's what the Lebron line is all about. Dudes are already looking forward to paying $350 or whatever the X+ are going to cost without even seeing them.
Kobe VII's have been disappointing. I'm one of the members that are always complaining about how Nike dropped the ball with the VII.

I don't care about Lebron or his shoes though, so I can care less what if the colorways on the IX's are better than the VII's.

xsalvioutlawx wrote:
I posted a page back what I felt about the Elites. I never disagreed with your original comment, I just found it funny how you can try and call people out on hype when that's what the Lebron line is all about. Dudes are already looking forward to paying $350 or whatever the X+ are going to cost without even seeing them.
Kobe VII's have been disappointing. I'm one of the members that are always complaining about how Nike dropped the ball with the VII.

I don't care about Lebron or his shoes though, so I can care less what if the colorways on the IX's are better than the VII's.

The Lebron line is all hype? Why? Because so many like them? I'm a huge fan of the IX's, since the days the first pictures leaked. Its a great shoe. Comfort and nice CW's. Nothing to do with hype for me. You have guys who cant stand LBJ but copped because the shoe is great.

There's nothing wrong with saying Lebron IX > Kobe VII, because its the truth. I like both but LBJ got everyone this year. JP killed it in every way.

Originally Posted by ppeter

elite owners...are these true to size? thank you.
it fits the same as the other VII's for me, maybe SLIGHTLY more snug around the ankles. I could go up a full size and half in VII's (from Jordans) and still feel good. I have wide feet though.

I wear 10.5 in J's, 11 in LBJ IX, and 11/11.5/and even 12 in Kobe VII's.

I dont hate Lebron. I dislike him. Im a Lakers and Kobe fan at heart, yet I ball in the LBJ IX because it is an amazing shoe.

Lebron's shoe is not hype. Give it a try before you bash it.

Sorry, let me rephrase my statement. The majority of Lebron heads are hype beasts IMO. If that doesn't refer to you than it shouldn't bother you.

I never said anything about the performance of the Lebron IX. How could I bash the performance of a shoe when I've never worn a pair to ball in?

It doesn't bother me that people prefer the Lebron IX's to the Kobe's, but regardless you wont catch me wearing a pair. That's just me.

Originally Posted by casper90403

The Lebron line is all hype? Why? Because so many like them? I'm a huge fan of the IX's, since the days the first pictures leaked. Its a great shoe. Comfort and nice CW's. Nothing to do with hype for me. You have guys who cant stand LBJ but copped because the shoe is great.

There's nothing wrong with saying Lebron IX > Kobe VII, because its the truth. I like both but LBJ got everyone this year. JP killed it in every way.

laugh.gif

It seemed like Nike really wanted the Lebrons to sell with this model.

Yet all the colorways are still sitting like always.

Nike did give Lebron the Kobe IV/V colorway treatment.

Very weird but seems like they wanted the Kobe line to take a backseat with this model especially the colorways.

Even KDs are going off the colorway hype.

Lebrons realistically are hideous.

The colorways the Lebron IXs got are ridiculous 
eek.gif

Hornets aka Kobe Draft Days

Black Yellows aka Kobe V Bruce Lee's 

SMH
mad.gif

And Lebron got lows too 
laugh.gif

Sorry, let me rephrase my statement. The majority of Lebron heads are hype beasts IMO. If that doesn't refer to you than it shouldn't bother you.

I never said anything about the performance of the Lebron IX. How could I bash the performance of a shoe when I've never worn a pair to ball in?

It doesn't bother me that people prefer the Lebron IX's to the Kobe's, but regardless you wont catch me wearing a pair. That's just me.
Alright then. Many will agree and disagree with you. Thats the great thing about shoes. Not all shoes are for everyone. I just dont understand why the majority of Lebron heads are hype beasts though. I think we can say that about a lot of lines, in these times. I do agree more and more heads are jumping on the band wagon. Most of the usual IX fans in that thread were the ones who liked it from day 1. I just tend to find that people who dislike a certain shoe automatically call those who favor them hypebeasts. We dont agree there. Cool though. I respect it.

And to Noelair24, where do you live that all colorways are still sitting on shelves? Of course you'll see 3-4 less popular ones sitting around.

l
Originally Posted by Noelair24

Originally Posted by casper90403

laugh.gif

It seemed like Nike really wanted the Lebrons to sell with this model.

Yet all the colorways are still sitting like always.

Nike did give Lebron the Kobe IV/V colorway treatment.

Very weird but seems like they wanted the Kobe line to take a backseat with this model especially the colorways.

Even KDs are going off the colorway hype.

Lebrons realistically are hideous.

The colorways the Lebron IXs got are ridiculous 
eek.gif

Hornets aka Kobe Draft Days

Black Yellows aka Kobe V Bruce Lee's 

SMH
mad.gif

And Lebron got lows too 
laugh.gif

every lebron model if im not mistaken got a low as well.  i had a pair of lows from back in the day from him.  i like the design of the lebrons, and im tempted to play in them, i just dont wanna mess up the 2 pairs i have tho lol mangos and osu's

just got my elites in the mail from sneakerhead. the heel clip is the same as the pair with the series of pictures. unfortunately, the medial side of the heels of my pair aren't even symmetrical! i'll take pics later. these are definitely going back. smh.

Back
Top Bottom