The Official Nike Zoom Kobe VII Thread Vol. 2 - Home 3/31, Elites and PDFs

Originally Posted by ohboydanny

If these supposedly won't be worn until the finals, why is Nike releasing them so early? Makes absolutely no sense. If Kobe was rocking these tomorrow, I would've copped both with no hesitation. At the very least, we should've got a POP this year.

I never understood why some people won't buy a particular cw unless Kobe wears them.  I saw one poster write that the Lakers pdf looked hideous.  Then when Kobe wore them he wrote those look good on his feet.  Obviously it's nice when he wears them but shouldn't be the reaason why you won't buy a particular cw.

^well for some of us, our interest in sneakers is tied directly to basketball moreso than from a casual standpoint, so seeing a player hoop in a shoe makes that colorway more appealing than a colorway that wont see the court because its ties to to basketball, and that player, are less obvious. hope that makes sense...

Originally Posted by KB24strikesagain

If these supposedly won't be worn until the finals, why is Nike releasing them so early? Makes absolutely no sense. If Kobe was rocking these tomorrow, I would've copped both with no hesitation. At the very least, we should've got a POP this year.

I never understood why some people won't buy a particular cw unless Kobe wears them.  I saw one poster write that the Lakers pdf looked hideous.  Then when Kobe wore them he wrote those look good on his feet.  Obviously it's nice when he wears them but shouldn't be the reaason why you won't buy a particular cw.

Don't get me wrong, I like the elites but not at 200. I've idolized Kobe since I was a kid so watching him kill in a particular pair a shoes could easily be the deciding factor that pushes me towards purchasing. Now there are some shoes that no matter what he did in them, I would never cop and then there are some that he didn't hoop in that I absolutely love (chaos Vi's were my favorite pick up last year).

Only one at the mall.... Well besides my son, security, and the old people walking around
laugh.gif

Planned to cop the black ones but decided to pass. I see the Kobes are still available. Might be tempted to pick em up if they're still sitting online later. But must resist lol. 

Just to inform everyone on the carbon fiber issue posted earlier... im assuming they are all like that. I had someone at house of hoops show me like 5 pairs and all of them were like that. Smh at nike at the quality... enough said..

Don't get me wrong, I like the elites but not at 200. I've idolized Kobe since I was a kid so watching him kill in a particular pair a shoes could easily be the deciding factor that pushes me towards purchasing. Now there are some shoes that no matter what he did in them, I would never cop and then there are some that he didn't hoop in that I absolutely love (chaos Vi's were my favorite pick up last year).

You're going to be upset then because he did ball in the Chaos VI's
laugh.gif

Pix of Aways are looking good fellas. I passed (for now). Kinda low on funds after buying some camera equipment. Hopefully they'll still be around.

went to my local HOH Foot Locker and after seeing these in person there is NO WAY I was spending $200 on these 
sick.gif

Originally Posted by proto onslaught

do the elites come with the play strong insert?

Some like these are still available on NDC and east bay

Elites are play fast only.

You're going to be upset then because he did ball in the Chaos VI's
laugh.gif

Welp, looks like I like them a little bit more now then,
laugh.gif

Yeah I'm assuming that's how they bond the carbon fiber. Maybe they couldn't
do a molded curved CF... but with all these objections to quality, at $200, you should
be getting the best freaking shoe in the world. Hell, APL had tremendous quality.
just saying they need to make us believe or else soon enough we won't buy into
the hype anymore and stick to lower end pairs.

Thanks for the response everyone

I haven't been following the Kobe VIIs. not a fan of the shoe compared to the V and VI

wow. no pics or comments about anyone copping the homes yet? lol

i bought the aways but came in hopin to see some pics of the homes.

on a sidenote: arrived @ HOH MD to cop this mornin @ maybe 5:10 and no one was lined up. I was runnin late so i thought i was SOL. only 5 heads were lined up @ 5. everyone in line was sayin they were surprised no one was out there... guess the price tag and the fact that they were black or white was a turnoff for some...

I'm not a Kobe fan at all, appreciate his game, just don't care for him for whatever reason.  Never owned a pair of Kobe's but I love these homes.  I had $120 in giftcards so was able to cop for $94.  Ordered from ndc and am excited to get them in the mail this week. 

Homes suck with the piss yellow flywire, and aways suck with the messed up cf heel and diagonal scale pattern...

hate to say it, but Lebron wins again... at least its off the court lol.

Originally Posted by jbsnoop

I'm not a Kobe fan at all, appreciate his game, just don't care for him for whatever reason.  Never owned a pair of Kobe's but I love these homes.  I had $120 in giftcards so was able to cop for $94.  Ordered from ndc and am excited to get them in the mail this week. 
so you have to be a fan of certain player, etc in order to appreciate the technology behind the shoes and buy the shoes ?

No wonder consumer are sheep

Originally Posted by s dubl

Homes suck with the piss yellow flywire, and aways suck with the messed up cf heel and diagonal scale pattern...

hate to say it, but Lebron wins again... at least its off the court lol.

Hate the Lebron elites...hate! Like the regular Lebrons though.  The yellow flywire has me a bit concerned.  Want to get mine and see how much it stands out.  If it's not to my liking I will return and probably chalk the wolfs. To each his own...

Back
Top Bottom