The Official Nike Zoom Kobe VII Thread Vol. 2 - Home 3/31, Elites and PDFs

Originally Posted by Sk33terMcG33

Can we go ahead and call the whole "Elite" thing a big flop? I know it is still early, but let's be real here. Kobe doesn't even rock them anymore. KD apparently had one made for him and he didn't even give them a chance. LeBron is the only one wearing them, and his shoes cost $250. To put that into perspective, I just copped a pair of SLHs for about $115, so you're telling me the Elite's are really that great that I can only buy one pair of those but I could've gotten 2 pairs (if available) of the SLHs?

While I am not denying the technology in the shoes and how great they may feel and all that, I'm just saying the way things have panned out for the Elites has been less than stellar. Not to mention, we may not actually see the versions released to the public in the NBA Finals (w/ Bron prolly getting bounced this round and Kobe definitely getting bounced this round lol).

Thoughts?
i kind of agree, but they're still gonna sell for more than they actually costed Nike, so that is no issue for them. hopefully it hints to them that we should not have to be paying that much for a shoe that is not that special.

Originally Posted by Mourf83

nikestore.fr got the cheetahs for 135 E

link
nerd.gif

I'd be suprised if the Elites hit the outlets in mass at the prices yall are saying. Because you have to remember they arent a full GR. (They only released at Champs Sports in my area).

I think they may hit some outlets at the $150 range. I'd buy them at that price and I'm sure a few other people would too.

$150 is a fair price tbh. Like paying for zk6 Rice/Chaos except there's
tons of carbon fiber and full length zoom.

I might however, just get the supreme del sols/concords at a good price.
I sincerely love the play strong cushioning. like pillows.

too bad kobe not gonna wear those elite gold
30t6p3b.gif
they will drop the prize for elites pack for sure

Funny thing is, I think I saw lebron wear the Elites with gold...
Nike's full of sh**....

18358588155ca6e0d042268cf744463c-getty-144902849.jpg

de4dc2152d18bfe856c2e73d4e994730-getty-144911820.jpg

Nike clearly lied about the gold thing. There is no reason as well to keep Kobe from wearing the gold elites
because if he wears 'em, it would sell better. Weird as hell.

Does anyone else have sort of a bubbling on the back of their shoe.
on mmy Galaxays underneath the snake and under neath the orange peak of the inside of the shoe. on that black part right before the bottom sole. I notice a bubbling and that part being really soft.
almost like you can feel whatever materal it was packed with but it wasn't packed.

Yeah, Nike must have been saying that because 2 out of the 3 sig shoes they have (bron, kobe, KD) were unworn by the players they were meant for. Bron is the only one that has been rocking them consistently. So instead of Nike saying "yeah, our star players won't even wear their elites" they said "NBA won't allow the Gold on the shoes to be rocked." Don't believe everything you read/hear/see people, especially when its Nike people disseminating the info.

Originally Posted by kobeoverbron

Nike's full of sh**....

Nike clearly lied about the gold thing. There is no reason as well to keep Kobe from wearing the gold elites
Can't it be that Nike is willing to pay the fine like they did for Jordan?

Nike is just putting out info, to not hurt the sales/hype of their product. We all know that Lebron hardly ever wears the colors made for Public. He gotta have his "PE" , something lame like different color laces, or swoosh.
I think that is one of the biggest things in generating consumer demand, the "athlete" has to actually wear the shoe...

Lebron shoes are better quality then the RETRO Jordans that are being sold. But Jordans have insatiable demand, one of the biggest factors being you can goto the store and buy the shoe that MJ wore and kicked @$! with. 

GLAD to see Kobe making a last ditch effort to push sales!! 

IDs, Cheetahs, I wonder what's next.. YOTD?

Originally Posted by Skip2MyLou23

Nike's full of sh**....

Can't it be that Nike is willing to pay the fine like they did for Jordan?

Man Nike was straight up lying for the sake of telling a story!

You really think the NBA cares especially if they let Ty Lawson wear the Mango Lebron 9, that totally doesnt match his uniform but then trip if Kobe wears a predominately Black or white shoe with a gold accent?!?

Nike's full of sh**....

He wore them yesterday so that they can bring up the sales on them for Nike. I would be surprised if Kobe wear the Elites tonight also.

Is it pretty much a fact that there are uniform rules that results in fines if not followed? Also, is it black shoes for away games and white shoes for home games?

8581656c899647522c147e8250fee040b3d00707_r.jpg

Broke these out for the home win (this Kobe 7 jacket is dope, will take another pic with a better camera, this was a phone pic).  I will post a picture of my whole collection of Kobe 7 shoes and jackets later. These Concords are such an underrated color.

Back
Top Bottom