The Official Nike Zoom Kobe VII Thread Vol. 2 - Home 3/31, Elites and PDFs

Originally Posted by kobeoverbron

Nah... Thabo wore the zk6 FINALS... smfh!
Got the del sols for cheap. Got rid of my Xmas edition right away
but I guess I still needed one pair for the collection. sized .5 up as
well since I want to actually be able to use them. So disappointed in
this sig BUT I gotta admit they look really good. can't believe there
are paint chips already right off the box along with some other deformities.
the creasing is insane as well. oh well. my new beaters.

i'm done with these shoes.. i was playing today and my heal was slipping in the shoe itself (not heal slip) because the extra layer (the one you pealed off to reveal the stamp regarding material used) kept sliding. SMDH. i can glue it but +*# nike?
gonna try the KD4's for ball and i'm even considering the lebrons but i know i won't like airmax because i want a shoe low to the ground.

Originally Posted by geoff2005

question i bought a VNDS pair supposedly and the sole barely glows, the light has to be pitch black to see some decent glowing, is that normal or did i get ripped off? i heard kobe glow isnt as good as KD or lebron but is it that %%%#$%?
Ya that is absolutely normal. I feel like my big bangs, foams and kobes lack the glowing of their soles compared to the flight ones! The flight ones light up!! 

Hmm...So I emailed DSS about the "dark knights" I placed an order for and never received a response about the SKU#s . I see that they have the USA colorway on the site now as well.. Any else that placed an order hear from them?

I went tts but if you have kinda wide feet ive heard people say to go .5 size up. Break in period blows but after a few days of wearing them and playing they feel great.

Originally Posted by Dat Piff

Originally Posted by bluesnickers

Originally Posted by Skip2MyLou23

Not at all. Why would you think it would be that crazy?

I don't know. I can't understand why some shoes are impossible to get, likeI wanted kd iv easter really bad for retail but didn't get them. Isn't usa color waySomewhat special? I want them and just wanted ask around here to experts andBe ready.
As far as I know they shouldn't be too hard to get.  USA's aren't getting any hype like the Big Bangs or MVs, at least I haven't heard any so they should be an easy cop.
thanks for the info.  So what are some rare cw for kobe vii?  I guess cheetah is one of them.  Any new cws I should look out for?

I am glad they are putting out the 7s in normal cheetah colors. I would have definitely gotten a pair and been happy if I hadn't gotten the xmas pair.

Originally Posted by subass1

i rarely do this, but here is my small Kobe VII collection:

347d8ir.jpg

2j3i549.jpg
Nice stuff man....Especially them cloaks...
pimp.gif

I find that I like the home elites more from looking at the pictures, but in person the away elites do it for me. I'm just waiting on some sort of price drop out here. Sweet collections up there guys.

Did anyone else notice that the laces for the Kobe All Stars are flat laces instead of the oval laces? I wonder why they went with flat laces for those?

Originally Posted by AIR J XIII

Originally Posted by Sk33terMcG33

For heel lockdown do y'all use a runner's loop when you tie em up? I used to have problems with both the VI and VII but then saw someone posted how to lace em up differently I.e. runners loop.

Google it, definitely helps w/ heel lockdown issues
tried it last year with the vi but it didn't work for me. tried it with the 7 and it didn't work as well.
Kobe 4 and 5 had perfect lockdown for me.
do you tap your heel on the ground to push your foot all the way back before you lace up?
yep, I've been doing that. been having better lockdown lately so I guess I just needed to break them in.
Been a long time since I wore 7s (sold 3 my pairs of Xmases after a bad experience on durability)
but right now I think I'm appreciating them more because of how cheap I got them.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by kob8

Nice stuff man....Especially them cloaks...
pimp.gif
wutever dude, I dont care how much you like them now Mr. 2000 and late... your'e still not getting a pass for saying "eh, they are ok" when they came out.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ptballer

Hmm...So I emailed DSS about the "dark knights" I placed an order for and never received a response about the SKU#s . I see that they have the USA colorway on the site now as well.. Any else that placed an order hear from them?
I ordered two pair of USA's.. what did you want to know? I always order from them, their prices are unreal..wish they had every drop I wouldn't buy anywhere else..
smokin.gif

question i bought a VNDS pair supposedly and the sole barely glows, the light has to be pitch black to see some decent glowing, is that normal or did i get ripped off? i heard kobe glow isnt as good as KD or lebron but is it that %%%#$%?
You need to 'charge' them in some form of light source. All GITD products contain phosphors. The Kobe and LeBron ASGs this year contain only zinc sulfide while the KD ASGs have strontium aluminate...
Nerd Alert!

Originally Posted by al3x89

i'm done with these shoes.. i was playing today and my heal was slipping in the shoe itself (not heal slip) because the extra layer (the one you pealed off to reveal the stamp regarding material used) kept sliding. SMDH. i can glue it but +*# nike?
gonna try the KD4's for ball and i'm even considering the lebrons but i know i won't like airmax because i want a shoe low to the ground.
haha! Don't do this man! You were the one that changed my mind about these so I got .5 size up and they actually feel better like you said...
but yeah, too many stuff going wrong with this shoe and I know we're this picky because of how awesome the 4,5 and 6 were.
loving the Lunar insert. absolutely comfy casually and to work out.

KD4s suck man. get the KD3s instead. they don't feel as stiff and cardboard-y. KD3s are beasts imo.

Originally Posted by sniper

You need to 'charge' them in some form of light source. All GITD products contain phosphors. The Kobe and LeBron ASGs this year contain only zinc sulfide while the KD ASGs have strontium aluminate...
Nerd Alert!
wow this post is crazy nerdy bro.
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

How did you know about the chemical composition though? Does that explain why the KD4s glow brighter?

Originally Posted by al3x89

KD's are horrible.  I've worn them 4x and every time I get a cut on my pinky toe.  I have normal width feet, but they're too narrow.  LBJ IX are good beaters for indoor/outdoor, they aren't too bad once you break them in.  Same with the Kobe VII.  How many times have you worn your VII's?  Took me about a week to break in wearing casually and my first run in them got blisters with elite socks.  After that they been 
pimp.gif

Nerd Alert!
wow this post is crazy nerdy bro.
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

How did you know about the chemical composition though? Does that explain why the KD4s glow brighter?
Haha! Undergrad & medical school, bro. You truly learn a lot of random crap...
As for knowing the compositions, I just deduced the hues of the soles themselves. Strontium aluminate gives off green & aqua hues while products containing zinc sulfide are usually diluted with other substances to be more cost effective. That's why you can place all three in the sun for the exact amount of time and the KDs will out-glow and outlast the other two...

Spoiler [+]
themoreyouknow.jpg

Nerd Alert!
i charged it in bathroom light for a good 2 mins and the glow was non existent. I think my eyes strained more trying to see the glow than trying to walk around in a dark room. It glowed but very disappointing.... why would they not put strontium aluminate with the brons and kobe.... nike....

I wore my VIIs everyday to for basketball workouts for a week before I could put them on and feel immediate comfort. Made me wonder whether or not Kobe had a new pair for each game, because if so, his feet had to be killing him lol!

After the one week of Hell, if you will, the Lunar insert felt like butter. It may have been different for me though because I have custom orthotic inserts to give me a better arch for my naturally flat feet, and that had to break in with the shoe, as well.

As a former chem major turned electrical engineer, I appreciate the nerd talk, lol!

USA's are a must for me, preferably under retail on sale or just with a bday coupon. Also impatiently waiting on Home Elites to go on sale...got a 15% ndc code waiting for when they finally get marked down...nice collection pics back there!

-Pete

Back
Top Bottom