The Official Nike Zoom Kobe VII Thread Vol. 2 - Home 3/31, Elites and PDFs

Originally Posted by kobeoverbron

It's really hard to top the awesome run from zk4-zk6.
good looks, fair durability (the zk6 are tanks) and top 10 performance
sneakers of all time more or less.
But with the price and the experience of Kobe's team, you would think they
would at least be at the same level as the past sigs. but no, it was a step down.
Again, it's hard to follow up the zk4-zk6, but the 7 is just sad.

I really hope the elites blow us away. That's all I'm looking for right now.

I havent played in my VIIs yet but I thought the VI was horrible for Basketball( great to lounge around in but bad for playing) So different people have different opinions. 

But it wouldnt suprise me with Nike if the Elites were the real performance winner this year. They'll probably add some gimmick like bigger zoom in the heel with cushlon/lunarlon in the forefoot. Or it will be a 2k4ish cut shoe with some"premium" durable material.

I will say this, A LOT of nba players still wear the VI's, even Kobes team mates Darius Morris and Jason Kapono wear sixes despite seeing his team mates in the past wear his current signature shoe. Hmmm

Originally Posted by josh24

I will say this, A LOT of nba players still wear the VI's, even Kobes team mates Darius Morris and Jason Kapono wear sixes despite seeing his team mates in the past wear his current signature shoe. Hmmm
it's cause kapono and morris aren't qualified for the kobe system... they at the bottom on the pyramid....
roll.gif

Originally Posted by jQQQQQ

Originally Posted by Zyzz

so how are these to ball with honestly? looking for opinions from actual ballers.

Dang I was writing a decent explanation and my laptop crapped out.  Here's the cliffs from one 2 hour session of hooping in the Play Strong insole.

Pros:
-Traction was solid.  It might have been the gym floor that day because it's usually pretty slippery but I felt confident in them.
-Solid support.  Feels weird at first but once you get used to it it's pretty good.
-The sleeve looks cool as heck.

Cons:
-Blistering could be a problem if you wear it too long.  I hope it's just a break-in period but i had light blistering on the arch of my foot. Luckily I had some Elites on.
-It's pretty painful to break in.  Bout to hoop in them tomorrow so hopefully they'll be broken in a little better and don't hurt as much.

Hope it helps!
totally agree with the blistering and break in problem!!!! they felt great trying them on but on the court is a different story... played in my xmas' for about 2 and a half hours but wasn't able to really play hard as my feet hurt the whole time!!! i used both inserts and thick socks that i always use to play ball in! really disappointed in these.... hopefully the next time will be much better!

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

would at least be at the same level as the past sigs. but no, it was a step down.

I havent played in my VIIs yet but I thought the VI was horrible for Basketball( great to lounge around in but bad for playing) So different people have different opinions. 

But it wouldnt suprise me with Nike if the Elites were the real performance winner this year. They'll probably add some gimmick like bigger zoom in the heel with cushlon/lunarlon in the forefoot. Or it will be a 2k4ish cut shoe with some"premium" durable material.
Yeah, you're right about that. Different strokes for different folks. But still, durability is universal.
At least make a $180 shoe last a day.
laugh.gif

people will say "I've balled in mine for 4 games now" yeah.. sure.
but will it last the normal lifespan? balled hard in the zk6/zk5 and they
don't crumble after 1 day/3games
laugh.gif

And yeah, these REALLY feel great casually.

I had durability issues with my 4(Carpe Diem) and 5s(BL and USA) after using them for like 4-6 games, the last lacehole always rips off up untill it reaches the sockliner and I dont know the reason why. None happened in any of my 6s and SO FAR with my 7s.

that happens when you don't tie the laces properly or if you tie it a certain way.
when you move, the lace (knot you made) will rub the lining resulting in rips.

and that's not even the point. they're cheaper. If you raise the price, people expect
more. We shouldn't compare these to "lower end" sneaks.

Haven't worn my Christmas KB VII, now I'm concerned that they won't last once I'm done. Thinking about tossing them on eBay and hoping for the best. I will never wear the play strong (since I wouldn't ball in that expensive of a shoe), maybe once they hit the sale rack, but that's 10 months out or so.

Anyone else change their mind seeing the durability issues?

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Yeah, you're right about that. Different strokes for different folks. But still, durability is universal.
At least make a $180 shoe last a day.
laugh.gif

people will say "I've balled in mine for 4 games now" yeah.. sure.
but will it last the normal lifespan? balled hard in the zk6/zk5 and they
don't crumble after 1 day/3games
laugh.gif

And yeah, these REALLY feel great casually.

hearing this makes me sad. i really like how the zk7 look but i use the shoes for ball, not to walk around in 
frown.gif

i'm stalking up on zk6 IDs though, as much as my funds will let me

also gonna try to grab a few pairs from the outlet that i can beat to the ground on some days rather than destroying my IDs all at once 
laugh.gif

I have had no issues with my Kobe VII (Xmas) after using them for like 7 games + some practices!!!
smile.gif

But still Kobe V >>>>>>

Originally Posted by kobe8is

I have had no issues with my Kobe VII (Xmas) after using them for like 7 games + some practices!!!
smile.gif

But still Kobe V >>>>>>

same thing for me.  I've worn my xmas pair for a few games now and have had zero problems.......but i can't wait to get my new V's in later this week, easily the best model imo

That's because Kobe is still promoting them. You will see more people with the VII's later on in the year. Just as other players did with the IV's, V's and VI's.
It took awhile for NBA players to wear the VI's, now everyone wears them.

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

That's because Kobe is still promoting them. You will see more people with the VII's later on in the year. Just as other players did with the IV's, V's and VI's.

Yeah, I think everyone else starts wearing them after the all star game..

Originally Posted by carbonsilver

I'm certain Kapono wore concord VIIs one game earlier in the season with the play fast insole, tried looking for a pic but there aren't many of him.

Originally Posted by deftronix

Originally Posted by carbonsilver

I'm certain Kapono wore concord VIIs one game earlier in the season with the play fast insole, tried looking for a pic but there aren't many of him.

Yeah he did but he wears the same size shoe as Kobe does

136296243.jpg

And Ebanks wore the Christmas VIIs but who knows he may wear the same size as Kobe does?

I cant imagine them all hating the Kobe VIIs

Anyone else dissapointed with the zoom bags in the VIIs? The Forefoot one makes the shoe very inflexible and the heel being bottom loaded almost defeats the point imo. Going to have to remove the forefoot one, They should have stuck with the met Bag Which is Kobes Preference.

while looking thru the 30 random pics my little cousin took at the park while i shot around he managed to take this

Back
Top Bottom