The Official Nike Zoom Kobe VII Thread Vol. 2 - Home 3/31, Elites and PDFs

Originally Posted by kobeoverbron

Originally Posted by jQQQQQ

After my second and third time hooping in them I'm really loving them. The blister problem still occurs though so I might put a band-aid on it next time I use those. Trying out the play fast next time!
why would you even consider playing in a shoe that gives you blisters?
eek.gif

over and over again.
frown.gif
Haha it wasn't too big of a blister and I really like the cushioning.  Thought the problem would go away if I broke them in but it was still happening.  Trying the playfast soon, hopefully no problems!

Where are the blisters forming at? I don't see how changing the insole would alleviate the problem. What kind of socks are you wearing?

Originally Posted by al3x89

Originally Posted by UrN0tLike

I'd like to know how he was able to debut them before Kobe.

what's the issue? they're not an official lakers colourway.
you also wondering why duke players wore their zk7's before kobe? 
laugh.gif

i don't get it..

Originally Posted by Swaynomics

its funny that warrick is debuting a kobe shoe that's KOBE shoe, how do that happen??? lol im assuming since its a shorter season kobe cant really debut all his shoes on court??
kobe never wears every single pair of shoes on the court though.. don't understand what the issue is here

off the top of my head.. last year he only wore (in game)

grinch

del sol

china's

china pes

chaos

away gradients

few IDs

tour yellow

laker gradients

homes

that's not much considering all the colourways nike released
not to mention BMH and All-stars, but i dont have an issue at all just found it amusing that's all.... obviously he wouldnt rock a school colorway, thats a given
these on the other hand do have a purple hue just find it odd another NBA player debut another sneaker thats all 

and sorry for using ALL i meant MOST

Originally Posted by thapointguy

Where are the blisters forming at? I don't see how changing the insole would alleviate the problem. What kind of socks are you wearing?
It's right at the top of the arch.  I'm wearing elites.  Yeah you're right it might not be the insole.  I thought the sleeve was maybe pinching my skin with the the shoe but the other insole has the same set up.  Just weird because I've never really had any blistering problems.

laugh.gif

i don't get it..

its funny that warrick is debuting a kobe shoe that's KOBE shoe, how do that happen??? lol im assuming since its a shorter season kobe cant really debut all his shoes on court??
kobe never wears every single pair of shoes on the court though.. don't understand what the issue is here

grinch

del sol

china's

china pes

chaos

away gradients

few IDs

tour yellow

laker gradients

homes

not to mention BMH and All-stars, but i dont have an issue at all just found it amusing that's all.... obviously he wouldnt rock a school colorway, thats a given
these on the other hand do have a purple hue just find it odd another NBA player debut another sneaker thats all 

and sorry for using ALL i meant MOST
Lol, yea thats what i meant too. 
laugh.gif
Of course hes not gonna wear dukes this year, they dont match.  But those are a purple. 

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

I finally played in my Inline VIIs. I  played for about an hour and a half in them.

And my 1st impression is I dont know what the heck some of yall are talking about!

These kill the VIs. The Kobe VII>>>Kobe VI

The Kobe VII feel kinda like a mixture of the IV and V but I cant say its better than either one of them though yet. I like that they actually feel like Basketball shoes again.  Sure they arent as light as the V and VI but I definitely like the fit of them. I played in the Play Strong insole and I liked it. It reminded me of wearing orthotics. I'm undecided on the usefulness of the ankle cuff until I play in the Play Fast insole but it did kinda feel like the IV in terms of ankle support.

Overall I like them on my first impression
well not surprised, i think any shoe is better than the VI's. they were nothing special in performance and comfort.

It's right at the top of the arch.  I'm wearing elites.  Yeah you're right it might not be the insole.  I thought the sleeve was maybe pinching my skin with the the shoe but the other insole has the same set up.  Just weird because I've never really had any blistering problems.

Hmmm thats weird

Are you pulling up the ankle cuff  tongue as far as it goes then trying to wrap to the velcro precisely? Also are you using all the laceholes?

Hmmm thats weird

Are you pulling up the ankle cuff  tongue as far as it goes then trying to wrap to the velcro precisely? Also are you using all the laceholes?
Yes to both.  I mean the blister isn't really painful it's just weird I have one.  The fact that it's at the arch of my foot is really weird too.  

Originally Posted by Zyzz

I finally played in my Inline VIIs. I  played for about an hour and a half in them.

And my 1st impression is I dont know what the heck some of yall are talking about!

The Kobe VII feel kinda like a mixture of the IV and V but I cant say its better than either one of them though yet. I like that they actually feel like Basketball shoes again.  Sure they arent as light as the V and VI but I definitely like the fit of them. I played in the Play Strong insole and I liked it. It reminded me of wearing orthotics. I'm undecided on the usefulness of the ankle cuff until I play in the Play Fast insole but it did kinda feel like the IV in terms of ankle support.

well not surprised, i think any shoe is better than the VI's. they were nothing special in performance and comfort.

i disagree. i personally love the vi's.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

i disagree. i personally love the vi's.
word.  vi's were great for me on the court.  after about 10-15 min they'd be broken in, and ready for whatever punishment i had to offer

laugh.gif

i don't get it..

grinch

del sol

china's

china pes

chaos

away gradients

few IDs

tour yellow

laker gradients

homes

Because he usually wears most of the "Loud" colorways first. Since it's his signature shoe, he debuts the popular and limited colorways.
Not sure if these are limited or not, but you act like there was other plays were wearing Bruce Lee's, Grinches, All-Stars, Big Stages, OC's before him. He didn't wear OC's in a game, James Harden did, but Kobe wore them before the ASG to that award show.

It's not really an issue, but you're acting like players wearing colorways we've never seen before Kobe is something common. It's not and that's why everyone is surprised.

Not sure why you don't understand where everyone is coming from. 
eyes.gif

I think everyone's problem with blisters on the top of the arch is due to the rubbery feel on the side of the insole. If you notice, the 'cloth' that covers most of the insole stops at about the arch. It is to prevent sliding. I get the same problem when I don't wear my Elite socks. For some reason, I don't have a problem with my Elite socks on. I don't know of a solution other than that. Maybe there is a way to cover up the 'rubbery' part. I hope this helps

Originally Posted by Ferrari6888

I think everyone's problem with blisters on the top of the arch is due to the rubbery feel on the side of the insole. If you notice, the 'cloth' that covers most of the insole stops at about the arch. It is to prevent sliding. I get the same problem when I don't wear my Elite socks. For some reason, I don't have a problem with my Elite socks on. I don't know of a solution other than that. Maybe there is a way to cover up the 'rubbery' part. I hope this helps

That's what I was thinking too. I don't see how else blisters can occur. The remedy I can think of is to cut the area where the blister forms.

Sneakernews have detailed pictures of the Wolf. In my opinion they look nice, very clean colorway.

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Wolf > Shark. First time Kobe has a grey/orange colorway, can't resist it, looks good.
wrong rookie

kobe1_wht_gry_gold.jpg

There's no orange there on those Is.

March is too far away for those wolves. It is a simple and solid release, no hype involved.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Chato

Wolf > Shark. First time Kobe has a grey/orange colorway, can't resist it, looks good.
wrong rookie

kobe1_wht_gry_gold.jpg

There's no orange there on those Is.

March is too far away for those wolves. It is a simple and solid release, no hype involved.
grin.gif

Yea there is.  The inside and stiching.  Whats funny is they were nicknamed the sharks cause of the fin on the tounge.  So this is his second sharks coming up.

wrong rookie

kobe1_wht_gry_gold.jpg

stitching doesn't count, isn't it gold though? I meant grey based and decent amount of orange. Hm I thought wolf had a orange 3/4 outsole. Might iD a pair instead.

Back
Top Bottom