The Official Nike Zoom Kobe VII Thread Vol. 2 - Home 3/31, Elites and PDFs

laugh.gif

Lol. Kinda weird how they really pronunciated their names. As if to make sure people know who they are.

A question for those playing with the Play Strong insert... how many sessions are we looking at before the Cushlon bottoms out?

so how are these to ball with honestly? looking for opinions from actual ballers.

so my boy who wrks at ftl said he would hook it up on the concords for 150...i might do it..still pricey but f it

Originally Posted by Zyzz

so how are these to ball with honestly? looking for opinions from actual ballers.

Dang I was writing a decent explanation and my laptop crapped out.  Here's the cliffs from one 2 hour session of hooping in the Play Strong insole.

Pros:
-Traction was solid.  It might have been the gym floor that day because it's usually pretty slippery but I felt confident in them.
-Solid support.  Feels weird at first but once you get used to it it's pretty good.
-The sleeve looks cool as heck.

Cons:
-Blistering could be a problem if you wear it too long.  I hope it's just a break-in period but i had light blistering on the arch of my foot. Luckily I had some Elites on.
-It's pretty painful to break in.  Bout to hoop in them tomorrow so hopefully they'll be broken in a little better and don't hurt as much.

Hope it helps!

Damn so the new Nike Kobe System Ultimatum Max Air Gear Vapor Back Pack is already sold out on nike store.com

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Damn so the new Nike Kobe System Ultimatum Max Air Gear Vapor Back Pack is already sold out on nike store.com

i didnt even know it was on there
frown.gif

OR SO I THOUGHT......THE FRUSTRATION CONTINUES. SO I GUESS NIKE IS MAKING PRODUCTS FOR 007, SELF DESTRUCT AFTER ONE WEAR. WENT TO TIE UP MY NEW SHORTS BEFORE THE HOOP SESSION TODAY AND THEY BEGAN TO UNRAVEL OFF MY BODY. SMH "THIS CAN'T BE LIFE" -(jay-z voice)

I GOT LIKE 100 PAIRS OF HOOP SHORTS AND THIS IS A FIRST.

I'm now happy with my VIIs.  Had to return my del sol/maizes because of ripping problems after the first two sessions.  My concords on the other hand seem to be much more durable in that problem area(not quite as soft).  Played "fast" a handful of times with them and then tonight I busted out the "play strong" after I finally picked up some krazy glue to adhere the insert together(one came out of the box unglued), yes feet were in pain the first and slightly the second wear.  Now that they are broken in enough to double sock I'm very pleased in the response and stability I'm getting out of these on the court.  The cushlon is by far superior to the zoom and plan on IDing a set without the ankle strap, although the zoom is tolerable and has a somewhat similar feel to the VIs.  I'm guessing these will wear a bit slower, the VI mold to foot idea wasn't ideal because it just ends up completely flattening out over time. However, one thing I did find annoying is that the tongue portion of the play strong insole wouldn't stay up after a couple times up and down the court.  I'm wondering if Kobe tapes his down?

kobe vii christmas stuff falling apart = grinched ... sorry to hear about your problems lavidadulce... where did you purchase your shoes and shorts?

I balled in my Kobe Christmas VII yesterday and was impressed the way they keep your foot locked. I played with the play strong insole and was super comfy! First pair of Kobe's and definitely not my last. Just hoping that they don't fall apart like some of your guys' have...

It's really hard to top the awesome run from zk4-zk6.
good looks, fair durability (the zk6 are tanks) and top 10 performance
sneakers of all time more or less.
But with the price and the experience of Kobe's team, you would think they
would at least be at the same level as the past sigs. but no, it was a step down.
Again, it's hard to follow up the zk4-zk6, but the 7 is just sad.

I really hope the elites blow us away. That's all I'm looking for right now.

Originally Posted by itzzzberny

kobe vii christmas stuff falling apart = grinched ... sorry to hear about your problems lavidadulce... where did you purchase your shoes and shorts?

BOTH FROM EASTBAY, SHORTS GOING BACK TMR. STUCK WITH THE SHOES THO

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by MR J 858

i didnt even know it was on there
frown.gif

last years back pack is gone too.. anybody know what happened? highly doubt they both sold out. 

the threading holds up the drawstrings?
sick.gif
Usually they are inside the elastic waist bands. That's a design flaw.

I also purchased those same shorts from Eastbay. The first thing I noticed was the drawstring sewn on top of the waistband instead of inside. I may end up returning mine before the same thing happens to me.

Originally Posted by LaVidaDulce

OR SO I THOUGHT......THE FRUSTRATION CONTINUES. SO I GUESS NIKE IS MAKING PRODUCTS FOR 007, SELF DESTRUCT AFTER ONE WEAR. WENT TO TIE UP MY NEW SHORTS BEFORE THE HOOP SESSION TODAY AND THEY BEGAN TO UNRAVEL OFF MY BODY. SMH "THIS CAN'T BE LIFE" -(jay-z voice)

I_has_a_sad.gif

Originally Posted by josh24

Originally Posted by LaVidaDulce

I_has_a_sad.gif

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom