The Official Nike Zoom Kobe VII Thread Vol. 2 - Home 3/31, Elites and PDFs

its looks like the Homes sold out from my local HOH in chicago

i work right across from them in the mall and when i went to work they had the aways and homes out in the display case, then as we were closing they homes was not in the case no more. just the aways

So who's gonna do that Elite X Big Stage lace swap?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by casper90403

^i at first was bothered with the piss yellow flywire lines, but I got use to it. I dont even notice it. I love them. Such a clean shoe. try them on with some khaki american eagle shorts and they look great.

And it seems every left pair had issue with the carbon fiber. The NTSM guys were offended with me mentioning that to them after I checked out 5 pairs just to see if I could find a clean one. They were literally all messed up.
            idk if you mentioned it before but what CF issue are you talking about on the elite homes?

i should be doing this to my pair but usps didn't come thru for me today. smh... i like the black laces man!
pimp.gif
 those same black laces would look good too w the black tongue imo.

Went to my local HOH around 5pm and they still had some of the bigger sizes left....They looked nice but $200 + tax is alot....

Black laces look nice, wish they came with both black and white laces, I think they could hook us up with that for the price...lol

Originally Posted by NikeRider

jst628 wrote:

glad these are sitting, nike needs to realize these prices are wack...

Well it kept the resellers away and for that I'm glad they were 2 billsl

QFT...it appears $200 is the mark that send the hypebeast, resellers staying away from them...Makes it hell alot easier to cop...

Originally Posted by micon111

^i at first was bothered with the piss yellow flywire lines, but I got use to it. I dont even notice it. I love them. Such a clean shoe. try them on with some khaki american eagle shorts and they look great.

And it seems every left pair had issue with the carbon fiber. The NTSM guys were offended with me mentioning that to them after I checked out 5 pairs just to see if I could find a clean one. They were literally all messed up.
            idk if you mentioned it before but what CF issue are you talking about on the elite homes?
not sure how to properly word this, but the left carbon fiber looks glued together in two spots. Looks like it cracked twice. 2 very noticeable lines that form as it curves. The right shoes dont have it, and its one seemless CF.

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Originally Posted by jbsnoop

I'm not a Kobe fan at all, appreciate his game, just don't care for him for whatever reason.  Never owned a pair of Kobe's but I love these homes.  I had $120 in giftcards so was able to cop for $94.  Ordered from ndc and am excited to get them in the mail this week. 
so you have to be a fan of certain player, etc in order to appreciate the technology behind the shoes and buy the shoes ?

No wonder consumer are sheep

No, that's why I bought a pair...

If one shoe is seamless and the other isn't then the CF cracked. The CF is thin, it's the clear coating that makes it look substantial.

If you think the $200 was the main reason resellers stayed away, you're wrong. If they weren't your basic white/black and gold shoe they would've been eaten up. Yes the Big Stages were also those colors but they had "history" to them. It was a bad timing to market these gold Elites. Should've done Laker colors that he's going to wear in the Playoffs and if the Lakers were to make the Finals release the gold pairs, winning it all or not.

not sure how to properly word this, but the left carbon fiber looks glued together in two spots. Looks like it cracked twice. 2 very noticeable lines that form as it curves. The right shoes dont have it, and its one seemless CF.

yeah i have those in my both elite aways but the connection is a clean fix. hardly even noticeable but there are some done w a messed up job. smh. my beef is the lines where they cut the CF on top and below is really rough. wish they could have sanded it down to smoothen the cut since they only put it on top of the shoe not like in lebrons w the CF and the leather of the shoe meeting together. 

Originally Posted by thapointguy

If one shoe is seamless and the other isn't then the CF cracked. The CF is thin, it's the clear coating that makes it look substantial.

If you think the $200 was the main reason resellers stayed away, you're wrong. If they weren't your basic white/black and gold shoe they would've been eaten up. Yes the Big Stages were also those colors but they had "history" to them. It was a bad timing to market these gold Elites. Should've done Laker colors that he's going to wear in the Playoffs and if the Lakers were to make the Finals release the gold pairs, winning it all or not.

^^ good point but nike knew what it was doing. what if the lakers won't make the finals? w this, they played it safe rather than release a cw for the finals w no lakers on it. that won't sell much. or worse, won't release at all.  i can see this happening w the KD line perhaps if they make it in the finals. 

Originally Posted by thapointguy

^^ good point but nike knew what it was doing. what if the lakers won't make the finals? w this, they played it safe rather than release a cw for the finals w no lakers on it. that won't sell much. or worse, won't release at all.  i can see this happening w the KD line perhaps if they make it in the finals. 

The Laker colors would sell far better imo. If they make it to the Finals, winning or not, that's a bonus. We get the gold Elites. Nike doesn't have anything to lose by going that route. I guess they were pushing the Elite series and not focusing on the Kobe VII.
tired.gif

i think we can all agree the price hike is pretty ridiculous. at least throw a shirt, a play strong insert and some extra @#$#$ in there nike, c'mon.  don't make the bending over of your customers so blatant. i had a % off coupon, so i copped. otherwise, not a chance.

words, images & interview by Nick DePaula
As published in the April iPad Issue of Sole Collector Magazine. The Zoom Kobe VII Elite is priced at $200 and available now.

It’s no big secret that as Kobe Bryant’s career has progressed through the years, he’s gotten increasingly more involved with every last performance detail when it comes to his footwear. He, perhaps more than any player in the League, is acutely aware of his playing style and needs on a year-to-year basis. The guy isdesperately after a sixth ring. 

When he gained some bulk after a summer of serious weightlifting in 2005, he wanted the Zoom Kobe 1 to be sturdier and feature more cushioning. Three years later, he slimmed down to his lightest playing weight since his rookie year and wanted a low-cut for more mobility and range of motion. And now, as he takes on what looks to be quite a challenging playoff path towards the ever-important number six, he’ll be doing so in his most teched-out Zoom Kobe model yet. 

The silhouette and general design lines might appear the same, but as Nike Basketball Design Director Leo Chang details ahead, every facet of the Zoom Kobe VII has been upgraded – in material, quality, parts and pieces – to give Kobe everything he knowingly needs for the home stretch.    

Nick DePaula: One of the things that Jason [Petrie] mentioned was how involved and behind the idea of the Elite Series LeBron was. Were there as detailed of discussions with Kobe about the concept, and what washis feedback?

Leo Chang: Yeah, we did show it all to him early on, and he loved the idea of using the modular system and also amping up performance. Of all the guys, he’s always on the cutting edge to find any kind of performance or competitive advantage.

NDP: Obviously the Kobe VII was something that Eric [Avar] designed, but you led the charge on revamping it for the Elite series here?

LC: Yeah. We did a few things actually. We started out really looking at how to upgrade the counters. A lot of these carbon fiber counters took a long time to make. They had to be precise and have to be one-to-one with the heel shape. They don’t have as much of a flex tolerance like TPU does. Any kind of gap between the counter and the upper that you have will be really exposed. If you don’t have it right, the counter won’t fit and it won’t bond to the upper. It took a long time to get right. We also wanted to switch the Kevlar out on the Flywire, which was an easier process here. Another thing that we wanted to do was take advantage of the Kobe System concept and drop full-length Zoom in there. You can swap that in and out with the other colorways, too.

NDP: So the whole Zoom unit is top-loaded? Weren’t the other ones bottom-loaded?

LC: Well, the other Zoom system had heel bottom-loaded and forefoot top-loaded. We knew that was going to be a great premium upgrade in terms of cushioning and ride. The Elite Series isn’t just about stripping away; it’s about giving the best feel, fit, ride, stability and protection. That was one thing that we thought could be really cool, and we wanted to use the modularity to let people swap the Elite system into the other versions as well. We also went through rounds of talking about using the cuff sleeve versus no cuff, and we kind of decided to go with the low because if you think about playoff time, you want to take away more stuff in some instances and go low. He’s also been wearing the low primarily.

NDP: It’s funny, because he’s just recently been wearing the Strong the last five games. 

LC: Yeah, and for a long stretch he was wearing the low. 

NDP: He wore the Strong for only three or so games in the very beginning of the season, and then just recently switched back to it. I’ve actually been working on an article for the next issue once the season ends that compares and contrasts his scoring, shooting and a bunch of stats in Fast vs. Strong.

Jason Petrie: Oh man. That’s real interesting. I can’t wait to see that.

NDP: Yeah, it’s just much more boring to put together than I figured, but it’ll be cool. 

[everyone laughs]

NDP: I personally didn’t really care for the sleeve when I played in it. I just thought I was still sliding a bit inside of it, and I never really got the lockdown that I got from the more traditional tongue. 

LC: It also could be the back heel area. It’s mesh on mesh, so there might’ve been a better way to help with creating friction there to hold you in place.

NDP: Yeah, that’s a good point.

LC: Just from looking at the shoe a bit more from there, we were thinking about it, and, “What else could we do?

^ Those are very nice, but I don't like the color of the Carbon Fiber Heel Clip nore do I like the Flywire lines showing all across the shoe. The rest is nice though.

I think the Homes should of gone with that glitter sole, I'm guessing they changed it to separate the look from the Lebron's smh.

Back
Top Bottom