The Official NT Beat Thread Vol.2..-~-..-~-.Dope Beats Only!

TheKingOfVa - thanx alot for the feedback man. Now i was listening to your tracks you posted. Both tracks sound mid 90's R&B to me. And i like!!!Love that sound. But i'm def feelin that "Be You" track. Good work on dem boards! I know it will sound even better when you remaster it and allthat. Ole' boy that was singing had some potential as well. Some of his tones sounded off-key to me in certain parts of each track. But still...Keeprockin!

Here's another track just finished. Sounded 'ehh' to me at first. But still...i kept rockin!

"Anavrin Muihtil (Guitar Ensemble)"

Thanks to Mez 0ne, Blessedsacs, stackerouc, shizzmyster, and Crossisom for the feedback. It's nice to see this thread is still alive and going, with folksgiving good feedback.

blessedsac: "hard work" is a nice little track. Feeling the orchestra stabs. not too sure about the horn line every 4 bars, but you make it work. Ilike how this track switches up and brings it down a notch after the chorus. It does sound a little hollow when the low horn stabs drop, however.
"Spur of the moment" is actually pretty cool. Its obviously a little barren at parts, which i assume was intentional... I really dig the arpeggiatedsynth, i get into those... and i'm liking this little synth flute breakdown. flesh this out a bit more and itll really work.

Stackkerouac: "four thousand + 80" is cool.. it has a sound I've never been able to create. I cant say that ive been around enough to know ifthis is specifically your style or not, but other than some minor things that irk me in terms of the elements staying in the same key, I think this is a reallycool track, even if just on its own. Its nice to hear people doing something a little unsafe.
"dont qualify.." same deal.. is this your synth work? or is this sampled? either way, its nice. Obviously not something conventional, but I likethat. I'm not crazy about your snare drum on this one, but I think its probably a love it/hate it kind of thing.
Really impressed, I'll be back on your page later tonight for sure.

Shizzmyster-- "pianic euphomy" is decent to me... the shaker is too heavy, and that immediately stands out to me. I also am having a hard timehearing when "1" is supposed to be, or rather, what the start of the sample is. I think this could turn out to be something that really works, justdont let the sample dictate the whole beat, you know?

Crossisom-- cant say too much about "feeldis" other than keep going-- i know you know what to do, but it sounds like the bare bones of somethingcool. thanks for the feedback as well.

anyone else I missed, I'm sorry!!! I'll get in here more often and listen to some stuff from everyone.

Here is something I've been working on as an intro to a concept album I'm working on... It's just supposed to "set the mood" so to speakand will most likely have some relevant clip from an old movie laid on top of it, but thats not really ironed out yet. Also, I know the kicks are too heavy,just bear with me on this mix.

"Start it off"

Originally Posted by ProducedByTheJuice

Thanks to Mez 0ne, Blessedsacs, stackerouc, shizzmyster, and Crossisom for the feedback. It's nice to see this thread is still alive and going, with folks giving good feedback.

blessedsac: "hard work" is a nice little track. Feeling the orchestra stabs. not too sure about the horn line every 4 bars, but you make it work. I like how this track switches up and brings it down a notch after the chorus. It does sound a little hollow when the low horn stabs drop, however.
"Spur of the moment" is actually pretty cool. Its obviously a little barren at parts, which i assume was intentional... I really dig the arpeggiated synth, i get into those... and i'm liking this little synth flute breakdown. flesh this out a bit more and itll really work.

Stackkerouac: "four thousand + 80" is cool.. it has a sound I've never been able to create. I cant say that ive been around enough to know if this is specifically your style or not, but other than some minor things that irk me in terms of the elements staying in the same key, I think this is a really cool track, even if just on its own. Its nice to hear people doing something a little unsafe.
"dont qualify.." same deal.. is this your synth work? or is this sampled? either way, its nice. Obviously not something conventional, but I like that. I'm not crazy about your snare drum on this one, but I think its probably a love it/hate it kind of thing.
Really impressed, I'll be back on your page later tonight for sure.

Shizzmyster-- "pianic euphomy" is decent to me... the shaker is too heavy, and that immediately stands out to me. I also am having a hard time hearing when "1" is supposed to be, or rather, what the start of the sample is. I think this could turn out to be something that really works, just dont let the sample dictate the whole beat, you know?

Crossisom-- cant say too much about "feeldis" other than keep going-- i know you know what to do, but it sounds like the bare bones of something cool. thanks for the feedback as well.

anyone else I missed, I'm sorry!!! I'll get in here more often and listen to some stuff from everyone.

Here is something I've been working on as an intro to a concept album I'm working on... It's just supposed to "set the mood" so to speak and will most likely have some relevant clip from an old movie laid on top of it, but thats not really ironed out yet. Also, I know the kicks are too heavy, just bear with me on this mix.

"Start it off"
This beat is pretty jazzy...Switch up the drums though...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

2 tracks that i did the beat for I wont even say I produced the tracks cause I wasnt in the studio when they recorded it. The What Yousong reppin they changed it up a lil and added all the pauses and %@$ to it

ProducedByTheJuice & bleed05, good lookin out on feedback. I need that kinda info.

ProducedByTheJuice - I was waitin a mighty long time for the Drop! to come in. Danm! lol. But still..you kept it rockin. Again,..not my choice of sound (thattrap sound) but what i like about you is that you can sort out a chord real good. Making your own melody on the boards like that are no problem for you, ...itssounds like.

bleed05 - that latest track you got posted up there sounds pretty dang good there. Its sounds to me like your puttin some work in, goin hard. Just keep doin yathing fammo. you just gonna get better thats all. How long you been doin beats man?

Here's a track i did maybe a year and some change ago. Critiques appreciated.

"WMYJD (The J-Dilla Tribute)"

Hey, it's been a while since I've been in this thread.. I'm gonna go back and check out all these beats cause we're definitely looking for moreproducers to work with. For now, here's a new track we did with ricky b0bby (#NT SN: Alan Garner) on the production. Let's get more NT collabs goin!

Click here for MP3 Download

Will be back with feedback for other people's tracks in a second. Thanks for checking us out!

Feedback for the last page, right off Notepad:

thekingofVA - your production as a whole is real clean, and fits the artist perfectly. sometimes the job of the producer is to make ur influence on the trackas transparent as possible so that the artist can shine, and you did a good job of those with the two tracks you put up. often these days the producers'impact on the track is too upfront and the artist doesn't get the full shine; people forget that they're supposed to be supporting the artist.

shizz - the guitar track is real smooth man, i like it. you're starting to get ur own sound going for you.

producedbythejuice - "start it off" is a gorgeous piece of work my friend. i love this. the instrumentation is real dope, keeps the track realinteresting. great work!

cartune - you got that whistle rockin on the "what you" track, i dig it.

g14 - the money to blow remix is well produced, but the original is just a hard track to top. the dipset track is dope straight up though, i like thephasing-#%* effect on the verse.

hometownhero - your sounds are too stock-sounding, but i can dig the vibe ur going for. just keep building up your sounds and making more and more stuff,and your tracks will start to flesh out.

Originally Posted by loendradio

Feedback for the last page, right off Notepad:

thekingofVA - your production as a whole is real clean, and fits the artist perfectly. sometimes the job of the producer is to make ur influence on the track as transparent as possible so that the artist can shine, and you did a good job of those with the two tracks you put up. often these days the producers' impact on the track is too upfront and the artist doesn't get the full shine; people forget that they're supposed to be supporting the artist.

shizz - the guitar track is real smooth man, i like it. you're starting to get ur own sound going for you.

producedbythejuice - "start it off" is a gorgeous piece of work my friend. i love this. the instrumentation is real dope, keeps the track real interesting. great work!

cartune - you got that whistle rockin on the "what you" track, i dig it.

g14 - the money to blow remix is well produced, but the original is just a hard track to top. the dipset track is dope straight up though, i like the phasing-#%* effect on the verse.

hometownhero - your sounds are too stock-sounding, but i can dig the vibe ur going for. just keep building up your sounds and making more and more stuff, and your tracks will start to flesh out.
thanks for the feedback.. i appreciate the tip. u have any advice on how i can get some higher quality sounds?

i'm currently talking to a few indie labels (respectable ones at that) and currently working on my mixtape. i'm looking for BEATS. you will of courseget full production credit and when i start getting paid to make songs i'll def look out and buy beats.

i'm heavy into electro and anything weird so i'm looking for any sound. if you made a beat you really like but are afraid it's too weird send it.alt hip-hop/sampled/electro-influenced/weird/etc. basically anything including down south !$#%.

i'm def looking to work with serious producers and want to build relationships. I know a few established artists that I'm willing to show your beats toas well. I'm talking about people signed to majors and some of your favorite mix-tape/underground artists out now.

Back
Top Bottom