The Official NT Beat Thread Vol.2..-~-..-~-.Dope Beats Only!

Just something I've been waiting for in Reason. I could never really mess with the ReDrum machine but this is something I've been messing with.

So this is my boy that works for Stones Throw records out in L.A. he recently just graduated from L.A. recording arts college or whatever.  He is also interning at Colombia records but much prefers Stones Throw where he works sometimes directly with Peanut Butter Wolf mixing and mastering music. This is a funny track he put together with his little brother, its pretty gross but you can see the talent in the beats and mixing and mastering.

I will give feedback on beats that have been posted here lately when I have time. For now I have to write this essay...... Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

roll.gif

Hey guys, just wanted to share a little beatmaking video I put together for fun. Nothing too crazy, but let me know what you think!

^ I like the video and the beat a nice little west coast hard hitting beat. I always love producers showing off their studio/work space. My favorite is a game I play with my boy because I don't have the talent to create the excellence he does; I pick out a record when he's not in the room find which parts I would like him to sample and let him go to work. Mind you he does not sample anymore but just for us to kick back and chill its fun to see what he can do in a half hour or so.

On a side note about the video, obviously your brain has not been opened to its full extent without drugs thinking Futurama is the best TV show ever... SMH

/s

Originally Posted by tompetrie

On a side note about the video, obviously your brain has not been opened to its full extent without drugs thinking Futurama is the best TV show ever... SMH

indifferent.gif

Video was dope though...

Hmm, you're right... I'd put Futurama up there with early Simpsons, Arrested Development, and The Wire.

Back on topic... thanks guys.

Originally Posted by PLVN

Originally Posted by tompetrie

indifferent.gif

Video was dope though...
It was sarcasm. And I agree the video is dope
wink.gif
 Thats what the /s stands for.  I could care less if people do drugs or not just don't tell other people what to do unless its directly harming you or a friend or family member.

Thought I posted this earlier but I guess not..

Here's a book that completely changed the way I approach sound engineering. Geared towards those who have had a solid amount of experience already, it teaches what state of mind you should be in when you mix as opposed to the "boost at so-so frequency to get "adjective"" type of learning that you get from a typical book on mixing. A hefty price, but this is one book that I feel is definitely worth buying.

http://www.mixingwithyourmind.com

It is divided up into chapters so you can read specifically what applies to your current situation, but there are founding principles and themes that are present throughout the text. Most of the concepts are very easily applied as well, but make huge immediate impacts.

I used to hate mixing, but I love it now; I can attribute much of that to reading this book. Check it out!

aye can someone point me in the direction of a NT beatsmith who's similar in style to the justice leauge (rich off cocaine, maybach music 3, in cold blood type beats)?
i'd appreciate it. i dont wanna listen to 1000 beats.

Back
Top Bottom