The Official NT Beat Thread Vol.2..-~-..-~-.Dope Beats Only!

HEY GUISE .. AM NEW TO NT

WWW.MYSPACE.COM/JAEPART2
nerd.gif

my link ^

guise = guys? a little over excited arent we?

how bout u post some feedback first lil buddy...?

StackKerouac

I like 0003,but your chops are a lil OD....kinda loses feeling a few times. The song has a nice mood to it, grimey type aura. Bassline is smooth as shhh too
pimp.gif

95%

0001- not really exciting to me..the kicks for some reason hurt my ear, like their muffled and the frequency is too low to the point it kinda hurts.

bigger business- hot ness ! mellow, grimey once again. needed something extra for flair here and there, like a random horn once in a while. 95%

words of wisdom - needs more kicks, the melody is BANANAS. i can see somebody's favorite rapper on that
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
hi hats and cymbals are perfect 99%

Originally Posted by TW3EK

ight... u definetly gone need a controller wit reason...
it helps but its not completely necessary.... i just got my first midi keyboard last month and id be lyin if i said it made a noticeable difference.

beat threads been asleep lately... i'll be back in here at the end of the week to drop some crits/new @*#%.

oh yeah and as always DL my cd...... thanks
pimp.gif

Skeletummy

Originally Posted by THEBIGJUICE

it helps but its not completely necessary.... i just got my first midi keyboard last month and id be lyin if i said it made a noticeable difference.

some people theres just no helping
laugh.gif
... and i was sayin that becauseit would take hours to make a track wit no controller...

It may not be vital for a sample-heavy producer, but if you're tryin' to create any sort of melody... I think it's DEFINITELY necessary.

Originally Posted by THEBIGJUICE

some people theres just no helping
laugh.gif
... and i was sayin that because it would take hours to make a track wit no controller...

nice one tweek.
eyes.gif

and im saying, NO, it doesnt take hours. if youre just starting, and you learn reason without a controller, you see things a different way and it goesfine... i did both of my whole sample-free, melody heavy CDs without a keyboard and the *%%! turned out better than you say it should have. i actually thinkits a lot easier without it.
to the dude that asked, i cant even remember who: if you want to get a controller, its a cool thing to have, and it will help you later on, but its notimperative starting off. in my opinion, youre better off learning the ins and outs of whatever program youre using than banging out janky melodies on a jankykeyboard---- thats gonna take you nowhere.

pay my cheap shot no mind...

melodies > knowing the program...

u can always learn the program but learning the scales is even more important... its kinda hard to do wit no keyboard... trust me... if ur not gonna b samplebased its a whole hell of a lot easier and ull get better results... i dunno how the hell u make melodies wit no controller besides clickin the notes in thesequencer edit screen while recording... which would essentially limit ur melodies because ur mouse can only move so fast... plus u cant even preview sounds...eww...

you dont have to click while its recording. usually i do it when its stopped playing--
i dont know how to play the piano, i learned my scales on the trumpet. i read music better than i play the piano.

so i see how for YOU its better, but that doesnt mean IN GENERAL a controller is better. for someone like me, it really doesnt help much. i hear melodies in myhead and i know what they look like in the controller lane, so i just click them in.

pay my cheap shot no mind... u can always learn the program but learning the scales is even more important... its kinda hard to do wit no keyboard... trust me... if ur not gonna b sample based its a whole hell of a lot easier and ull get better results... i dunno how the hell u make melodies wit no controller besides clickin the notes in the sequencer edit screen while recording... which would essentially limit ur melodies because ur mouse can only move so fast... plus u cant even preview sounds... eww...
Having a controller actually doesnt have that much to do with learning the 'scales.' If you think about it, the piano-roll sequencer in reasonis a graphical representation of the same keyboard you value so highly. Also, you can easily write music with your mouse in reason, as easily as you can withFL, or any other software program. And it doesnt have to be done live. In a lot of ways, i would say using your mouse and knowing the program well allows youto do MORE things with reason, rather than less. and you can preview sounds too... so im not sure where you are getting your info.
I dont mean to disrespect you or anything, just trying to suggest that its really all just preference and what workflow works best for you.

i mean yea if u learn from lookin... i gotta actually touch the keys... that way i know from memory... if u already know how to read music and know musictheory i guess u wouldnt really need one...

^Sounds like you used midi controller on this one!
laugh.gif

Kidding, sick beat man. The only thing i would say is the bass might be a little overpowering in the mix, I think the sample might be a little to low once thebass kicks in, could just be me/my speakers tho. Its a real nice beat.

sounds pretty good to me fam... i aint heard too many of ya beats but this is industry ready... dude did it justice too... im feelin it...

uh oh.... here comes the beat forum authority.....

tweek-- "the highs and lows" is nice and laid back. im feeling the way the sample is laid sparsely a lot. im pretty down with this +%#@ actually.your drums are nice and simple, they could use something extra though. i mean, maybe all this beat needs is a rapper.

triple homicide im less inclined to listen to your stuff because you didnt review anyone else... normally to get a crit you gotta give one..... pretty simple.anyway, heres your freebee. this is really pretty damn good. i mean, i dont even like this kind of +%#@, and i was feelin it. well done.
edit: reading over it, that was a bad review. i think when it comes down to it, you really dont need to be in the NT beat thread to try to generate buzz...your %%*% is hot and youre only gonna get about 5 plays per link in here.... best to move on unless you want to commit to being here for a minute...

heres my new track,"prestige"..... something i dug up from last year and worked on some more. wondering where to gowith it, so in depth crits would be nice. mind the beat doesnt drop until about 1:20, so hear it out. thanks.

^thanks... ill prolly have somebody (if not myself) on that beat in a month or so...

Prestige... this is dope... melody is nice and smooth... yea i like this joint right here... its got that spaced out feel but its not too weird... i dunno whybut luda's flow popped up in my head... he'd kill this !%@%...

TIME... This is hotness.. :pimp: :pimp: So what's sampled and what isn't? I wanna get an idea for all those sounds I'm bout toget... :lol: The guitars in the chorus, for example. Only thing I'd say is there's somethin about the snare rolls in a few spots that coulda beenbetter. Other than that, this is real nice. Perfect melodies, though. And I'd agree with Stack about the bassline being a lil bit too overpowering.

JUICE... The intro is nice, but once all these delayed drums start droppin', it kinda lost its smoothness. But once everything getsgoin' again, it kinda goes back to something I could nod to, as I continue to listen. Well done, this has that "real" feel to it. I like this alot, actually, now that it's done... :lol:

I guess I've kept to myself and haven't posted in here in like a month. Just click below. Too many tracks to mention...

Click Mouse Here.

Reaper, Temptations, Approaches, Dubai, etc etc... Thank you.

U[/] high over there? the link is ALL $##%@$ up...lol

the reaper - i like it for the most part... the 2nd synth clashes a lil bit wit the first one(talkin order they come in)... maybe try a thinner sound... otherthan that its pretty damn... got that bounce... drums is on point...

temptations... damn i need a tag... im jealous of everybody wit one... neway this is smooth dude...
eek.gif
when the hook/bridge comes in... id try to find abetter soundin bell tho... thats the only thing id change in this... good work...

rags to riches - i like this... i see u know how to make pop @*$$... this joint got me bobbin... i can hear JT all over this... nice work... damn that bridgewas nasty...

we gone have to collab one of these days...

u know how to play an instrument or u just play by ear?

got damn im still listen to rags to riches... @*$$ got me zonin...
pimp.gif

Time

Feeling it, Thumbs UP

Rollin Wit Rocks
Nice solid hard baseline, great sounds, something to ride to, I can hear Lil Scrappy or Jeezy on this
A real good use of the sample (if it is one) and instrumentals
Great work sir, could be sold right now.

On My Own Two Feet-Thumbs to the side

Like the baseline would sound great in the car, great job on it
Not feeling the key that the guitar type sound is being played in, that's the only thing holding it back from a straight thumbs up
Love the pizzaz type sounds should be played even higher, reminds me of 3 6 mafia back in the day
Good use of the horns, would love to hear the horns for a stretch with the bassline minus the guitar type sound in the back ground

Pusha-One of my favorite producers on NT

The Reaper-Thumbs Down

OD'd on the synths
No melody to it
Not feeling the metal snare

Temptations-Thumbs to the Side

Solid Smooth track
Too much timbo beat box sounds on the baseline though
Great job on the hook/bridge

Rags to Riches-Thumbs up

Your in your comfort zone, nice pop track, good baseline, and break downs
Maybe lower down the high hats
Lower down the snyths on the hook a little it should just add atmosphere on this track not over power the track

Hate To Lose You-Thumbs up

Love the hyper active bassline, your always very creative on the basslines
Love the the core sounds amazing job
Change the key that the snyth on the hook is being played or change it to a softer synth and lower the volume on it
The other sounds are great on the hook
I like how much you switch it up very pro feel to it

As She Approaches-Thumbs to the side

You always come with those solid timbo style basslines
The core synth is so-so but the other sounds carry it
Solid beat
Not feeling the hook, one of the synths on the hook should be removed (the loud over powering one that stays in the same key)

Pusha once again thanks for pointing me in the direction of some new synths (In love with Nexus now). I found another site (I think it's a Russian technoproducers forum) Regardless they have some good sounds there and drum kits. Not sure if you can use any sounds from there but I'll pm you the linkregardless. Man I still can't stop listening to Takeover Music
pimp.gif
When I get signedI'm buying that joint from you!

Back
Top Bottom