The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALot of people :emoji_eyes: including myself had WB to CLT as a dream scenario that wasn't gonna happen at the deadline. But with ginger PGs injury problems and Rozier taking the ball out of Lamelo's hands its a possibility.

Anything around Heyward or Rozier is a deal if I'm LA.

**** I'd take Heyward/Plumlee alone. Fills two needs in one. Picks and other compensation in a sidebar.
Hayward too injury prone. I'd rather Rozier, Plumlee and Oubre if possible.

It’s bout to go from “third mvp” “#1 seed” “all nba defensive team” “#4 on the way”…

To First round exit and “Steve doesn’t have anything left to prove” lmao

I can see it now
Damn y'all tight. Y'all fear is like warm cookies.

1649348151553.png

Wayne Gretzky, Michael Jordan, and Lebron James cooking up the worst rosters ever.

If the Hornets punt on a number of their talented pieces just to salary dump it'd be pretty sad

Seems like there should be more productive ways to navigate this "issue"

I was a gunna say that Kareem had the self awareness not to try.

but I forgot about his stint as an assistant coach mentoring Jerome James and Michael Olawakandi

If the Hornets punt on a number of their talented pieces just to salary dump it'd be pretty sad

Seems like there should be more productive ways to navigate this "issue"
Is PJ a 4 or a 5. I could easily see a Hayward+PJ S&T for Russ that can clear space. Then go after Turner ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Is PJ a 4 or a 5. I could easily see a Hayward+PJ S&T for Russ that can clear space. Then go after Turner ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I could see this. Just cuz Hayward has been one of the most cursed players in recent history. I understand how Charlotte would just be done with that contract (although it's only 1 more year than Westbrook's so ehhhh)..

and then you have Bridges v PJ brewing all year... it's kinda clear they have to go with Bridges

But if you have to trade anything more, that's just a poor poor way to manage their talent

They tryna tank if there's any truth to it.
That's the smart thing to do.

They're stuck in no man's land and paying Hayward/Rozier is just gonna keep them there.

Get off that money, be really bad for another year or two, and go get another lottery pick or two to fit around the young guys they have in place.

That's the smart thing to do.

They're stuck in no man's land and paying Hayward/Rozier is just gonna keep them there.

Get off that money, be really bad for another year or two, and go get another lottery pick or two to fit around the young guys they have in place.
Yup.

I guess detractors of the idea believe it'll hinder Melo's growth because the ball won't be in his hand primarily.

Yup.

I guess detractors of the idea believe it'll hinder Melo's growth because the ball won't be in his hand primarily.
I don't know that I'd specifically target Russ - but getting off that much money a year from now is never a bad thing given where they're at.

Perennial play-in contention is the worst possible place to be and that's all they're gonna be as constructed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom