The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

D878A003-0285-4308-A475-E05F3ABA517C.jpeg

Ahh ok, so more flight time....just read that...is that all? How much more flight time we talking?
Steez the orange drone is for scientific geospatial type stuff not for photography and videography. The photos the orange drone (WingtraOne) takes are part of a photodataset which is later processed by GIS programs and photogrammetry programs. I’m a Geospatial guy trained in college and a government agency.

For my photos and movies jobs I have both a DJI Inspire 2 with the Hollywood quality 6K Raw X7 camera with Apple Pro Res Raw and Cinema DNG RAW codecs, and also a DJI Mavic Pro 2 with a Hasselblad sourced 20MP 1” sensors camera. It shoots in 10 Bit color and HDR. The still camera capability of it is awesome as well. The X7 camera is as powerful as the Arri Alexa and the RED cameras. Storage for it is mad expensive though.

Basically I have different drones for different capabilities and the money that you get from the jobs I do with the orange drone is insane. Much more than video or photo work bro. Below is a pic of my DJI Inspire 2. Y’all already know what a Mavic Pro 2 looks like.

^^^Only if they can make that in a pocketable form. Haha.

the mavic 2 pro? it's not dslr level but better than a smartphone...

Yeah...I saw that but still doesn't seem what I totally want. I've seen some drone shots printed and all don't look that great imo. For social media purposes, the photos look fine but I guess I am just waiting for something a little more high end.

My girl got me my first big boy camera for christmas, nikon d850... I been so busy I haven't even taken it out the box....

smh.

I think considering, the D850 is the best camera on the market. The only flaws really is the size of the camera since mirrorless are more compact now and the high dynamic range but other than that, I would want to own this camera if I wasn't a Canon guy.

Last edited:
Yeah if I were going to buy a true DSLR it would be between the D850 or the Canon 1DX Mkii. As far as the a7Riii vs a D850, it’s really just a matter of preference. DXOLabs gave both the D850 and the a7Riii a score of 100 for their sensors, the only camera that beat the Nikon and Sony was a medium format camera.

Is everyone here using Lightroom?

I'm seriously considering switching cause it runs like **** on my PC.

Adobe needs to pull their head out of their *** and optimize this **** properly.

Only thing keeping me on at this point is the ability to switch between PS and LR easily.

D878A003-0285-4308-A475-E05F3ABA517C.jpeg

Steez the orange drone is for scientific geospatial type stuff not for photography and videography. The photos the orange drone (WingtraOne) takes are part of a photodataset which is later processed by GIS programs and photogrammetry programs. I’m a Geospatial guy trained in college and a government agency.

For my photos and movies jobs I have both a DJI Inspire 2 with the Hollywood quality 6K Raw X7 camera with Apple Pro Res Raw and Cinema DNG RAW codecs, and also a DJI Mavic Pro 2 with a Hasselblad sourced 20MP 1” sensors camera. It shoots in 10 Bit color and HDR. The still camera capability of it is awesome as well. The X7 camera is as powerful as the Arri Alexa and the RED cameras. Storage for it is mad expensive though.

Basically I have different drones for different capabilities and the money that you get from the jobs I do with the orange drone is insane. Much more than video or photo work bro. Below is a pic of my DJI Inspire 2. Y’all already know what a Mavic Pro 2 looks like.

That’s some dope **** bro, love drone photography, I have my mavic and have gotten some cool footage, I just have no patience to edit videos....the quality of the Mavic is pretty nuts for what it is tho. I’m sure the jobs you get done with the Orange drone pay for pretty much everything, those type of jobs for big agencies/companies pay GREAT MONEY, is like corporate photography, I make in an hour shooting some BS corporate event what I would usually make in a 4 hour Elopement wedding, is insane.

Anyways fam, keep doing you thing!

That’s some dope **** bro, love drone photography, I have my mavic and have gotten some cool footage, I just have no patience to edit videos....the quality of the Mavic is pretty nuts for what it is tho. I’m sure the jobs you get done with the Orange drone pay for pretty much everything, those type of jobs for big agencies/companies pay GREAT MONEY, is like corporate photography, I make in an hour shooting some BS corporate event what I would usually make in a 4 hour Elopement wedding, is insane.

Anyways fam, keep doing you thing!

Haha Steez exactly! Corporate pays more with less total work but it can be dull, so it’s good to balance it with photography that’s actually fun to capture even at a lower rate.

Thanks man and you keep it up to, you are literally one of NTs first professional imagers. Many of us were living through your eyes before we started doing our thing. :pimp:

Haha Steez exactly! Corporate pays more with less total work but it can be dull, so it’s good to balance it with photography that’s actually fun to capture even at a lower rate.

Thanks man and you keep it up to, you are literally one of NTs first professional imagers. Many of us were living through your eyes before we started doing our thing. :pimp:
Don't listen to this SOB, it's all lies. J/K.

What's up man I hear you are doing your thing. Congrats. Remember the good old days in the Yambs thread some of the stories were hilarious. Keep up the good work men.

Anyone in NYC wants to meet up and go shoot? I’m going to the city to pick up a lens I’m renting and will be around. Figured I put it here.

I want to shoot with a Ricoh just to see what the fuss is about. I stil don't get the appeal of that camera.

apsc sensor, compact body, supposedly simple controls, at focal length that is classic for street, from a company with history/great rep in photography.

the natural mystic the natural mystic those shots are awesome, I still haven't gotten the hang of shooting in night time settings, any tips? This is probably the only photo I've taken that I have been happy with.
IMG_3871.jpg

Thanks man, the first thing I do is shoot in manual focus (this made the biggest difference in my shots) Not sure what gear you use but I shoot with the a7iii which has great dynamic range so my iso was on the low side (800). Those shots up are with a f4 16-35mm.

Your shots will look better if you shoot with a lens with a higher aperture, you don’t have to crank the iso up and make your shots noisy. You can also use a tripod and slow the shutter speed to keep the iso low and let more light into the sensor. I use a remote to avoid shaking the camera.

I’m still learning as well but the best advice is to go out and experiment. I love shooting at night, the different light sources make mundane spots worth shooting and a lot more interesting.

the natural mystic the natural mystic thanks man, appreciated. Haven't gotten into adding additional lenses to my game but I'll keep it in mind. I have a pretty beginner camera and can't afford to upgrade much at the moment so I'm pretty much working with what it came with.

Gonna be buying the Zolm H5 with shotgun capsule for audio recording and three Aputure AL F7 for lighting.

Gonna be doing interviews and podcasts, throw them on YouTube.

Gonna shoot on my gx8 using the lumix Gx12-35 lense.

Is that a good set up?

My thing is I haven’t edited videonro sound in so long. I have adobe creative cloud. Would be enough for me to work on basic stuff?

Any advice for someone starting out?

My girl got me my first big boy camera for christmas, nikon d850... I been so busy I haven't even taken it out the box....

smh.

Oh man it’s an AWESOME camera. It’s really the D700 of its time (still using one to this day for lighter assignments :lol:)

I used it as a backup to my D4s for sports and it held up nicely! It produces huge files but everything about it (autofocus, fps w/ the grip, DR, etc.) were flawless.

Enjoy your camera! :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom