The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Monterey+1.jpg
So dope. Do you mind sharing your settings?

So dope. Do you mind sharing your settings?

Thanks. So this is a stacked photo meaning there are like 3-4 photos put into it. I did a 30 second long exposure to get the water the way it was with an ND filter. Then I took off the filter and did single shots of the foreground and sky so if you notice, the sky doesn't have a long exposure look even though the water does. The foreground I did with just a quick shot cause the wind was blowing all the leaves around. And then this was shot during close to sunset so it was sort of backlit which explains a lot of the white in the water. It would have ben more cool if the birds were on the rock cause this place is called bird island but it was just an off day.

Thanks. So this is a stacked photo meaning there are like 3-4 photos put into it. I did a 30 second long exposure to get the water the way it was with an ND filter. Then I took off the filter and did single shots of the foreground and sky so if you notice, the sky doesn't have a long exposure look even though the water does. The foreground I did with just a quick shot cause the wind was blowing all the leaves around. And then this was shot during close to sunset so it was sort of backlit which explains a lot of the white in the water. It would have ben more cool if the birds were on the rock cause this place is called bird island but it was just an off day.
Thank you for the detailed explanation. Definitely adding it to my notes for long exposure. I need to scout a spot this weekend.

Sort of over processed but I think it always works for sunsets. This is a stacked photo of six 30 second long exposures to get the sky to look a little more hazy. Wish I did more to add to it but the sun was going down fast. I need to find some better compositions though.

Sunset+1.jpg

Sort of over processed but I think it always works for sunsets. This is a stacked photo of six 30 second long exposures to get the sky to look a little more hazy. Wish I did more to add to it but the sun was going down fast. I need to find some better compositions though.

Sunset+1.jpg
I really need to step my stacking picture up.

I really need to step my stacking picture up.

What is odd is it's like easy but the hardest thing about it is patience. I still want to be that guy that takes a ton of photos at sundown or sunset for like 3 hours to get all the different light and what not but I just don't have the patience. And it's so hard to just want to sit in one spot for that long when you think there are other better compositions to capture.

Fong$tarr Fong$tarr dope pics man

what kind of camera/lens are you using for all these SF pics?

I am still rocking my old Canon 5D Mark 3. Most photos are shot with either Tamron 15-30mm for wide stuff and Canon 70-200mm for long lens stuff. All of it is heavily processed afterwards on Lightroom and PS.

I am really interested in the Canon R5. Hoping the lens adaptor works well on it with my current lenses. We'll see eventually.

Yo! Wild times we're living in. Got my hours reduced by more than half at work due to the virus plus with the shelter in place no choice but to stay in and dig through old work. I have a lot of unused video footage that I haven't touched and it's also been a while since my last video attempt. I have a lot of footage of low fog in the bay and I thought about squeezing it all into one video but didn't want to overwhelm it and I'd rather split it. This one mainly focused on the Golden Gate Bridge/City. I almost went out to shoot earlier this week to capture the empty streets of SF but I felt that would be irresponsible on my part. Sucks cause now I've had the urge to shoot ever since but gonna be strong and hold out until hopefully this is all over. Hope everyone is being safe, thankfully my family and loved ones all have our health during this pandemic. Enjoy, any feedback/critique is welcomed.

Back
Top Bottom