The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

I havent posted on NT in like 10 years, so heres my return lol. Some of my favorite shots i've taken over the years. Feel free to ask any questions or follow me on IF for more of my work @DS.IMG

These are all drone images my camera images are too large to upload and idk how to downsize them at the moment lol
1 and 7 are just to ****ing dope man. Where is that court at?

Cold+Nights+1.jpg

Oak+1.jpg

Came to this thread inquiring/looking for this guy a few years ago after he up and disappeared, and he just randomly popped up last year. Check out some of his stuff if you have the time

What settings are you guys using for long exposure photos? Looking to practice this weekend

YOU JUST HAVE TO PLAY WITH IT REALLY. NOT AN EXACT SHUTTER SPEED TO GO WITH. 3-5 SEC IS USUALLY DECENT(SOMETIMES THE LONGER THE BETTER DEPENDING ON THE SHOT), (IM STILL GETTING USED TO THE SONY PLATFORM) SO I USED ISO AUTO ON MY PHOTO ABOVE, AND I WAS WIDE OPEN AT F/4.

It all depends on the thing you are shooting. Settings will all have to be adjusted to the amount of light that is out. In saying that though, I think the sweet spot is f/8-f/13 for a picture that is really in focus. I know people say shooting up to f/22 you get a lot of defraction but I still even do it to this day just to get the stars in the lights. As far as shutter, that is all dependent on what you are shooting. If you are shooting say a freeway and want to get light trails, 10 seconds or longer is plenty for that. Some people want crazy long exposures and try to shoot up to 30 seconds. You can shoot longer if you have filters and if there is a lot of light out.

By the end of it, just play with settings. Key thing is have ISO at the lowest so you can close your f-stop up to f/10. I also bracket to just to get different exposures and blend if necessary in Lightroom and Photoshop.

Good looking pictures in this thread! Any recommendations for a novice level camera, digital preferably
Going to be used mostly for action shots/vids , like combining 35mm films and cellphones
I guess more like 35mm digital lol any advice or recommendations would help!
thanks

Good looking pictures in this thread! Any recommendations for a novice level camera, digital preferably
Going to be used mostly for action shots/vids , like combining 35mm films and cellphones
I guess more like 35mm digital lol any advice or recommendations would help!
thanks

Look into the Fuji X-T3, Sony A7 III or A7S II, Sony A6400, or Panasonic GH5. I've heard of good things with those cameras but honesty, I don't shoot video but I do watch a lot of YouTube vloggers talk about those cameras.

I havent kept up with camera equipment, but I was looking to upgrade (Canon 5DV) and I see a plethora of 5DIV and L lenses.

Everyone seems to be talking about the Canon R mirrorless.

Is everyone jumping ships and going mirrorless? Is the canon joint that good?

Back
Top Bottom