The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Just some random photos I took with the new iPhone 14 Pro
55CEB647-3B8B-4EC5-8979-48B9DA40CD8C.jpeg
11CD9C93-1355-4DAE-B03F-BEBB5EC67A16.jpeg
0F59B42C-DFAE-461F-BE75-92563CEEC6FC.jpeg
C7C245C9-4702-4DFB-84E1-46D1A62D34EA.jpeg

Camera is crazy

Annnnnd i just opened some files i just got back from the lab and i have several more :smh:
I feel your pain bro.

Going to be in Chicago for a work thing and going to see if I can pop off 36 shots of Cinestill 800T all in one night. Was thinking about bring my RB67 but just seems too silly since it’s so big. I’ve learned to hate 35mm especially for night stuff but just going to live with it.

I feel your pain bro.

Going to be in Chicago for a work thing and going to see if I can pop off 36 shots of Cinestill 800T all in one night. Was thinking about bring my RB67 but just seems too silly since it’s so big. I’ve learned to hate 35mm especially for night stuff but just going to live with it.
Even if you still dont bring it im still gonna suggest that you do, i hate not to have a camera i couldve brought with me when i go on trips.

But then again you could leave with one camera and come back with two in my experience :lol:

Even if you still dont bring it im still gonna suggest that you do, i hate not to have a camera i couldve brought with me when i go on trips.

But then again you could leave with one camera and come back with two in my experience :lol:
Man....I think I am packing up the RB67. Even though it's a pain, I think shooting 20 shots with two rolls is easier than shooting 36 shots with the 35mm roll. Plus I like the ISO performance on medium format. I am still like anti-grain....haha.

Well, I got back my 4 rolls and man was it bad. 1 roll is a waste which I knew. I had another roll where maybe I didn't shoot at the right shutter speed? Every single shot was blurry. Then my two other rolls, I had one with 9 shots and the other with 5. Overall, I got about 5 shots I liked out of 40 possible and paid $74 for all of it. Also shooting Lomochrome Purple in the snow was a total waste. They pretty much act as black and white film.

Man....I think I am packing up the RB67. Even though it's a pain, I think shooting 20 shots with two rolls is easier than shooting 36 shots with the 35mm roll. Plus I like the ISO performance on medium format. I am still like anti-grain....haha.

Well, I got back my 4 rolls and man was it bad. 1 roll is a waste which I knew. I had another roll where maybe I didn't shoot at the right shutter speed? Every single shot was blurry. Then my two other rolls, I had one with 9 shots and the other with 5. Overall, I got about 5 shots I liked out of 40 possible and paid $74 for all of it. Also shooting Lomochrome Purple in the snow was a total waste. They pretty much act as black and white film.

The saying is true what they say about the differences with 35mm vs 120 , dont care about 35mm screwups , at a car show i can go through a roll in about 5 mins but with medium format you pay for your mistakes and become more vigilant. I catch myself making some mistakes while im shooting but i make sure to take my time on setting the shutter speed, and its winding correctly (ruined a roll of ekatchrome rushing at a car show) once im in a groove.

Basically these things come with the film game but when that **** WORKS it makes it all worth it. :lol: dont let it discourse you man ,keep shooting. :pimp:

I went to this popular tourist place a few years ago but wasn't happy with the pictures - the sky was rubbish the colors were weird. Spent lunchtime today fiddling with this one and it's the best so far. Black and white to fix the colors and then added a slight tone to it.

I went to this popular tourist place a few years ago but wasn't happy with the pictures - the sky was rubbish the colors were weird. Spent lunchtime today fiddling with this one and it's the best so far. Black and white to fix the colors and then added a slight tone to it.

You could probably easily drop a nice sky in the that picture if you wanted to.

You could probably easily drop a nice sky in the that picture if you wanted to.

Yeah, I had a version like that - just slightly hard not to make it artificial looking. Subtle clouds would probably work.

Only been on that site a few times, hard to navigate but i found a home at phototrio, they have just about everything you need

5B81FB00-60C5-4ADF-8FA7-2AD60008BC87.png

Twas too good to be true. Messaged the seller last Wednesday to meet today for it but they never got back to me :smh:

I know so little about the technical parts of cameras. What sets Leica apart in the digital market? I'm more familiar with their heritage in analog cameras. But I saw a million+ yen camera at a yodobashi camera store in Japan and I was very curious to know what warranted that price.

I know so little about the technical parts of cameras. What sets Leica apart in the digital market? I'm more familiar with their heritage in analog cameras. But I saw a million+ yen camera at a yodobashi camera store in Japan and I was very curious to know what warranted that price.

I want to say it is expensive cause they are made in Germany still whereas other companies are just getting everything made in China. Leica prides themselves in quality and craftsmanship which is still assembled by hand. Same with Rolex and other luxury brands.

I do think there is a definite swing in cameras right now considering the trends of film cameras or even crappier cameras that give off a retro look. I almost think it is unnecessary having a camera that is 50 megapixels seeing how most photos just live online or on social media platforms. Of course thing can all swing back and there are still things you need to shoot with higher tech devices like sports and what not but I think you can grab a camera that is 10 years old and produce something suitable for todays look.

I want to say it is expensive cause they are made in Germany still whereas other companies are just getting everything made in China. Leica prides themselves in quality and craftsmanship which is still assembled by hand. Same with Rolex and other luxury brands.

I do think there is a definite swing in cameras right now considering the trends of film cameras or even crappier cameras that give off a retro look. I almost think it is unnecessary having a camera that is 50 megapixels seeing how most photos just live online or on social media platforms. Of course thing can all swing back and there are still things you need to shoot with higher tech devices like sports and what not but I think you can grab a camera that is 10 years old and produce something suitable for todays look.
Good point. I've only owned a couple of digital cameras, and quality/craftsmanship is certainly not something I was concerned about as a hobbyist. I could imagine that being a much bigger factor for a professional and/or artist.

I'm a big fan of the mirrorless digital cameras that look like old 35mm SLRs lol. After my sony A7 is toast (5 years and still strong now) I'll prob consider something like the fuji or olympus models like that.

for the camera (bodies) it’s the brand name, their glass also has a reputation for being top tier & has a particular look…build quality definitely factors in but i think it’s mostly a brand thing

Back
Top Bottom