The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

Got this via email, regarding FFXIV.  Is this for real? Or for fake because I don't remember signing up for anything

==========

This e-mail has been sent to the registered e-mail address of a Square Enix account holder who has applied to become a beta tester for FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn. Please disregard this e-mail if you do not recall submitting an application.

==========

Thank you for your interest in FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn! It is our pleasure to inform you that you have been selected for the role of Beta Tester. Be sure to read over this e-mail thoroughly and we look forward to your assistance during the testing process.

To register the enclosed FFXIV: ARR Beta Test code, please follow the instructions on the following site:

http://sqex.to/otT

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Test Registration Code

========

========

*If you opted to test both the Windows and PlayStation 3 versions of the beta test please note that an announcement will be made before the start of Beta Test phase 3 for those wishing to test on the PlayStation 3.

*This registration code cannot be reissued, so please do not lose it.

*Transferring or selling this registration code to another individual is prohibited. In the case prohibited actions are discovered, your rights to be a tester will be revoked and your FINAL FANTASY XIV account will be suspended.

Confidentiality Obligations

As stated in the “FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Tester Agreement,” testers are prohibited from disclosing any proprietary information related to the Beta Test. Beta Testers shall not disclose, publish, distribute, transmit, post, or otherwise make available, directly or indirectly, any Confidential Information regarding specifications of the Beta version, technology, bugs and information available on the Beta Tester forums (including the opinions of yourself and others) to any other person or external sites (including blogs and social media sites).

In the event that we confirm that infringement has occurred, your rights to be a tester will be revoked and your FINAL FANTASY XIV account will be suspended.

As we progress through the phases of the Beta Test, we are planning to remove the limitations on publicizing information. A separate announcement will be made when this becomes possible, so please abide by the above guidelines until that time. Please conduct all feedback and discussions with other testers on the Beta Tester forums.

Thank you for helping to make FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn the best game it can be!

If you have any questions regarding this e-mail or any other aspect of the Beta test, please visit the Square Enix Support Center.
http://sqex.to/WXr
You do know what today is? :lol:

Got this via email, regarding FFXIV.  Is this for real? Or for fake because I don't remember signing up for anything

==========

This e-mail has been sent to the registered e-mail address of a Square Enix account holder who has applied to become a beta tester for FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn. Please disregard this e-mail if you do not recall submitting an application.

==========

Thank you for your interest in FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn! It is our pleasure to inform you that you have been selected for the role of Beta Tester. Be sure to read over this e-mail thoroughly and we look forward to your assistance during the testing process.

To register the enclosed FFXIV: ARR Beta Test code, please follow the instructions on the following site:

========

========

*If you opted to test both the Windows and PlayStation 3 versions of the beta test please note that an announcement will be made before the start of Beta Test phase 3 for those wishing to test on the PlayStation 3.

*Transferring or selling this registration code to another individual is prohibited. In the case prohibited actions are discovered, your rights to be a tester will be revoked and your FINAL FANTASY XIV account will be suspended.

As stated in the “FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Tester Agreement,” testers are prohibited from disclosing any proprietary information related to the Beta Test. Beta Testers shall not disclose, publish, distribute, transmit, post, or otherwise make available, directly or indirectly, any Confidential Information regarding specifications of the Beta version, technology, bugs and information available on the Beta Tester forums (including the opinions of yourself and others) to any other person or external sites (including blogs and social media sites).

In the event that we confirm that infringement has occurred, your rights to be a tester will be revoked and your FINAL FANTASY XIV account will be suspended.

As we progress through the phases of the Beta Test, we are planning to remove the limitations on publicizing information. A separate announcement will be made when this becomes possible, so please abide by the above guidelines until that time. Please conduct all feedback and discussions with other testers on the Beta Tester forums.

Thank you for helping to make FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn the best game it can be!

If you have any questions regarding this e-mail or any other aspect of the Beta test, please visit the Square Enix Support Center.
You do know what today is?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 lol okay nevermind, got me first thing in the morning

Check the store for some apps.

Get Persona Golden.

Get Netflix.

Buy a game that uses cross-save so you can play your game on the go (MLB, Sly Cooper).

Wait for PS4.

So essentially I wasted my money haha. Apps are useless on here. Persona isn't my cup of tea anymore. I use gamefly so cross save isn't really available. And I'm already waiting. Sigh.

==========

==========

========

========

This is real. No, I'm not kidding the new beta phase started today.

Last edited:
Recently picked up a PS Vita and PS All Stars for $100. Other then playing that game, I feel this was a waste of money. Can anyone direct me to the potential that this portable has to offer?

What type of games do you like?

Also Vita will be able to stream all PS4 games (Apart from dancing and move games). Sony is making it mandatory for devs to have a control scheme for the Vita.
It already works fine with a PS3 but it will look and perform better with the PS4 since the hardware is built with remote play in mind using Gaikai and of course Wireless N.

Here's Bioshock Infinite and NI No Kuni through remote play as an example.

Can someone explain Demon's Souls difficulty to me? I have never played it but have heard its crazy hard.

Although I have seen several people with the Platinum trophy so it makes me believe it cant be that hard...

Can someone explain Demon's Souls difficulty to me? I have never played it but have heard its crazy hard.

Although I have seen several people with the Platinum trophy so it makes me believe it cant be that hard...

iWoOh93wFdrhR.gif

World Tendency influences difficulty and certain events in that world. World Tendency's depend on the server and player action

Pure White Tendency enemies are easier to kill, but drop fewer, less valuable items and hold the least number of souls. Healing items are dropped more frequently.

Pure Black Tendency enemies are tougher, but drop more valuable items in greater abundance. They hold the largest number of souls.

strongly recommended to play in offline mode when controlling the world tendencies. These tendencies change on certain Holidays, such as Halloween

To change tendency to black player must die seven times in human form (when you use souls to become human) and for white killing black phantoms and summoning blue

phantoms for help will change the world to white.

Last edited:

it's not even that hard imo (haven't beat it tho)...

it's more annoying than anything... just the thought of having to start alllll the way over each time you die.. yea

but i think you'll like the game though.

iWoOh93wFdrhR.gif

World Tendency influences difficulty and certain events in that world. World Tendency's depend on the server and player action

Pure White Tendency enemies are easier to kill, but drop fewer, less valuable items and hold the least number of souls. Healing items are dropped more frequently.

Pure Black Tendency enemies are tougher, but drop more valuable items in greater abundance. They hold the largest number of souls.

strongly recommended to play in offline mode when controlling the world tendencies. These tendencies change on certain Holidays, such as Halloween

To change tendency to black player must die seven times in human form (when you use souls to become human) and for white killing black phantoms and summoning blue

phantoms for help will change the world to white.
:rofl: man, i do the exact same thing whenever I see those skeletons in the Tomb of the Giants. They are so difficult to fight, especially due to the small ledges you have to fight on. >:

In demon's souls, you also cant forget about character tendency. From the wiki:
Character Tendency affects difficulty and at Pure White or Pure Black, adds some content to the game. Character Tendency is independent of World Tendency for the most part. Resulting amount of maximum Soul Form HP is affected by both Character Tendency and World Tendency (see table).

Pure White
Talk to the Monumental to get the Friend's Ring when your Character Tendency is Pure White.
Attack power is increased in Soul Form. Increases 10% at White, and 20% at Pure White. Stacks with World Tendency.
Attack power is increased as a Blue Phantom in another world.

Black
Your maximum HP in Soul Form is reduced to 47.5%.

Pure Black
Your maximum HP in Soul Form is reduced to 45%.
Mephistopheles will show up on the second floor of the Nexus after you have released and killed Yurt in 3-2. When you speak to her, she will offer you a number of assasination quests.
Attack power is increased as an invading Black Phantom.

The thing is, since the demon's souls servers were taken offline, I don't think that this will make much of a difference. If the servers were still up, I would have helped people get an easy platinum in one playthrough. :\

Man Playstation Plus just keeps on delivering.

Also Bioshock: Infinite is AMAZING. The graphics, the story, the gameplay all AMAZING. Only thing i wish they did was make a true boss battle

PS+ is one of the best things to happen to gaming.

I took advantage of the 3 months free for a year's sub so I'm good to go till december 2014

Recently picked up a PS Vita and PS All Stars for $100. Other then playing that game, I feel this was a waste of money. Can anyone direct me to the potential that this portable has to offer?

word, i feel the same way. when i bought the vita, i knew i wanted to play AC liberation and thought i'd find other games on it. i ultimately found out that the rest of the games on the vita's list of games just didn't interest me at all. i thought you could remote play ps3 games, but the list of remote play games is so small and consist of games i would never buy, so that remote play option is just BS to me. i also just found out sony had no interest in allowing customers to convert old psp games to the vita, we'd have to purchase the same game for the vita.

i get what ddouble is saying, but i don't plan on getting a ps4 until the end of 2014 or the beginning of 2015, so the reality for me is after i beat AC lib, this $250 upgraded psp will collect dust until i own a ps4. ...feels bad homie.

PS+ is one of the best things to happen to gaming.

I took advantage of the 3 months free for a year's sub so I'm good to go till december 2014

I agree. I signed on Day 1, and it was the best decision. I've gotten my money back so many times over, it's not even fair. :lol:

Demon's Souls servers are still up.
Oh. Last I heard they were taking all the servers offline. I guess I missed the memo that said that they were keeping the North American servers running. :lol:

To those who are going to get that game, good luck with the dual katana wielding black skeletons, good luck in the tower of latria, good luck in the valley of defilement, and good luck against the firelurker and false king allant. :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom