The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

Originally Posted by aveezytheBEAST

Anybody download LIMBO? Great puzzle adventure game. Demo is out but i ended up buying the full game too

Yeah, I bought it, too. Was waiting for it to come out on PS3, what a great title. Put some emotion back into gaming, for me.

Originally Posted by aveezytheBEAST

Anybody download LIMBO? Great puzzle adventure game. Demo is out but i ended up buying the full game too

Yeah, I bought it, too. Was waiting for it to come out on PS3, what a great title. Put some emotion back into gaming, for me.

Heads up Canadians

Ebgames Doorcrasher today is Killzone 3 Collector edition for 29.99. 100 dollar price drop in less then 6 months....

Heads up Canadians

Ebgames Doorcrasher today is Killzone 3 Collector edition for 29.99. 100 dollar price drop in less then 6 months....

Been using Medialink to stream music and movies but I've been getting some lag when streaming movies recently. Is there a better streaming server alternative?

Been using Medialink to stream music and movies but I've been getting some lag when streaming movies recently. Is there a better streaming server alternative?

Via blog.us.playstation.com

PS3 firmware 3.70 now live, adds automatic trophy sync and shuffles video services around
ps3fw810.jpg

It's time again for a PS3 firmware update -- which means, according to cosmic law, you were just about to turn on your PS3 for a quick ten-minute gaming session.

PS3 firmware 3.70, which we heard about just yesterday, is now live. As advertised, it enhances the PlayStation-Plus exclusive automatic downloading feature, adding automatic trophy sync and automatic cloud save uploads. It also adds various enhancements for Blu-Ray movies, and 3D image viewing, if you want to see what it's like to wear 3D glasses while looking at your 3DS pictures.

And a quick PSA: Firmware 3.70 also adds a new XMB category, "TV/Video Services." When you can't figure out where your Hulu and Netflix icons have gone, they're in there.

PS3 firmware 3.70 now live, adds automatic trophy sync and shuffles video services around
ps3fw810.jpg

It's time again for a PS3 firmware update -- which means, according to cosmic law, you were just about to turn on your PS3 for a quick ten-minute gaming session.

PS3 firmware 3.70, which we heard about just yesterday, is now live. As advertised, it enhances the PlayStation-Plus exclusive automatic downloading feature, adding automatic trophy sync and automatic cloud save uploads. It also adds various enhancements for Blu-Ray movies, and 3D image viewing, if you want to see what it's like to wear 3D glasses while looking at your 3DS pictures.

And a quick PSA: Firmware 3.70 also adds a new XMB category, "TV/Video Services." When you can't figure out where your Hulu and Netflix icons have gone, they're in there.

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

Just got into the COD Elite Beta.
Wack.
Ridley Scott is part of this, I'm in now.

Via Joystiq

Ridley Scott (and others) working on Call of Duty Elite content

sirridley.jpg

Usually, we think of making first-person shooter videos as the domain of dorm dwellers with too much time and not enough party invitations or, well, that chocolate milk kid. But, as you know, Activision has talked about bringing some actual adults into the field with Call of Duty Elite video content. Now we've gotten our first peek at that roster of "Hollywood talent," which includes Jason Bateman, Will Arnett and directors Ridley Scott (as in Blade Runner) and Tony Scott. Activision Publishing CEO Eric Hirshberg revealed the names while speaking at the Pacific Crest Global Technology Leadership Forum.

As reported by USA Today, Hirshberg said, "Just like any other passion that people spend a lot of their free time doing, Call of Duty players share a common language and a common experience and we think we can create some entertainment content that they will love and talk about and share."

We're assuming USA Today accidentally left "on YouTube" off at the end there

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

Just got into the COD Elite Beta.
Wack.
Ridley Scott is part of this, I'm in now.

Via Joystiq

Ridley Scott (and others) working on Call of Duty Elite content

sirridley.jpg

Usually, we think of making first-person shooter videos as the domain of dorm dwellers with too much time and not enough party invitations or, well, that chocolate milk kid. But, as you know, Activision has talked about bringing some actual adults into the field with Call of Duty Elite video content. Now we've gotten our first peek at that roster of "Hollywood talent," which includes Jason Bateman, Will Arnett and directors Ridley Scott (as in Blade Runner) and Tony Scott. Activision Publishing CEO Eric Hirshberg revealed the names while speaking at the Pacific Crest Global Technology Leadership Forum.

As reported by USA Today, Hirshberg said, "Just like any other passion that people spend a lot of their free time doing, Call of Duty players share a common language and a common experience and we think we can create some entertainment content that they will love and talk about and share."

We're assuming USA Today accidentally left "on YouTube" off at the end there

Beat Hazard Ultra coming to PSN in September

Joystiq Indie Pitch game and current Steam/XBLA release Beat Hazard will appear in an upgraded form on PSN this September, as Beat Hazard Ultra. Cold Beam Games' Steve Hunt wrote the PSN release of the music-based shooter himself, which is crazy.

The twin-stick shooter generates levels from either the included music or any music on your hard drive. The PSN update adds online play, in either competitive or cooperative modes, so you can subject a friend to a seventeen-minute "In-a-Gadda-da-Vida" gauntlet. You can even turn the music-responsive visual effects up to 200% of normal, to really traumatize your co-op partner.

Beat Hazard Ultra coming to PSN in September

Joystiq Indie Pitch game and current Steam/XBLA release Beat Hazard will appear in an upgraded form on PSN this September, as Beat Hazard Ultra. Cold Beam Games' Steve Hunt wrote the PSN release of the music-based shooter himself, which is crazy.

The twin-stick shooter generates levels from either the included music or any music on your hard drive. The PSN update adds online play, in either competitive or cooperative modes, so you can subject a friend to a seventeen-minute "In-a-Gadda-da-Vida" gauntlet. You can even turn the music-responsive visual effects up to 200% of normal, to really traumatize your co-op partner.

Trophy info for 3 new HD Collection packs released today.
Splinter Cell - Trophies look absolutely RIDICULOUS.  
tired.gif
 Love the games, though, so it isnt an issue. - September 27th, 2011

God of War Origins - Same as any other GOW trophy list. Easy for some people. - September 13th, 2011

Team Ico - Look fairly straight-forward. So excited to play these again. - September 27th, 2011

GOW and Splinter Cell are out now in Europe.

Trophy info for 3 new HD Collection packs released today.
Splinter Cell - Trophies look absolutely RIDICULOUS.  
tired.gif
 Love the games, though, so it isnt an issue. - September 27th, 2011

God of War Origins - Same as any other GOW trophy list. Easy for some people. - September 13th, 2011

Team Ico - Look fairly straight-forward. So excited to play these again. - September 27th, 2011

GOW and Splinter Cell are out now in Europe.

Back
Top Bottom