The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

PSN Tuesday 1-31-12

THIS WEEK: 
United States/Canada 
[color= rgb(0, 204, 204)]
[/color]

[color= rgb(0, 204, 204)]Games:[/color] 

i loved fo3 over nv cuz the whole experience as a whole had me hooked. i loved wandering the wasteland have having 3 dog as the mc tracking your journey through galaxy news radio. i can honestly tell you i loved the soundtrack and fit the game as a whole def play fo3 imo better than nv

Damn the Darkness
pimp.gif

Played the first one years ago and forgot how good it was. The story was
pimp.gif
and it was one of the freakier games that I have played.

If you were on the fence as to whether or not you should purchase Dragon's Dogma when it launches this May, then how's this for a deal sweetener? Copies of Capcom's open-world RPG title will come bundled with early access to the Resident Evil 6 demo, which will be available to download from the PlayStation Store in early September.

Purchasers of Dragon's Dogma will be able to redeem the token for the Resident Evil 6 demo, which will be available ahead of the game's November 20th launch on September 4th in North America and Japan, and September 5th in Europe.

Dragon's Dogma itself sees players cast in the role of a hero with three AI Pawns at his or her side, with a vast fantasy open-world to explore and an array of monsters like golems, griffins, dragons and chimeras to slay. You'll be able to travel to the Rift and share Pawns and get treasure, knowledge of the world and strategies for tackling enemies as a reward.

Dragon's Dogma will be coming on May 22nd in North America and May 25th in Europe.

wait did I just read something right? the simpsons arcade is being released??? is that the OG? sorry I've been out of the loop with games

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

wait did I just read something right? the simpsons arcade is being released??? is that the OG? sorry I've been out of the loop with games
Yup, can't wait! 

Pretty cool, but they've already given away all those Sega games for free already.

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

Just threw in FFXIII-2 
pimp.gif

Post your thoughts, when u have a chance. I picked it up, but also picked up Atelier Lotori: Adventurer of Arland for 29.99 so ill go through that first.

Also Playstation Plus next month is going to be great. Signed up for Ps+ from day one and have zero regrets
pimp.gif

Just threw in FFXIII-2 
pimp.gif

Post your thoughts, when u have a chance. I picked it up, but also picked up Atelier Lotori: Adventurer of Arland for 29.99 so ill go through that first.

Also Playstation Plus next month is going to be great. Signed up for Ps+ from day one and have zero regrets
pimp.gif

Man I still have to play Uncharted 3...also picked up Driver a few weeks ago and haven't opened that up...I've been addicted to NHL 12 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Man I still have to play Uncharted 3...also picked up Driver a few weeks ago and haven't opened that up...I've been addicted to NHL 12 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

anyone try the twisted metal demo yet?

im currently downloading it. 39%

Played death match a few times online and I really like the game so far.
Can't wait to get the game from my Sony hook up.

Played death match a few times online and I really like the game so far.
Can't wait to get the game from my Sony hook up.

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

Just threw in FFXIII-2 
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

You mean Atelier Rarona or Tatori?
I am a HUGE JRPG fan, but I really really disliked Rarona. I understand Tatori is very similar as a sequel. Its not alot of battle, its more fabricating items from other items.  That in itself isnt horrible (Dark Cloud was awesome at this). But it gave you such strict deadlines that you had to EITHER fabricate OR battle. I traded Rarona in after 2 days of trying to push through it.

Anyway, I am only about 3-4 hours into XIII-2 and I have to say that Serah and Noel are much better than any other character (other than Lightning) in XIII. They are a bit more subdued, believable, and you can sympathize a bit more with their plight. The battle system is improved with the addition of monsters, the sidequests are not the most imaginative, but they force exploration if you so desire. 

I can see story being a little weak. So far I see it as not amazing by any means, but alot more engaging than the first installment. Leveling up is a little more confusing, but I just stick with what I know to be characters strengths and proceed that way.

Good news to trophy hunters is that the Plat may take 100 hours (potentially alot shorter, but depends on your skill), but it is attainable. Unlike XIII where it relied a little too much on luck for me.

Again only 4 hours in.... this is no classic, but it is an improvement for sure. We'll see how the game progresses. 

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

Just threw in FFXIII-2 
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

You mean Atelier Rarona or Tatori?
I am a HUGE JRPG fan, but I really really disliked Rarona. I understand Tatori is very similar as a sequel. Its not alot of battle, its more fabricating items from other items.  That in itself isnt horrible (Dark Cloud was awesome at this). But it gave you such strict deadlines that you had to EITHER fabricate OR battle. I traded Rarona in after 2 days of trying to push through it.

Anyway, I am only about 3-4 hours into XIII-2 and I have to say that Serah and Noel are much better than any other character (other than Lightning) in XIII. They are a bit more subdued, believable, and you can sympathize a bit more with their plight. The battle system is improved with the addition of monsters, the sidequests are not the most imaginative, but they force exploration if you so desire. 

I can see story being a little weak. So far I see it as not amazing by any means, but alot more engaging than the first installment. Leveling up is a little more confusing, but I just stick with what I know to be characters strengths and proceed that way.

Good news to trophy hunters is that the Plat may take 100 hours (potentially alot shorter, but depends on your skill), but it is attainable. Unlike XIII where it relied a little too much on luck for me.

Again only 4 hours in.... this is no classic, but it is an improvement for sure. We'll see how the game progresses. 

I just downloaded it. I really like it so far. It takes a little while to get used to because every button on the remote including the analog sticks is used for a different action. For a melle car game there is quite a bit of strategy involved. I havent this much fun playing online since Killzone 2. Day one cop, I may also invest in a headset too.

I just downloaded it. I really like it so far. It takes a little while to get used to because every button on the remote including the analog sticks is used for a different action. For a melle car game there is quite a bit of strategy involved. I havent this much fun playing online since Killzone 2. Day one cop, I may also invest in a headset too.

Back
Top Bottom