The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Wii (my brother's) and PS4 are the only consoles I had on release date.

PS4 sucked for me only cause that was my introduction to mandatory install/downloads. I came back from the midnight release and didn't even play cause PSN was jacked and then the game (Killzone) took forever to download.

That said,

PS5 Day One for me :lol:

Were you on that NT'er internet access tethering your cell phone connection life :lol:

Ppl in this thread talm bout waiting for the ps5 to play the last of us 2? Y’all brazy. TLoU2 is day 1 for me
We just waiting for inevitable TLOU2 Remastered complete edition with MP and Left Behind 2 DLC: Before Dina

not that crazy

We just waiting for inevitable TLOU2 Remastered complete edition with MP and Left Behind 2 DLC: Before Dina

not that crazy
Yeah but are you going to be able to avoid spoilers before PS5 release? I’m assuming you even care about that :lol:
Were you on that NT'er internet access tethering your cell phone connection life :lol:
Bruh, I didn’t even have a cell when the Wii dropped. I was like 17 and didn’t get my own phone til I was 18 and could afford the phone as well as the plan on my own :lol:

Yeah but are you going to be able to avoid spoilers before PS5 release? I’m assuming you even care about that :lol:

:lol:I mean I just got the PS4 in last October for RDR2. And I haven't had any of the games I've played since spoiled.
Uc4
Hzd
SM
NIER
It really isn't that hard to avoid spoilers to me. Just scroll past them and/or unsubscribe to the Reddit. I also don't have social media if that's even a factor. I mean I haven't played Bloodborne and plan on it and when someone mentions it in here I just scroll past. I'm essentially doing what I did with the PS4 to the PS5. Its not JUST TLOU2 I'm waiting to play but DS, GOT, Cyberpunk will all be PS5 remastered complete versions purchases.
If I'm gonna be making these full price purchases at least a year from now, the least I can do is protect myself from being spoiled of the experience

Just gonna confirm these games are solid from easy allies and go dark

They do that. I wouldn’t even need to buy any other launch games. The time I’d spend getting platinums for IV-VI would be nuts.
Worse part off the top would be the 254 or 255 battles to undo the curse ring which you can also fight brachiosaurus and level up and max espers at the same time. I'd love a remastered collection.

Worse part off the top would be the 254 or 255 battles to undo the curse ring which you can also fight brachiosaurus and level up and max espers at the same time. I'd love a remastered collection.
Crazy part about the branchosaurs was growing up and realizing that it wasn’t some secret I discovered, I thought I had found legit hidden gem. :lol:

Cursed shield wouldn’t be too bad if you equip the ribbon.

Anyone else never buy consoles on release date?

Usually no games and the release date consoles have issues sometimes.

PS4, PS Vita, PSVR and PS4 pro were all day 1 for me. No regrets.
PSVR and the PS4's required lots of time to set up because i swapped hard drives with an SSD and had to download and install the OS. PSVR just had loads of cables.

Vita on the other hand was straight forward and quick.

Got the 3G version so I had a SIM card ready for it. It was glorious :lol:
Launch lineup was crazy too. Bought Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Virtua Tennis and Wipeout 2048.
Marvel 3 on that OLED screen and that D-PAD back in 2012 :wow:

And the original model is still hands down the best looking handheld of all time so I'm glad I bought it

1570823613295.png

All of them blew me away, except for the Pro for obvious reasons.

If the backwards compatibility is live day one that will solve the lack of games problem for me cause I have plenty to play lol

I can't see why it wouldn't be day 1 to be honest. Some titles may have bugs here and there but from what they've said it should be day 1.

D Double D Double I added a SSD then went a step further with my Pro and voided the warranty right away by replacing the thermal paste with liquid metal and better thermal pads for the memory chips. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why do you think games would have bugs? It's the same system architecture with a newer OS build. Existing PS4 games should actually run better.

truth be told i did up until i actually bought a ps4
i didnt buy one until that joog where sears had it for $100
and i price matched it at walmart for that last batman arkham asylum/ps4 bundle
where i guess he was riding in the batmobile too much
and folks aint like it
i avoided spoilers of the last of us up until then

truth be told i did up until i actually bought a ps4
i didnt buy one until that joog where sears had it for $100
and i price matched it at walmart for that last batman arkham asylum/ps4 bundle
where i guess he was riding in the batmobile too much
and folks aint like it
i avoided spoilers of the last of us up until then
Nice. I don’t trust the internet. I don’t even watch Star Wars but I know of a certain character dying in one of the movies just because somebody spammed it in a Twitch chat :lol:

D Double D Double I added a SSD then went a step further with my Pro and voided the warranty right away by replacing the thermal paste with liquid metal and better thermal pads for the memory chips. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why do you think games would have bugs? It's the same system architecture with a newer OS build. Existing PS4 games should actually run better.

You weren't taking any chances. :lol:
I'm not brave enough unless it's broken.

For BC, They will have the same architecture but still different chips. AMD have come a long way with the Ryzens compared to the Jaguars that were in the PS4 so It depends on how each game was coded.

Remember how the 60GB PS3 had PS2 hardware for BC then the 80GB version after was only emulating PS2 games in software and not every game worked straight away but more did after firmware updates.

Something similar to that but obviously it would've been harder back then because of the different architecture between PS2 and PS3. PS4 to PS5 should be a lot more straight forward. Both have 8 core AMD x86 CPU's and GPU's so we should be good with the odd glitch or bug here or there which will probably be patched.

You weren't taking any chances. :lol:
I'm not brave enough unless it's broken.

For BC, They will have the same architecture but still different chips. AMD have come a long way with the Ryzens compared to the Jaguars that were in the PS4 so It depends on how each game was coded.

Remember how the 60GB PS3 had PS2 hardware for BC then the 80GB version after was only emulating PS2 games in software and not every game worked straight away but more did after firmware updates.

Something similar to that but obviously it would've been harder back then because of the different architecture between PS2 and PS3. PS4 to PS5 should be a lot more straight forward. Both have 8 core AMD x86 CPU's and GPU's so we should be good with the odd glitch or bug here or there which will probably be patched.

D Double D Double take note that when games are installed to the PS4 they are listed as applications, so they reside on top of the OS. If you think about Windows 7, 8, 10 there's no issue with applications (or games) in this case running on the newer OS. Similar with Android and Mac OS. The OS handles the interactions with the CPU/GPU/APU so it should be straightforward.

I hear you on PS3 - that was an extremely proprietary PowerPC implementation while XBox 360 had a more standardized implementation which made it easier to develop on.

I canceled my pre-order but I also hope it turns out great. I’ll pick it up for bargain bin price when PS5 drops.

i loved that one but i think i like most brutal one with kirin where he snaps his horn, slams him to the ground east the horn on the spot then turns super saiyan

the whole cinematic/intro to rajang was just amazing

D Double D Double take note that when games are installed to the PS4 they are listed as applications, so they reside on top of the OS. If you think about Windows 7, 8, 10 there's no issue with applications (or games) in this case running on the newer OS. Similar with Android and Mac OS. The OS handles the interactions with the CPU/GPU/APU so it should be straightforward.

I hear you on PS3 - that was an extremely proprietary PowerPC implementation while XBox 360 had a more standardized implementation which made it easier to develop on.

From my understanding, API's for consoles, especially PlayStaions are usually low level because you only have 1 hardware config you're programming for so devs can take advantage more from "coding to the metal" or low level access to the hardware which will make it harder to lift and shift the same code for completely different hardware.

It's great for extracting the most out of the hardware which is why 1st party games look the best but at the same time lifting the code for that game and trying to run it on completely different hardware will need tinkering.

PC's generally have a high level API that goes through Windows so that all variations of PC hardware configs you can make will be compatible with windows and its apps whereas a console is essentially 1 config so it's API can be really low level to take advantage of the custom hardware.

Even windows has compatibility mode for older apps due to the changes made over the years in the OS even though the underlying kernel is still more or less the same.

Back
Top Bottom